Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Who plays/played here? Groundsharing allowed

Comments

• Options
    The first time I completed the 92 was in '94, fortunately I ticked these off before redevelopment of grounds as we know them now.

In no particular order my favourites would have been Goodison, Hillsborough, Highbury, Maine Road, Fratton Park, Roker Park and Burnden Park.
  • Options
    The first time I completed the 92 was in '94, fortunately I ticked these off before redevelopment of grounds as we know them now.

In no particular order my favourites would have been Goodison, Hillsborough, Highbury, Maine Road, Fratton Park, Roker Park and Burnden Park.
    Nowhere near as many grounds as you, but favourite "old school" grounds not dissimilar:- Goodison, White Hart Lane, Highbury, Upton Park, Baseball Ground, Maine Road, Hillsborough and The Dell.

Least favourite (even worse than the Den and Selhurst) was Vicarage Road (low rake of the terracing and silent home fans). 

• Options

Nowhere near as many grounds as you, but favourite "old school" grounds not dissimilar:- Goodison, White Hart Lane, Highbury, Upton Park, Baseball Ground, Maine Road, Hillsborough and The Dell.

Least favourite (even worse than the Den and Selhurst) was Vicarage Road (low rake of the terracing and silent home fans). 

Agreed with Watford, non descript town as well.

Tbf even in the 80's their fans were a friendly bunch so at least there were not the worries of getting a smack in the face.
  • Options
    Thanks Elfs. I've now caught up on the previous pages! Excellent photos and brings back some great away day memories. 
  • Options
    Simonsen said:
    Thanks Elfs. I've now caught up on the previous pages! Excellent photos and brings back some great away day memories. 
    @SporadicAddick and @Lordflashheart are the fellas for pics and answers.
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    I liked all of the London grounds, although oddly Highbury was the one that was probably least favourite (no reason...just one those things). 

My other 80's favourites were Newcastle, Manchester City, Derby County, Sheffield Utd, Sheffield Weds, Shrewsbury, Barnsley. 

Agree about Watford but started to stand in the home end after a while and that was a much better view!

Picking up on the Watford nice fans thing; I believe my old mate Martin Bailey got chased through Watford town centre by some herberts. According to credible witnesses, he resorted to running into a motorbike showroom and came out brandishing a motor-bike helmet as a defensive weapon! 
  • Options
    Simonsen said:
    I liked all of the London grounds, although oddly Highbury was the one that was probably least favourite (no reason...just one those things). 

My other 80's favourites were Newcastle, Manchester City, Derby County, Sheffield Utd, Sheffield Weds, Shrewsbury, Barnsley. 

Agree about Watford but started to stand in the home end after a while and that was a much better view!

Picking up on the Watford nice fans thing; I believe my old mate Martin Bailey got chased through Watford town centre by some herberts. According to credible witnesses, he resorted to running into a motorbike showroom and came out brandishing a motor-bike helmet as a defensive weapon! 
    Newcastle was scary, although a nice ground in the day.
  • Options

You have named a couple of my favourites there: Maine Road & Roker Park. Upton Park and Villa Park are also in my list. Used to love Villa Park when it looked like this.

• Options

• Options

You have named a couple of my favourites there: Maine Road & Roker Park. Upton Park and Villa Park are also in my list. Used to love Villa Park when it looked like this.

A better picture focusing on the Holte End, one of the best terraces in the country.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    This was published the other week, recommended (pic from twitter, I didn’t buy 3 copies)

• Options

A better picture focusing on the Holte End, one of the best terraces in the country.
    That picture is taken from the Holte End.
  • Options

Annoyingly having to work today, so not able to partake like yesterday - however just made myself a lovely ham, cheese and pickle sandwich and decided to throw another ground into the mix - any takers ??
  • Options
    iaitch said:

That picture is taken from the Holte End.
    Correct.
  • Options

Annoyingly having to work today, so not able to partake like yesterday - however just made myself a lovely ham, cheese and pickle sandwich and decided to throw another ground into the mix - any takers ??
    Hartlepool.
  • Options

Hartlepool.
    Blimey - I even scrubbed out the adverts that gave it away

I will make you an honorary Monkey Hanger for that
  • Options

Chester?
  • Options

Hartlepool.

A cracking day out.  Does it give me free beer?
  • Options

Hartlepool.

A cracking day out.  Does it give me free beer?
    Feel free to visit your fridge 🤪
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hull
  • Options
    Ah actually Scunthorpe on reflection 
  • Options
    Very good - what is the significance of this stand though ??
  • Options
    Macclesfield.
  • Options
    It’s the old Scunthorpe ground. First cantilever stand in England ‘58 
  • Options
    It’s the old Scunthorpe ground. First cantilever stand in England ‘58 
    First class - now sadly a Sainsbury supermarket
  • Options
    The ground of @MrWalker is a beauty, a shame I don't even know what continent it is on even!
  • Options
    The ground of @MrWalker is a beauty, a shame I don't even know what continent it is on even!
    Yes does look good. I've no idea where it is but I would guess at south America or the Caribbean.

• Options
    edited April 2020
    bobmunro said:
    Yes does look good. I've no idea where it is but I would guess at south America or the Caribbean.

South America is correct. The back drop is a massive clue to which country. 
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

South America is correct.
    Carry on, whose ground is it?