Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

streamed Charlton games

A question for us all to think about, given the following two assumptions, first that for the foreseeable future football will be played behind locked turnstiles, and second that Charlton are around to play league football.
1 would you watch a streamed game of Charlton home and away.
2 would you do so if yoy knew that you could watch a high profile Premiership game on Sky or Bt.
3 What would you consider a fair price to pay for a streamed Charlton game home and away.
My answer is I am not certain I would.

Comments

• Number 1 and £10. 

I am a Charlton fan if those idiots finish the club I will give up on football. You Can change your friends you can even change your family but you can never change your football team. 

Personally, think we are still some way from any football. 
  • Always and everyways I would watch Charlton before any alternative however high or low the profile of the game.
    When the sky buttonholers enthusiastically try to sell you a package that 'has the football', they don't realise that for some it is what football, not any football.
    A fair price is £10 a pop with no adverts, no commentators or pundits, and ambient sound.
  • £5 for ST holders and £10 for anyone else.
  • Really surprised this question is being asked and by a longstanding Charlton fan who I personally know.
  • Really surprised this question is being asked and by a longstanding Charlton fan who I personally know.
    Why?
  • Not even bothered about watching a premier league when we're not on. 
    £5 is what "overseas" people are charged on VP, given the circumstances I think that price should be for all. 
  • msomerton said:
    A question for us all to think about, given the following two assumptions, first that for the foreseeable future football will be played behind locked turnstiles, and second that Charlton are around to play league football.
    1 would you watch a streamed game of Charlton home and away.
    2 would you do so if yoy knew that you could watch a high profile Premiership game on Sky or Bt.
    3 What would you consider a fair price to pay for a streamed Charlton game home and away.
    My answer is I am not certain I would.
    Sorry then why are you are Charlton fan

If you could choose between watching a Charlton game live or a premier league game live and your not sure which one you would pick then you may as well just become a plastic Premier league fan 
  • edited April 2020
    Chizz said:
    Really surprised this question is being asked and by a longstanding Charlton fan who I personally know.
    Why?
    Chizz, please please please stop questioning people. If you’re interested in the original question, just bloody answer it.

for me, 1 & 2 are a simple yes.

3. Probably a tenna though I’ve paid more for a pint before so I imagine I’d pay more than that, when faced with the decision at the time.
  • 100% always Charlton for me
  • Sponsored links:

• I would watch a streamed Charlton game if its away, if its a home game then I'd hope to be there

I wont stay home if a League game is on TV etc. if I've paid then I might as well be there

What I consider fair to pay for a streamed game is a similar price to what people pay to go and watch a game live

In all honesty part of me doesn't like the fact you can get all 46 Charlton games for £110 per season on iFollow - Yes I know the person abroad has to factor in the extra cost of travel accommodation

But at the same time feel there is too much difference between that and what a season ticket holder has to pay for half those games (Although if one were to change I feel its the price of going to games that should come down)
  • I've been paying a fiver to watch Saturday games all season. I could watch a Premier League game at the same time for nothing but why would I want to?

• I would watch a streamed Charlton game if its away, if its a home game then I'd hope to be there

I wont stay home if a League game is on TV etc. if I've paid then I might as well be there

What I consider fair to pay for a streamed game is a similar price to what people pay to go and watch a game live

In all honesty part of me doesn't like the fact you can get all 46 Charlton games for £110 per season on iFollow - Yes I know the person abroad has to factor in the extra cost of travel accommodation

But at the same time feel there is too much difference between that and what a season ticket holder has to pay for half those games (Although if one were to change I feel its the price of going to games that should come down)

Totally agree if I can be there I will be, but don’t think we will have a choice for a while. 

It’s going to leave them in a awkward position though as they will start a precedent. 

I can see the Premier League becoming like Spain where every game is at a different time so it can be shown live. 

for Charlton I want to be at the game, but If social distancing prevents attendance I want at the least to be able to watch it.

if all was normal we would have played our last hone game yesterday! 
  • Number 1 and £10. 

I am a Charlton fan if those idiots finish the club I will give up on football. You Can change your friends you can even change your family but you can never change your football team. 

I am afraid that you are incorrect slightly. Yes I will always like Charlton, but since all seater stadiums and the unrealistic wages have been introduced, would rather go to Welling.
    Bought a half season ticket this year, but still get a better buzz watching Welling than Charlton.
    Just a genuine honest response
    The play off final was a great day out, but never hit home half as much as the previous one.
  • Number 1 and £10. 

In answer to the above

I think he was talking about during lockdown
    Yes Bollox holder, but I find watching or listening to Charlton games at home now a nerve wracking and unsatisfying substitute to being there, Part of a being a fan is the day out  thing home and away, also sharing the emotional ups and downs of the game with the crowd not isolated in ones home. To others these questions are about football and Charlton during social distancing, I find it hard to believe that if the 2020/21 seasons starts it will not be behind closed doors, it could be 12 months or so before large gatherings are allowed if the experts are correct and there will be more large scale waves of this covid19. 
    Interesting that people think £10 is about wright, the knock effect of that is a major loss of revenue for the club, not as bad as not having any thing but I wonder if the club could run on that income,
  • I'm a Charlton fan.
    Would I rather watch Charlton on a stream than a Premier League game, yes it's not even in doubt.
    I’d rather watch Charlton training than watch that hype.
  • From a contractual point of view, it would be really difficult to justify clubs charging season ticket holders to stream home matches, seeing that we've paid for them already...
  • Would always watch the Charlton stream provided we’re competitive, £10 absolute max. But, if this season is played to a finish, we are so relegated and, once that is more or less certain, I wouldn’t part with my money.
  • Sponsored links:

• As a senior NHS Manager and season ticket holder, I am 100% opposed to the idea of the EFL restarting the season behind closed doors. Morally it is appalling and we all know the sole reason for putting the footballing world at risk of dying is MONEY. In the event away matches are streamed, yes I will pay to watch. For a home match, no, I won’t pay as I have paid already. I will probably turn up at the ground in protest - I feel that strongly about it.
  • Charlton every time. I have no interest in watching other games other than something that may affect us. I live 5 minutes from Carrie Road and often get the chance for a free game. Don't go as the one time I went I found it really odd and almost felt I was being unfaithful! No Charlton, no football for me. I would pay ten for a steaming game.
  • I’d choose the Charlton fixture unless it was a  game near the end of the season and we were safe and had nothing to play for and the scum or palace could get relegated I’d watch their fixture .

the price would have to be around £10 which would be a result for households of more than 1 fan and not so much if you’re on your own .