Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Could this be the end of The Championship as we know it ?

2»

Comments

• Options
    I think it deserves to fall apart. The examples above are evidence that it’s got so ridiculous and needs to snap at the base start again. No sympathy for clubs like Derby and Villa or any of the others making a mockery of the rules. The sad part is there might be some clubs genuinely doing their best to live within their means yet being shafted by the Derby County’s of this world. As far as I’m concerned no changes can be too drastic. I want to see clubs like Millwall have a fighting chance financially v Derby. Millwall are probably one of the best run clubs in any division at present yet because they won’t cheat they have an uphill battle in competing. I hate what football has become and I’ve said it before the sooner it financially implodes the better. There will be casualties which is terrible but for the long term good of football I hope it collapses and brings Sky Sports down with it.
    The sad part is until Two Shits sold us, we were one of those clubs... Wasn't very popular with us though was it? 
    Yup, those that said anything was better than Roland. 
  • Options
    I expect that there will be many much needed changes to all pro football. The least likely to be affected will be the Prem of course. There is a distinct possibility that there will be a breakaway Euro league and the rump of the Prem will be ringfenced with no promotion or relegation. I expect that the Euro league will be financed largely by Chinese and Middle East billionaires. I doubt the pay TV companies will continue to pay big & unsustainable fees to the Championship clubs, causing an even bigger income gap between the Prem and the Champ. They will spend their money on the very top clubs and leagues especially my mooted Euro League. I expect to see more 'regionalisation' in the lower leagues along the lines of the national leagues North & South. At present for example, you might have Plymouth travelling to Carlisle or Torquay to Gateshead for a Tuesday night game. That is a great way to waste money and tire out players who will be playing again in a a few days having probably already played on the previous Saturday. I expect to see more clubs turn semi pro. The overheads and overdrafts at too many small clubs are just ridiculous and depend on a sugar daddy to pay the bills. I expect to see fewer and fewer clubs run as the expensive hobby of a rich man who could walk away and leave the club in dire straits at any time After this pandemic shake out, there will be a lot less money to be spent on luxuries.
  • Options
    Just red that one of the "best run clubs in the championship" could be one of the biggest loosers.

Brentford could be close to ruin with 2 grounds and the collapse of the transfer market. Add in the main source of income for thier owner is sports betting they could be in real trouble. 
  • Options
    Apparently Nigels owe close to £50million to other clubs in transfer instalments for their signings. At least we don’t to worry about owing any clubs for transfers. 
  • Options
    Apparently Nigels owe close to £50million to other clubs in transfer instalments for their signings. At least we don’t to worry about owing any clubs for transfers. 
    outrageous !!relegate them at least 2 divisions!!
  • Options
    Where you read this from?.
  • Options
    Kieran Maguire on Twitter. Articles is in most of the main UK newspapers.
  • Options
    I'll wager that there are many Premier clubs in a similar position .. I'll also wager that they will all survive and that also goes for the majority of EFL clubs many of whom have already had more lives than the proverbial cat
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Derby pay Tom Ince’s Mum 700k per year as an academy scout? WTF.

i can see some Clubs fall by the wayside after Coronavirus. We could be one of them.
    That has to be a FFP violation, it couldn't be more blatant.
    It's not because academy expenditure doesn't count.  Hence the same club pay Wayne Rooney about half his salary to have a kick about with some u12s on a Thursday afternoon. 
    No they have deliberately done this to get round FFP rules, like Sheff W selling their ground and putting the money into the wrong year's accounts to deliberately get round the rules.
    I think it's pretty clear.