Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Upside of Lockdown

2»

Comments

• Options
    Every morning my wife and I discuss what place we should visit today then decide to stay in!
    The wife & I are exactly the same. Today we are not going to Herne Bay.
    I didn’t go there last week. 
  • Options
    getting lots of stuff organised that I never realised needed organising .. sorting out muddles that never looked muddled .. making contact with people who I'd forgotten about and who had forgotten me .. re-reading books slowly and appreciating them more than the 1st time round .. watching some TV programmes that I would not have bothered with pre- corona .. slowing right down and relaxing as slow as I have ever been and more relaxed than I ever was before .. coming to terms with a situation that I can do zero about
    Ditto, Lincs.

I'm so laid back , for a change, that Mr F is starting to miss me nagging ! 
  • Options
    Really got to know my 3 dogs
    Starting my eighth week without our JJ it’s starting to affect me now, I thought it was nearer 12 weeks for a start. 😂Their exercise and training all helps me with a routine I have mapped out daily for my own mental health and while having the puppy fills some of the gaps being a baby I’m limited to how much time he can be exercised/trained. Sitting down at 3pm with nowt but tv isn’t good...... 
    @Dazzler21 try separating yourselves from your dog for an hour a night, we do it after their evening meal puppy goes to his bed, the others are spread around the house with the exception of the lounge where the door is shut. It gives us and them some alone time. 
  • Options
    thenewbie said:
    My little boy has just turned 18 months old and really truly getting to see how much he's changing and growing has been a real gift. 

Now if only I could find the button to turn his power off over night...

Positives from negatives.
  • Options
    T_C_E said:
    Every morning my wife and I discuss what place we should visit today then decide to stay in!
    The wife & I are exactly the same. Today we are not going to Herne Bay.
    I didn’t go there last week. 

Wife or Herne Bay?
  • Options
    Saving money for me. Pubs/Shots/Taxis really aren't all centrepiece of a fun night. 

I would imagine most City workers are in a good situation with savings from full pay work? 
  • Options
    I have a small pedestrian area near me which is inundated with takeaways,normally over run with gangs of kids chucking empty coke bottles and discarded food wrappings everywhere,so nice to see it so tidy.
    I started learning Russian some years ago in preparation of my son marrying a russian lady and the prospect of meeting her relations in her home country,did quite well but let it go,will now resume and see how far I can get.(It is not easy at 76 years old).
    Also can definately recommend learning a musical instrument,even learning some basic chords on a guitar will be very satisfying for a beginner.
  • Sponsored links: