Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Stadium Announcer

edited April 2020 in General Charlton
With all of the previous seasons being shown on the clubs Facebook group and YouTube - its very nostalgic, especially for times better! 

But does anyone else miss
@BDL on the tannoy! 

So much enthusiasm and passion, and with no negativity to the current announcer - it never felt forced! 

If you weren’t pumped for a game, or looking forward to getting stuck in, Dave got your adrenaline going!

Comments

• Options
    I like Brian Cole, unnecessary to change imo
  • Options
    Charlton fans,
    you know what you've gotta do,
    you gotta get behind the boys
    you gotta make some noise
    COME ON YOU ADDICKS.
  • Options
    A decent sound system would help, most of what is said is indecipherable .
  • Options
    My mate Jason’s uncle Dick Neve will always be number one (no offence @BDL)
  • Options
    Let a different fan do it for each game.
  • Options
    Agreed, Brian is fine it's the terrible speakers in the East stand which are the problem. 
  • Options
    The best was Steve Dixon who did it for a short time in PL and subsequent Divsion  1 winning season. Always held the opposition with the correct respect but fully behind us. Always made sure we welcomed back all former players and staff
  • Options
    Let a different fan do it for each game.
    Trouble is you wouldn’t be able to reach the mic 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Agreed, Brian is fine it's the terrible speakers in the East stand which are the problem. 
    Don’t worry, the east stand will be closing soon. 
  • Options
    Don’t worry, the east stand will be closing soon. 
    Its got to reopen first!
  • Options
    My mate Jason’s uncle Dick Neve will always be number one (no offence @BDL)
    “Good afternoon ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls. Welcome to The Valley for this football league fixture versus ...”.  

At least that’s how I remember it. 
  • Options
    sammy391 said:
    With all of the previous seasons being shown on the clubs Facebook group and YouTube - its very nostalgic, especially for times better! 

But does anyone else miss
    @BDL on the tannoy! 

So much enthusiasm and passion, and with no negativity to the current announcer - it never felt forced! 

If you weren’t pumped for a game, or looking forward to getting stuck in, Dave got your adrenaline going!
    couldn't disagree more - brian cole much better and more natural
  • Options
    C_A_F_C said:
    Charlton fans,
    you know what you've gotta do,
    you gotta get behind the boys
    you gotta make some noise
    COME ON YOU ADDICKS.
    used to cringe at that
  • Options
    Neither Dave or Brian compare to Dave Berry doing the announcements
  • Options
    I always thought BDL did a great job and always think of him for the CHAMPIONS announcement back in 2012. 

• Options
    I think all of them have done a good job.
    There's not one who I can honestly say I didn't like. 
  • Options
    Who was that supposed “professional” bloke someone brought in? He was a shocker......
  • Options
    T_C_E said:
    Who was that supposed “professional” bloke someone brought in? He was a shocker......
    That was Dave Berry, he's a Charlton fan yet was doing Capital Radio at the time when we won League One
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2020
    T_C_E said:
    That was Dave Berry, he's a Charlton fan yet was doing Capital Radio at the time when we won League One

Well before that...... they brought someone in from Twickenham no affiliation with Charlton whatsoever.  
  • Options
    T_C_E said:
    T_C_E said:

Well before that...... they brought someone in from Twickenham no affiliation with Charlton whatsoever.  
    Was that in the Premiership? Remember being only 7 and thinking this is bad
  • Options
    T_C_E said:
    Pete from Warrington as @AFKABartram mentions higher up the thread. He was indeed awful but somehow epitomised Pardew's stint as manager so fitting at the same time.
  • Options
    T_C_E said:
    T_C_E said:

Oh god yeah - I remember him

Didnt he go off and become the Wembley annoucer?
  • Options
    Wasn't that Pete bloke the one who did the cringey "kick off is 5 minutes away" thing?
  • Options
    Pete managed to say things like “let’s hear it for the Addicks” like he’d never heard the word Addicks in his life 
  • Options
    Pete managed to say things like “let’s hear it for the Addicks” like he’d never heard the word Addicks in his life 
    It was only for a season wasn't it?
  • Options
    He was still miles better than the guy at palace though. "Be Loud, Be Proud, Be Palace". Cringe 
  • Options
    I enjoyed BDL's announcements but I enjoyed the Ask BDL thread even more (not sure Dave did by the end 😂).
  • Options
    UEAAddick said:
    It was only for a season wasn't it?
    And we were relegated at the end of it.

Coincidence? I think not...