Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Relive the 2003/04 season for free from 15.00 today [28/03/20]

Fixture 16x9 1

Supporters can relive the memorable 2003/04 season for free on Saturday thanks to Valley Pass.

Last weekend, fans were treated to the entirety of the legendary 1998 play-off final against Sunderland and, while the coronavirus crisis continues to put football on hold, the club will provide free access to a different piece of premium content every Saturday at 3pm to fill the void.

This week, supporters can turn the clock back to the season which saw the Addicks secure their highest finish in the Premier League, securing a double victory over Liverpool, home and away, as well as victories over the likes of Chelsea and Tottenham Hotspur along the way.

You don’t need a Valley Pass subscription or a login to watch, just click on the link and watch the full feature-length, two-hour season review of the 2003/04 campaign, completely free of charge.

The video will be available for free from 3pm on Saturday in the below video player or on the club's YouTube page by clicking here.

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5e7e20a483d80/relive-the-200304-season-for-free-on-saturday

Comments

• Options
    Starts soon.
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    Or does it.

Mine is saying it contains Premier League content who have blocked it on copyright grounds.

Is it working for anyone else
  • Options
    same same problem for me....
  • Options
    Now changed on YouTube to been removed by the user
  • Options
    Apparently you can only watch it via the Facebook page, not via YouTube as initially said, to much hassle to tey and log into facebook on PS4 web browser lol

Oh well maybe next Saturday they can actually show something they can put on YouTube 
  • Options
    Shame, all on the sofa and was looking forward to watching that on the telly
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    Crap. Looking forward to it.
  • Options
    It’s available on Valley Pass and Facebook for all to watch.
    Usual nonsense with YouTube flagging up rights issue with Premier League content. We obviously have the rights to use it on our channel but was too late for the process to resolve itself in time for 3pm.
    If you head over to the story on the OS you can just click play on the video there and then and away you go: https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5e7e20a483d80/relive-the-200304-season-for-free-on-saturday

• Options
    edited March 2020
    It's working fine for me,try this link
    The video will be available for free from 3pm on Saturday in the below video player or on the club's Facebook page by clicking here.
    https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5e7e20a483d80/relive-the-200304-season-for-free-on-saturday
  • Options
    Cheers Olly, but not all gone sit watching an IPad for 2hrs.

Hopefully be on YouTube some point
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

• Options
    The preview on the O/S said Bartlett got a goal against Liverpool. Lisbie got a hattrick did he not?
  • Options
    pettgra said:
    The preview on the O/S said Bartlett got a goal against Liverpool. Lisbie got a hattrick did he not?
    Thinkricky_otto said:
    pettgra said:
    Think Bartlett’s was the winner at Anfield. 

pettgra said:
    Think Bartlett’s was the winner at Anfield. 

Bartlett’s was the winner at Anfield. 

I completely misread the article. Stupid me,
  • Options
    Wonder if the'll do a "Relive the take-over Saga" in a few years time.

Be a couple of episodes, filed under dark comedy
  • Options
    We are nailed on for a European spot! Just hope we keep our better players in Jan transfer window and a minnow doesn't get to the cup final...
  • Options
    Great to relive some of those games, particularly the 4-2 Chelsea win. What a difference Di Canio made to us that season. How many corner assists for a start...?
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    Loved that season, watching again, how good where we from set-pieces
    Sure we would have got champions league if we kept Parker
  • Options
    So gutted at the downturn after Christmas. Parker’s fault or reverting to type as per usual?

