Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Amazon Prime quick bit of advice pleas

Amazon Prime have been taking £7.99 a month and £79 per year from my account for the past 3 years.

They are saying they can refund last year but not the past 3 years

Thats got to be bllx hasnt it??

Comments

• Amazon Prime have been taking £7.99 a month and £79 per year from my account for the past 3 years.

Have you not used the service at all?

Remember Prime is not just the TV service but also next day delivery...
  • yes but they have charged me twice for it, monthly and annually for 3 years
  • edited April 2020
    Amazon Prime have been taking £7.99 a month and £79 per year from my account for the past 3 years.

Have you not used the service at all?

Remember Prime is not just the TV service but also next day delivery...
    I'm sure it has been used - but this is double charging.  When they say "they can't" - what they mean of course is that they cannot give a monkey's and don't want to repay you.  Can I ask how you paid?  I guess on a credit card rather than a direct debit? The direct debit guarantee scheme gets you repaid for amounts taken in error.  What do their T&Cs say?

Okay I've looked the T&Cs say  "The Prime membership fee is non-refundable except as expressly set forth in these Terms."  But I can't see anywhere that there's anything about refunds for paying for the same service twice.  If their terms don't cover this scenario, I reckon they have an obligation.  You could challenge them on this, particularly if the double payment was their fault rather than yours and suggest that, in the circumstances, they might wish to consider making an ex gratia payment.
  • yes but they have charged me twice for it, monthly and annually for 3 years
    If you are paying twice they have to refund you... 
  • Cheers, as I thought

TAaaaaaaa
  • Does the direct debit guarantee to refund cover this ? Ask your bank
  • Amazon Prime have been taking £7.99 a month and £79 per year from my account for the past 3 years.

The support staff likely only have the option to refund one year. I don't think they are lying, just being stupid because they should be sending it for approval. 

You may need to raise it as a complaint but of course in the end you will get a full refund.