Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Great Linkedin profiles

2»

Comments

• Options
    LinkedIn is the cringiest hell hole I've ever witnessed. I actually hate it.

I do use the recruiter site though, as its a pretty cool tool.
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    Seems to be a growing trend. Every time someone leaves our place these days you get an email come round saying it's the best place they've ever worked, the people are great, the bosses are great, everything is amazing, etc, etc.

So why you leaving then?

cos you still work there?
  • Options
    State of Linkedin is a brilliant account. Think it's run by the same guy/team(?) that does DHOTY.
  • Options
    LinkedIn is the cringiest hell hole I've ever witnessed. I actually hate it.

I do use the recruiter site though, as its a pretty cool tool.
    Recruiter is absolutely unreal. I can see why LinkedIn are able to charge through the nose for it! As I'm in a smaller enterprise I don't have the beefed-up version, but the search tool is absolutely brilliant for what you can find, and the parameters by which you can search.
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    If the bloke has just got up and his missus and kids are still asleep, then who's made him the "freshly brewed coffee" he can smell as he comes downstairs?

I'd like to see the LinkedIn profile for his live-in servant.

"4.00am - woke up.

Went upstairs from the dungeon-like basement room I sleep in and switched the coffee machine on.

Honestly, the bloke I work for is such a self-obsessed arrogant cnut I really don't know why I do this sh*t for minimum wage. His coffee alone costs more than I get paid in a day. 

4.35am - here he comes now. Just time for me to flob in his coffee before he gets here."
    This does not absolve him from being a self indulgent knob, but programmable coffee machines have been around for years. 
  • Options
    *sigh

I know mate. It's meant to be a bit of light hearted fun.
  • Options
    edited February 24
    A bit closer to home, and congratulations Anthony, but should he be a Diversity officer, rather than a Diversionary officer, or is his role to genuinely send people the wrong way?

Edit; as pointed out below, it is actually a job title and a role that looks to divert...

Checking the club's website, the trust seem happy with the title...

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Title is correct

Andy Scott employs him to deflect criticism onto the managers we have sacked rather than on his own performance
  • Options
    A bit closer to home, and congratulations Anthony, but should he be a Diversity officer, rather than a Diversionary officer, or is his role to genuinely send people the wrong way?

From the NHS:

About liaison and diversion

Liaison and Diversion (L&D) services identify people who have mental health, learning disability, substance misuse or other vulnerabilities when they first come into contact with the criminal justice system as suspects, defendants or offenders.

The service can then support people through the early stages of criminal system pathway, refer them for appropriate health or social care or enable them to be diverted away from the criminal justice system into a more appropriate setting, if required.

L&D services aim to improve overall health outcomes for people and to support people in the reduction of re-offending. It also aims to identify vulnerabilities in people earlier on which reduces the likelihood that people will reach a crisis-point and helps to ensure the right support can be put in place from the start.

• Options
    Gillis said:

From the NHS:

About liaison and diversion

Liaison and Diversion (L&D) services identify people who have mental health, learning disability, substance misuse or other vulnerabilities when they first come into contact with the criminal justice system as suspects, defendants or offenders.

The service can then support people through the early stages of criminal system pathway, refer them for appropriate health or social care or enable them to be diverted away from the criminal justice system into a more appropriate setting, if required.

L&D services aim to improve overall health outcomes for people and to support people in the reduction of re-offending. It also aims to identify vulnerabilities in people earlier on which reduces the likelihood that people will reach a crisis-point and helps to ensure the right support can be put in place from the start.

fair enough...never heard it used in that context..