Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Laptop Help

2»

Comments

• Options
    aliwibble said:
    Have you tried installing Malwarebytes, and running a scan to see what it says?
    +1 for this post. Malwarebytes has saved my arse so many times. 
  • Options
    We bought my son a Thinkpad recently. It is compact and doesn't have a DVD drive, but it is basically a laptop not a compromise. Well built and nice keyboard.
  • Options
    We bought my son a Thinkpad recently. It is compact and doesn't have a DVD drive, but it is basically a laptop not a compromise. Well built and nice keyboard.
    I swear by ThinkPads. The keyboards are much more than just nice. They're the best in the business.
  • Options
    Dell XPS range also the most beautiful laptops money can buy
  • Options
    Was looking about £300-350 given I agree with Golfie, below that maybe a Chromebook and hoping for a laptop.
    Chromebooks are fine for 75% of what people use laptops for. 
  • Options
    Dell XPS range also the most beautiful laptops money can buy
    Yes.  But they are not cheap!  Also mine had a Killer network card which was a piece of junk and kept losing wifi connection.  Had to swap it out for an Intel card.  So much better.  Why build a decent laptop and install rubbish components?
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    I swear by ThinkPads. The keyboards are much more than just nice. They're the best in the business.
    Isn't the control key out of position, bottom left, inside the Fn key and very unconventional? It is on my work ThinkPad  and I hate the keyboard for that reason and wouldn't buy. Just can't get used to it.