Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Phone Microphone Issue

My last 2 phones, I have had issues with the Microphone when making outgoing calls.

I can hear people fine but they cant hear me.

I got a new phone in February and within 3 months its happened again.

I haven't listened to music or anything so they haven't blown, I have been very careful not to drop my phone.

How or why does this keep happening and is there a fix, I dont want to keep having to use earphones everytime i want to make a phone call for the next 2 years again lol.

Comments

• Options
    edited April 2020
    Also there is one big difference this time, when the microphobe went on my last 2 phones, if I recorded a video you couldn't hear anything either because of the microphone

But on this phone if I record a video I can still hear sound very clearly, its only on phone calls that people cant hear me 
  • Options
    Paulie, you know that the people you're speaking to don't hear your voice from the speakers on your phone, don't you? 
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    Chizz said:
    Paulie, you know that the people you're speaking to don't hear your voice from the speakers on your phone, don't you? 
    I thought he’s only ringing the people he stands next to?
  • Options
    My last 2 phones, I have had issues with the speakers when making outgoing calls.

I haven't listened to music or anything so they haven't blown, I have been very careful not to drop my phone.

How or why does this keep happening and is there a fix, I dont want to keep having to use earphones everytime i want to make a phone call for the next 2 years again lol.

I have tried using a app called speaker cleaner incase that was the issue but still nothing.

That’s what they tell you 
  • Options
    Or maybe they hear you, but pretend not to.
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    Yes i am aware I meant the microphone clearly
  • Options
    This is going to sound silly, but are you absolutely certain that, when you hold the phone, you're not covering the microphone with your fingers, thumbs or side of your face?  
  • Options
    Are they iPhones?

i have the reverse problem. They can hear me but they sound really quiet. I think it’s an operating system problem. It cleared itself up once but now it’s gone back to it.
  • Options
    Have you tried resetting the phone
  • Options
    Hello?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Paulie?
  • Options
    Can you hear us?
  • Options
    Nope. It's gone again.
  • Options
    Chizz, your posts aren't funny. 

@Paulie8290, if it's happened on multiple phones that's a bit odd. 

As you say on your old phones it sounds like the microphone was broken. 

On this one it sounds like maybe there's a microphone sensitivity setting that needs tweaking. 

What make and model is it.
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    Dazzler21 said:

On this one it sounds like maybe there's a microphone sensitivity setting that needs tweaking. 

Thanks for the helpful reply.

To be honest I block out Chizz replies as he does nothing but take the piss out of any post I put on here, just look at the one from the other day when I said I didnt think there would be 92 clubs in a few months time, his response was how many will there be then.

Even @Big_Bad_World said it was a pointless question he asked.

In answer to your question my new phone is a Samsung Galaxy A40
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    My last 2 phones, I have had issues with the Microphone when making outgoing calls.

I have the same problem with my old Samsung S4.  Never know when it's going to happen.  I wonder if it is a network problem.  When it happens I use Whatsapp calling, and t which works fine, so it can't be the mic and then a day later I can use the network again.
  • Options
    If the issue only occurs when you are at home it could be that you are in a "blind" spot.
    I always have problems hearing the wife when she is up the ma in laws nursing home (before lockdown).
    If it happens in your vicinity but outside the home it could be poor reception quality for the network you are on.
  • Options
    My last 2 phones, I have had issues with the speakers when making outgoing calls.

I have tried using a app called speaker cleaner incase that was the issue but still nothing.

That’s what they tell you 
    Got to get in quick to beat you.
  • Options
    Are you sure it’s not a lint issue Paulie?
    It’s less common for birds as they use handbags but us boys stuff the things into our pockets and the ports get stuffed full of tiny bits of fluff and poo and god knows what else. Used to happen to my iPhones all the time and whereas sometimes I could access an air hose or can of pressurised air at work it wasn’t always convenient, in the end I’d just take it into the Apple shop when I was at Bluey and ask a pretty girl to take it around the back and blow it clean (they have the tools you see), worked every time....
  • Options
    If you have a case on it, try using it without it on.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If you have a case on it, try using it without it on.
    Or the other way up...

[only joking]

{mostly}
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:
    It’s less common for birds as they use handbags but us boys stuff the things into our pockets and the ports get stuffed full of tiny bits of fluff and poo and god knows what else. Used to happen to my iPhones all the time and whereas sometimes I could access an air hose or can of pressurised air at work it wasn’t always convenient, in the end I’d just take it into the Apple shop when I was at Bluey and ask a pretty girl to take it around the back and blow it clean (they have the tools you see), worked every time....
    Thats what I am hoping it is, but just need a way if trying to fix that issue and see if it works
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:
    I'll bet you did !!! What did you do about the phone ?
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

To be honest I block out Chizz replies as he does nothing but take the piss out of any post I put on here, just look at the one from the other day when I said I didnt think there would be 92 clubs in a few months time, his response was how many will there be then.

Can't help with your issue but myself and the missus have a galaxy a20, both occasionally turn the speakerphone on randomly during a call which can be annoying when we're out. Not a problem at the moment! Personally I think Samsung make too many phones, quantity over quality. 
  • Options
    Okay now you’ve edited your earlier posts and confirmed that the mic works when you’re making a video (ahem) but not on when you’re on a call then it’s not bumfluff in your holes, it’s either shitty hardware (Samsung) or shitty software (Android). Take it back to a Samsung or an Android shop and let one of their geniuses fix it for you (subject to 2m distancing) but before that check all your apps are up to date and you’re on their latest (crappy) OS (butterscotch nipple clamp or whatever it’s called). 
    You’re welcome 👍🏻
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:
    Okay now you’ve edited your earlier posts and confirmed that the mic works when you’re making a video (ahem) but not on when you’re on a call then it’s not bumfluff in your holes, it’s either shitty hardware (Samsung) or shitty software (Android). Take it back to a Samsung or an Android shop and let one of their geniuses fix it for you (subject to 2m distancing) but before that check all your apps are up to date and you’re on their latest (crappy) OS (butterscotch nipple clamp or whatever it’s called). 
    You’re welcome 👍🏻
    😴
  • Options
    Sounds like a hardware issue
  • Options
    Not sure if this helps Paulie

https://youtu.be/6mCQ9aY36oo
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    Dazzler21 said:

You’ve just bought an A road - imagine the noise! You’ve gone from one extreme to another.  ;)
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    I can help you (I think)

I have had this happen to me with multiple A40s as it's the fone work issues us with.

Stick a pin in the mic. Bits of fluff get stuck in there. Wriggle a pin around and it might work.

Failing this, am afraid to say that 3 of the 5 A40s I've had in the last 5 years have failed either the mic so no-one hears me or the speakers so I cant hear them.

Edit - Sorry seen @Fumbluff confirm its probably not a bumfluff issue.