Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CL footy team.......

Now all the hype from the charity match is over, what are the chances of organising a couple of games with other teams websites next season ?

Comments

• Options
    Out of interest, who would we play?
  • Options
    not sure mate, i heard a rumour that someone in Scunthorpe has purchased a new computer. all he needs now is an internet link and 10 mates .
  • Options
    Aint there a league on Saturday mornings for Internet run teams?
  • Options
    could be worth looking into. don't think i would be up for every week though !
  • Options
    This board has something like 550 members. Ergo, you need 1 in 50 lifers to play every week. I'm sure something could get sorted.

The other option is to look at local 5 a side leagues. Goals at Bexleyheath / Beckenham / Dartford. Power league at Catford. If people are interested theres always possibilities.
  • Options
    I'm very disillusioned with the Internet team.

We have let go players go and replaced them with untried nobodies who wouldn't get in the Dog and Duck 2nd XI. Why doesn't the manager spend some money and get some decent players in instead of trying to poach cast offs from Hilly's Up side.

There is no ambition and I can't see the team going anywhere for years.
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    I blame Mills
  • Options
    Danny or Andrew?
  • Options
    Coming late to this as I am moving house tomorrow and so have spent the day packing, but I used to run the Charlton Internet League side...we played for about 8 years and won the national championship in about 2003 and were IFA Cup runners up in 2001... Stopped this season as getting a team to turn out regularly(ish) became a nightmare and to be honest I couldn't be bothered to chase people up anymore... If you are interested, send me a whisper and I'll give you all the details... We used to get a kit from the club and be in the programme etc trying to drum up players, so I'm sure they'd get involved again....it just needs someone to organise it...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Charlton Charlie[/cite]Coming late to this as I am moving house tomorrow and so have spent the day packing, but I used to run the Charlton Internet League side...we played for about 8 years and won the national championship in about 2003 and were IFA Cup runners up in 2001... Stopped this season as getting a team to turn out regularly(ish) became a nightmare and to be honest I couldn't be bothered to chase people up anymore... If you are interested, send me a whisper and I'll give you all the details... We used to get a kit from the club and be in the programme etc trying to drum up players, so I'm sure they'd get involved again....it just needs someone to organise it...

I'm quite happy to run a 5 a side team at Goals, either Bexleyheath or Dartford. But I wouldn't have the 1st idea of how to run an 11 a side team.
  • Options
    Cunning - there's a Les Reed book available that'll help ya! :o)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]I'm very disillusioned with the Internet team.

We have let go players go and replaced them with untried nobodies who wouldn't get in the Dog and Duck 2nd XI. Why doesn't the manager spend some money and get some decent players in instead of trying to poach cast offs from Hilly's Up side.

There is no ambition and I can't see the team going anywhere for years.

Cast off's from Hillsy's up side....I'm confused by the comment!! I have my hands full running my team....Don't think I have ever supplied cast off to anyone. I just kick them out!"!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Charlton Charlie[/cite]Coming late to this as I am moving house tomorrow and so have spent the day packing, but I used to run the Charlton Internet League side...we played for about 8 years and won the national championship in about 2003 and were IFA Cup runners up in 2001... Stopped this season as getting a team to turn out regularly(ish) became a nightmare and to be honest I couldn't be bothered to chase people up anymore... If you are interested, send me a whisper and I'll give you all the details... We used to get a kit from the club and be in the programme etc trying to drum up players, so I'm sure they'd get involved again....it just needs someone to organise it...

You did in fact run it and run it very well you did. But who was the greatest ever manager ?
  • Options
    Gotta say Riscardo you were defo the greatest ever linesman....!
  • Options
    ...and of course the most astute manager....who was manager when we won worldnet....funny how that coincided with the first year I didn't make it up to Leeds.....
  • Options
    Wish i hadn't asked now, just fancied another game !!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Glass half empty[/cite]Wish i hadn't asked now, just fancied another game !!!

Could try and get a 5 a side team going?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: iansarge[/cite]Gotta say Riscardo you were defo the greatest ever linesman....!

Well thats what the Nigels do to me .....
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: cunningstunt87[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Glass half empty[/cite]Wish i hadn't asked now, just fancied another game !!![/quote]

Could try and get a 5 a side team going?[/quote]

Cunning, i'm not built for 5 aside !!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Glass half empty[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: cunningstunt87[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Glass half empty[/cite]Wish i hadn't asked now, just fancied another game !!!

Could try and get a 5 a side team going?

Cunning, i'm not built for 5 aside !!!

5 a sides easy. Less movement involved than 11 a side.