Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rate that queue!

So which supermarket’s queue is best?

I’ll start.

I was impressed yesterday with the queue at Tesco in Welling. 8/10.

Comments

• Always good at Sainsbury’s locksbottom.
  • iainment said:

I’ll start.

At the risk of encouraging you on a boring subject, why was the queue impressive. Nice straight line and evenly spaced with the people queuing smartly dressed? And what would a 10/10 queue look like? I’d go for no queue as 10/10.
  • I thought this was going to be about braiding hair (storms off in a huff as the queue is too short)
  • edited April 2020
    Morrisons, Liskeard.  9/10. Very friendly security guard, everyone calm, looked long but moved fairly quickly with a 15-20 minute turnaround.  A wall to lean on, lots of trees and next to the entry road so passing cars and passengers to look at for entertainment as they see the queue and do u-turns back out of the car park.

Queues for check out not so good.  6/10. Lots of confusion and if the check out you are waiting for has a problem, you are fucked, no turning back.
  • Sainsbury’s Crayford - 8/10

Nice snake around the ocean sized car park. Guards every 20 metres or so telling people where to go. Social distancing being observed and fairly continuous movement. Loses points for having to go across car lanes. 
  • Morrisons, Liskeard.  9/10. Very friendly security guard, everyone calm, looked long but moved fairly quickly with a 15-20 minute turnaround.  A wall to lean on, lots of trees and next to the entry road so passing cars and passengers to look at for entertainment as they see the queue and do u-turns back out of the car park.

Queues for check out not so good.  6/10. Lots of confusion and if the check out you are waiting for has a problem, you are fucked, no turning back.
    Should a gone to tragic mills!!!
  • Trago 🤔
    love Trago Mills. 
  • Sponsored links:

• All queues in Bexhill, Lidl, Sainsbury’s, Tesco and M &S all well managed and social distancing observed well from my experiences.
  • Sidcup Morrisons isn't too bad
    7/10
  • Aldi Rushden, bloody shambles 1/10. 
  • Morrisons, Liskeard.  9/10. Very friendly security guard, everyone calm, looked long but moved fairly quickly with a 15-20 minute turnaround.  A wall to lean on, lots of trees and next to the entry road so passing cars and passengers to look at for entertainment as they see the queue and do u-turns back out of the car park.

Should a gone to tragic mills!!!
    Managed to avoid that surreal dystopian experience for a couple of years now!
  • Trago 🤔
    love Trago Mills. 
    The Prisoner TV Show  History  Portmeirion Village
  • Not their fault, but have to mark Tesco near Brent Cross down as it was raining and the shelter only covered half the queue!
  • Stay away from Tesco Woolwich, its grim. Never seen a queue and its relatively busy.

Till staff are quick though.
  • Used Sainsbury’s Charlton this morning.  Joined the queue just after the car park entrance. It goes up to Bugsby’s Way, a long and then down to the store.  30 minutes queuing, the staff and security are great, having trolleys ready for you.  Once in, I used the scan gun to avoid the tills at the end.  All simple.  Only thing I still can’t get is flour, plenty of everything else. 

One downside, one dopey twat who decided that distancing didn’t apply to him.  
  • Been to Asda / Morrisons / Tesco in Strood since lockdown

Asda (not a superstore) is by far the best, no more than 20min queues yet yesterday had couples queuing together both ahead and behind me, whilst the ones behind didnt know social distancing

Then had a twat in store who was on the phone and didnt keep his distance at all - Was a bit of a challenge to get my items as he kept walking backwards and forwards down the one aisle so almost had to use other aisles to dodge round him so I kept far enough from him

Morrisons wasnt much better... Two twats together with their own trolleys, blocking the aisle - See me coming, one moves to one side, the second moves to the other side rather than being sensible
  • Sponsored links:

• iainment said:

I’ll start.

I was there yesterday, definitely an 8 
  • Asda Belvedere, 8/10. Was moving nicely for the first 5 minutes then got stuck so took a picture.

• LIDL Footscray coz there ain't one - went yesterday morning - same time at morrisons sidcup week before and took an hour - although good bit of banter with bloke in front and bloke behind who was wearing a millwall shirt
  • DOUCHER said:
    LIDL Footscray coz there ain't one - went yesterday morning - same time at morrisons sidcup week before and took an hour - although good bit of banter with bloke in front and bloke behind who was wearing a millwall shirt
    Hope you stood more than 2m from them.
  • DOUCHER said:
    LIDL Footscray coz there ain't one - went yesterday morning - same time at morrisons sidcup week before and took an hour - although good bit of banter with bloke in front and bloke behind who was wearing a millwall shirt
    Hope you stood more than 2m from them.
    of course
  • Sainsbury's in Nantwich - last went on Thursday around midday. Only a couple of people in front of me in the queue, one in one out system so waited 5 minutes. It's a vast store but I doubt there were more than 30 customers in there at any one time.
    All customers strictly observing social distancing, staff friendly and helpfull, and most shelves were full - even dried pasta and rice, and bog rolls!

Can't fault them 10/10

M&S Simply Food - Nantwich - much smaller store, had to wait 15 minutes in the queue and again one out one in system. Seemed like 10 customers max at a time, all keeping their distance. Pretty much everything in stock and again the staff were superb.

Another 10/10

I went out of my way to personally thank every member of staff I engaged with - doesn't cost anything but I got the impression that being held in respect for what they are doing meant something to them.
    All in the food distribution and supply chain are doing a wonderful job, we should all be showing our appreciation.

• 24 hrs and no has posted this yet.
  • bobmunro said:

I went out of my way to personally thank every member of staff I engaged with - doesn't cost anything but I got the impression that being held in respect for what they are doing meant something to them.
    All in the food distribution and supply chain are doing a wonderful job, we should all be showing our appreciation.
    I have been thanked three times by customers since lockdown began at the store I work in regarding the situation we find ourselves in.  Sadly they are outnumbered by the number of people who believe they should be allowed more than the ration limits at the time, or the ones that don't appreciate that we are left with one member of staff in the Post Office and they can't work 9-5.30 6 days a week with no breaks!

Your kind words to staff are appreciated and will be remembered by them.