Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Corona - Trips you can no longer do

I had a pretty packed International travel year planned . Virtually all gone to sh@t

This week was due to be fishing Abbey lakes in France with my pals for the week - Postponed for a year 

June - wedding in California and Oregon road trip with my number 2 son -cancelled

August - week in Norway - notionally still on

September - Business trip to Mexico - cancelled

Anyone else missing out ?

Comments

• Options
    Stag do in Benidorm next weekend....which I'm pleased about! 
  • Options
    Aye, got Centre PARC's, Disneyland Paris and Greece all just waiting to be cancelled. And I was having a 40th bash as well. That's a no then. I'll just sit in the garden instead. I realise the bigger picture, but it does suck somewhat
  • Options
    Got a cottage holiday down in Cornwall in June that hasnt been cancelled yet - Nothing else booked
  • Options
    Not been beyond the front gate for over 6 weeks now, so anything a bonus this year tbh
  • Options
    Not been beyond the front gate for over 6 weeks now, so anything a bonus this year tbh

Hope you’re coping mate and that isolation hasn’t sent you totally feral.
  • Options
    Holiday in June is in doubt now, I can live without that but it’s the normal things I miss. Pub drinks at work, a walk around a garden nursery, having a night out with friends at a restaurant or trip over to see my mother who I haven’t seen for weeks. 
  • Options
    Vegas in August.

I can cancel the hotel without charge but flights already booked. Unlikely to go ahead.
  • Options
    EuroDisney with the kids in May, south of France in August with the whole family and Lapland in December

Disney is postponed and at the moment pushed back to Oct half term
    South of France is cancelled and replaced with Cornwall for 2 weeks, France actually has just been postponed until next summer
    No idea on Lapland yet, too early to consider

luckily the kids had no idea we'd booked Disney !
  • Options
    Business trip to India.
    Business trip to USA.
    Holiday in Dorset (although the company have allowed us to re-book for next year)
    Holiday somewhere in Europe (unbooked, thankfully)
    Next planned trip now is a business trip to India, Thailand, Philippines and Singapore in November. I can't see any (reliable) international travel before then.
  • Options
    Jersey at Easter, Center Parcs in May, Benidorm tomorrow. We've got 2 weeks booked in France in August which is very unlikely to go ahead too. I'll also be surprised if The Goodwood Revival goes ahead in September, which is another weekend away.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Taking my son and wife to England for the fist time, including trips to The Lakes, Blackpool and Brighton.

Was supposed to be flying out on the 5th of May for 3 weeks, we had to cancel the trip around a month ago when the airline was offering full refunds, I was unsure if it was the right choice at the time, now I know it was. Life in the UK won't be back to normal in May and it's still impossible to apply for UK visa's atm.
  • Options
    Was on the verge of booking a family holiday to Corfu in July. Fortunately we didn’t get any further than that. 
  • Options
    Business trip Dubai
    Business trip Cyprus
    Combined business and leisure Paris
    Holiday Bali & Singapore

Still vaguely hopeful for a Lanzarote holiday in September but who knows. 
  • Options
    Yep

Cyprus next month cancelled 
    Croatia in July cancelled 
    Prague in November cancelled 
    Track day next month cancelled 

I'm sure I'll get to do all of them again but I'd rather not think about any of that until every trace of this illness has been vamoosed 
  • Options
    few trips around England based on Charlton games .. was planning a trip to Minnesota (not booked nor paid for) in August .. lost a bit of money on hotel bookings but saved a lot on petrol and eating out ((:>) .. nothing planned now until the 'all clear'
  • Options
    Dublin Away with England (if they won the group) - Euro's
    Rome Away with England (if they got to the quater final) - Euro's
    Prague Stag
    Magaluf Stag
    2 Weeks in Spain
    1 Week in Villarmoura 
    Week in Dublin with work
    Week in Milan with work
  • Options
    May holiday to Mexico cancelled.

From a football point of view Cardiff was cancelled, and would have gone to Brum and Leeds, and maybe stayed in York for the weekend for the latter. Then as it's summer, would probably have popped down to Canterbury or Tunbridge Wells for the cricket. And started walking the Chiltern Way...
  • Options
    Munich Oktoberfest has been cancelled. It was to have been my first visit since 1980.
  • Options
    Had hoped to visit my youngest daughter in Switzerland this week.

Not sure when we will be able to physically see her again as apparently she cannot come here either.
  • Options
    Mrs sunbury birthday today - we should be in Dubrovnik :(
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What a cheerful thread in easy times.

March holiday cancelled but fingers crossed for my October one. Loads of stuff domestically cancelled as well.
  • Options
    I was planning on a trip to b&q over the weekend........
  • Options
    Hong Kong and the Philippines at Easter - managed to get pretty much all of it refunded thankfully, although one of the airlines is saying it'll take up to 4 months or longer) to get my refund and I'm worried they'll go under in that time.

Absolutely gutted to miss out on the Philippines
  • Options
    May
    a cousins wedding in murcia - rescheduled for 2021
    a freinds wedding in cyprus -  rescheduled for 2021
    June
    had tickets to all englands euro games - rescheduled for 2021
    july 
    meant to be going to the king george at ascot with a big group for my 30th which i cannot see happening now  
    have booked to go out to nice for 5 days as other halfs parents have an apartment there - do not have high hopes. 

• Options
    edited April 2020
    holyjo said:
    I had a pretty packed International travel year planned . Virtually all gone to sh@t

Anyone else missing out ?
    Yeah, I want to see my GF. She's in Marseille and I'm in Cornwall. 

• Options
    edited April 2020
    14 of us meant to be going Dublin for my stag do in May. 

Had tickets for all England matches at the Euros.
  • Options
    Trip to New England in September probably not going to happen. Still have 2k to pay, which I’ll have to to protect any insurance claim.
    Great year.
  • Options
    I was planning on a trip to b&q over the weekend........
    nothing to stop you, order on line and collect at store ….