Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

End Of Season Simulation

To brighten the mood I am running an end of season simulation for all the football leagues. Charlton have just beaten QPR to push Middlesbrough into the relegation zone. Worth taking a look. I am on twitter with @trickysays. Youtube channel is 'the unofficial english football season' and my website is trickysays.com. Totally unofficial and just for fun. 

Comments

• Options
    just make sure that Charlton stays up ((:>) 
  • Options
    I see The Pools Panel know their stuff. They've marked our game against  Millwall down as an away win.
  • Options
    I see The Pools Panel know their stuff. They've marked our game against  Millwall down as an away win.
    What do you reckon then?
  • Options
    Numbers said:
    What do you reckon then?
    Reckon we might have scored 4
  • Options
    Numbers said:
    What do you reckon then?
    Reckon we might have scored 4
    And they would score 5 in the 93rd minute 😔
  • Options
    So far we lost 3-1 at Hull, then scored 4 to beat QPR 4-1. Anybody fancy doing match reports as I keep the simulations going? Great opportunity 'cos you can make things up - just like the supposed owners.
  • Options
    trickyf said:
    So far we lost 3-1 at Hull, then scored 4 to beat QPR 4-1. Anybody fancy doing match reports as I keep the simulations going? Great opportunity 'cos you can make things up - just like the supposed owners.
    How does this work?
  • Options
    Statistical modelling. Takes the relative merits of each team, gives probabilities of each result then applies a random number generation which is translated back to give the result. Nobody knows before a game what the result will be and it's the same with this. I'm going to run it to the end of the season and see how teams finish the season, completely unofficially of course, although if Charlton stay up we can ask for it to be applied for real!
  • Options
    I misread the title as end of season stimulation. I wouldn't have gone on this thread if I'd known.
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    trickyf said:
    Your simulation is broken. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Uboat said:
    trickyf said:
    Your simulation is broken. 
    You should be pleased!
  • Options
    I misread the title as end of season stimulation. I wouldn't have gone on this thread if I'd known.
    That does sound interesting but it would only have led to more disappointment.
  • Options
    Charlton 0 Millwall 0. That seems more like it. To brighten the mood I am carrying on with a simulation of the season to see if Charlton can get out of trouble.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2b_URDmFCr8 and the youtube channel is unofficial football.
  • Options
    Hey, Tricky ..... can't find any mention of our away game at Cardiff.

Any idea how we got on - I know we never scored, but any idea who missed that sitter, gave away Cardiff's penalty, etc?

Look forward to your match report.

Cheers,
    Oggy
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

Any idea how we got on - I know we never scored, but any idea who missed that sitter, gave away Cardiff's penalty, etc?

Cheers,
    Oggy
    I have no clue but to keep some people happy, hamed missed the sitter and sarr gave away the penalty 
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

Cheers,
    Oggy
    I have no clue but to keep some people happy, hamed missed the sitter and sarr gave away the penalty 
    The Hemed miss wouldn't have counted though as the lino had his flag up for offside. The penalty was one of those that wouldn't be given 9 times out of 10; the Cardiff striker made a meal of it. He fell on to some bread and cheese and made Welsh rarebit.
  • Options
    Lost 2-1 at Cardiff. A couple of dodgy goals against a quality Charlton strike scored by Gallagher. Yes, I refuse to accept that Chelsea would take him back and then farm him out to another Championship side. Perhaps they knew slightly more than the EFL. Next game at the weekend away to Brentford.