I’d forgotten how good Di Canio was for us!
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    So many striking option we had that season, cole, JJ, di canio, euell, Svensson, lisbie, Bartlett
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just finished watching it. What a cracking side we had. In almost every game we seemed to be in with a shout of getting something ...and some of the football we played was excellent. Forgot Johnnie Jackson scored against us for Spurs! I won't hold that against him though.
  • Options
    Had always thought all Di Canio's league goals were penalties but technically not with the rebound goal. 
  • Options
    how good was that season. Some fantastic technical ability in that team, so many set piece goals for us and hitting the woodwork at will! We’ll be that good again one day 😀
  • Options
    Didn’t young Lisbie get injured after his hat trick and never quite as good again
  • Options
    Watching that all but confirmed that Claus Jensen is my all time favourite Charlton player, what a class act he was.  Di Canio wasn’t bad either :smile:
  • Options
    Nicholas said:
    Watching that all but confirmed that Claus Jensen is my all time favourite Charlton player, what a class act he was.  Di Canio wasn’t bad either :smile:
    I agree, what a player, he made it look so easy. 
  • Options
    This was my first full season as a season ticket holder (I was 7/8 I think). 

I don't remember us scoring and being a threat from so many corners! Everytime Di Canio or Jensen put the ball in the box it looks like we're going to score. 

Of course my first season of supporting Charlton is going to be our best league finish in modern times raising my expectations to unrealistic levels and ensuring everything else that follows is a disappointment ;)    
  • Options
    Watching this made me realise a few things:

- At the time I didn't appreciate how much of a part Matt Holland played. Jensen, Parker etc got the plaudits, but Holland contributed more goals than I realised. 
    - Same for Carlton Cole. In my memory, he made a handful of appearances without any goals - but clearly that wasn't the case. 
    - Paolo Di Canio is the only player that can get close to Kermorgant in terms of individual skill in a striker we've seen in the last 20 years. 
  • Options
    What a season that was. Every time we stumbled in the league we made sure that we got a result or two back as quickly as possible to stop any kind of rot setting in. Curbs was a master at building teams that never let themselves get into a funk that could derail a season. Well, until the clocks went back, but by then we were always safe anyway and you could almost feel the players letting it go after a season of intense game to game focus. Loved that team. I wonder if that's our best ever transfer window; Holland, Hreidarsson, Di Canio, Cole, Perry and Thomas, all for a combined total of about £1,000,000.
    Also, I know we let Svensson go quite early in that season, but at the start of it we had seven strikers. Seven! Somewhere in Belgium Roland just broke out in a cold sweat thinking about all those extra resources. I loved that Curbs way of working though. We could never afford a proper 20 a season striker (until Bent came in off a penniless Ipswich) but we always managed with a rotating array of strikers who would pop up with enough goals to get us through. The highest scorer out of our strikers was Euell with 10. Then Bartlett with 5 and the rest with 4 each. Taken as individuals those aren't great tallies for strikers, but that's 31 goals amongst a rotating frontline, and that was a pretty good return for us.
  • Options
    What a season that was. Every time we stumbled in the league we made sure that we got a result or two back as quickly as possible to stop any kind of rot setting in. Curbs was a master at building teams that never let themselves get into a funk that could derail a season. Well, until the clocks went back, but by then we were always safe anyway and you could almost feel the players letting it go after a season of intense game to game focus. Loved that team. I wonder if that's our best ever transfer window; Holland, Hreidarsson, Di Canio, Cole, Perry and Thomas, all for a combined total of about £1,000,000.
    Also, I know we let Svensson go quite early in that season, but at the start of it we had seven strikers. Seven! Somewhere in Belgium Roland just broke out in a cold sweat thinking about all those extra resources. I loved that Curbs way of working though. We could never afford a proper 20 a season striker (until Bent came in off a penniless Ipswich) but we always managed with a rotating array of strikers who would pop up with enough goals to get us through. The highest scorer out of our strikers was Euell with 10. Then Bartlett with 5 and the rest with 4 each. Taken as individuals those aren't great tallies for strikers, but that's 31 goals amongst a rotating frontline, and that was a pretty good return for us.
    Wasn't really one transfer window. Hreidarsson signed late on in 02/03 and couldn't play until 03/04. Perry signed on loan after the season had started and became permanent a few months later. Thomas signed in the January window in 2004 but didn't really play until 04/05.

Can't imagine ever having seven first team strikers again.