Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

QUIZ

2»

Comments

• Options
    I never really followed this story in depth at the time but I found it hard to believe they would be found guilty if the tv programme accurately reflects what happened in court.
    Apparently it was set up and filmed to make it strongly weighted in the defence view.

I can see why people would think they were innocent.
    Basically only showed the defence, as well as scenes between the Ingrams where it was shown him asking her if she knew anything etc.

When in real life I'd be very sure those conversations were more along "Oh, f**k, they know!  What do we say?" lines.
  • Options
    Michael Sheen is a brilliant actor. How many others could successfully portray the likes of Tony Blair, Brian Clough and Chris Tarrant?
    Michael Sheen is a brilliant actor. How many others could successfully portray the likes of Tony Blair, Brian Clough and Chris Tarrant?

Also David Frost .. tricky, because as a tv/film actor he is more like a Mike Yarwood, a brilliant impersonator, and he plays those roles superbly. Be nice to see him not necessarily playing himself, but playing a fictitious person rather than a 'real' one .. I am sure he has played many other roles, but I have not seen one .. I hope to see more of him soon
    He was good in Passengers, playing the half man half robot barman.

Also very good in the recent-ish version of Far From the Madding Crowd.
  • Options
    This is the best C-19 quiz by a mile

Yashin, 

matteaus, maldini, john Charles, 

gazza, George best, adebi  pele

puskas euesbio pele maradona

• Options
    Good until the last episode, which is a common theme of TV dramas these days 
  • Options

Also David Frost .. tricky, because as a tv/film actor he is more like a Mike Yarwood, a brilliant impersonator, and he plays those roles superbly. Be nice to see him not necessarily playing himself, but playing a fictitious person rather than a 'real' one .. I am sure he has played many other roles, but I have not seen one .. I hope to see more of him soon

Good Omens
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    Watched it last night.

Enjoyable and we'll acted.

It's a TV show so it needs tension and drama hence the ambiguity over their guilt.

They were bang to rights.

Of course they are "preparing" to appeal.   As long as they carry on "preparing" they make it seem like there is any doubt and more importantly can sell their notoriety.
  • Options

Yashin, 

I think you might be on the worng "Quiz" thread?
  • Options
    edited April 2020

Yashin, 

If only he had used his 50/50 option.
  • Options
    edited April 2020

Yashin, 

If only he had used his 50/50 option.
    I was also thinking that this is one hell of a team. Then I realised why - he has 13 players!

Edit - I can't count!
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

Good Omens
    of course .. I watched just one episode of that, and that was one too many lol 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    stonemuse said:

Good Omens
    of course .. I watched just one episode of that, and that was one too many lol 
    I thought it was great but I am a big Neil Gaiman fan 
  • Options
    If you hear the term “Backside 1080” what sport are we talking about?
  • Options
    If you hear the term “Backside 1080” what sport are we talking about?
    I’ll go 50/50
    Frying eggs or Snowboarding 
    <two coughs>
    I’ll go for snowboarding 
    Final answer: snowboarding
  • Options
    Frying eggs would have been a great answer but the answer is snowboarding.

Zoe Sadowski-Sinnott is a 20 year old from Wanaka and had been working on the move for several months before taking it to the X Games in Aspen where it earned her a second gold medal.

In a weeks time she will be on the way to China for the Winter Olympics.
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Frying eggs would have been a great answer but the answer is snowboarding.

Zoe Sadowski-Sinnott is a 20 year old from Wanaka and had been working on the move for several months before taking it to the X Games in Aspen where it earned her a second gold medal.

In a weeks time she will be on the way to China for the Winter Olympics.
    Same place that @DaveMehmet is from.
  • Options
    What % of men passengers in first class survived the Titanic disaster?

What % of women in third class survived?
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    What % of men passengers in first class survived the Titanic disaster?

What % of women in third class survived?

100%
      0%
  • Options

• Options
    Very definitive (and interesting) thanks MrOneLung
  • Options
    I can be found in prison but I never appear in court, unless there’s more than one.  What am I?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    S
  • Options
    I can be found in prison but I never appear in court, unless there’s more than one.  What am I?
    The Kray twins
  • Options
    Very good Dave but cfgs wins the money
  • Options
    here's an interesting, for me anyhow, non sporting quiz from Auntie BB .. The mind-boggling time quiz - BBC Bitesize
  • Options
    There are the inevitable quiz questions in publications struggling to fill their pages over New Year.  One quite interesting one:

There are 20 clubs in football’s English Premier League.  What percentage of the almost 600 players in their combined squads are English/England-qualified?

a). 15
    b). 35
    c). 55
    d). 75
    e). 95
  • Options
    There are the inevitable quiz questions in publications struggling to fill their pages over New Year.  One quite interesting one:

There are 20 clubs in football’s English Premier League.  What percentage of the almost 600 players in their combined squads are English/England-qualified?

a). 15
    b). 35
    c). 55
    d). 75
    e). 95
    I'd go with C as a guess 🤷‍♂️
  • Options
    Not a bad guess Randy but the answer is b) 35%