Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Big Brother, not the TV show

2»

Comments

• Options
    The thing is, that  every time you go online or are speaking into a device where your voice/conversation can be heard and analysed then the games up, it really is Big Brother @i_b_b_b_o_r_g
  • Options
    I have never had facebook, never seen any reason to, but as time goes by there seems to be more and more reasons not to have facebook.
    The same goes for twitter.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    I have never had facebook, never seen any reason to, but as time goes by there seems to be more and more reasons not to have facebook.
    The same goes for twitter.
    Facebook is just a vehicle for them to shove the ads in front of you. I reckon they're eavesdropping regardless.

Genuinely think Facebook, among others, were invented for this, rather than the other way round. Ie they knew how to analyse your search habits, they just needed a way to stick the ads in front of you
  • Options
    I would think Alexa Mart, but we ain't got one and  neither has our 95 year old neighbour over 1 km down the road.

Although they have put these WIFI boxes outside every house and the locals ain't too happy about the new EDF "Linky" meters 

• Options
    Talking to someone through the laptop on Facebook messenger on Friday, about buying new chains for the chainsaw, now getting Facebook ads for chains and sharpening tools.

Definitely, 100% not Googled it...... 

I've done a fair bit of research in the past on Facebook pixels and website optimisation through Facebook, for my own and Mrs' website, but this does seem weird.

Thoughts?
    If you have Netflix - watch "The social dilemma"...it will explain all!
  • Options
    Fingerprinting, Iris recognition, Facial biometrics, Voice ID. What will they look at next?   Quiet at the back there!  
  • Options
    I would think Alexa Mart, but we ain't got one and  neither has our 95 year old neighbour over 1 km down the road.

Although they have put these WIFI boxes outside every house and the locals ain't too happy about the new EDF "Linky" meters 

Couldn't get me a couple of dozen heat pumps at $! Rob?

I'll split the profits here 50/50.