Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Addicks Resistance

Comments

• Options
    Very sad but fascinating Thanks for posting HI
  • Options
    My wife had two of her family that helped the resistance in the area which we live during world war two. Many books have been written about the help that was given by persons from our village.
  • Options
    My wife had two of her family that helped the resistance in the area which we live during world war two. Many books have been written about the help that was given by persons from our village.
    @Lewis Coaches is Addicks a common surname in Holland?

Was there a Dutchmen working at Seimans in 1905?
  • Options

This is a notice of regulations from the Scheveningen prison, where Arie Addicks was held prior to his execution.  

On the back of the notice, Arie had scrawled a note: 
    Having worked for freedom, I’m now having to pay a huge price for it. The stake was death. I lost this match. (Monday, 6 Oct. ’41) The other player now has my life in his hands. I very much hope he will spare my life. It’s nothing to him, to me it’s all and everything. My mother will not be able to survive my death. 
    The following day, Arie's petition for a pardon was turned down and he was executed later that day. 
  • Options
    Very good  read that HI, thanks
  • Options
    Addicks is not a common surname in Holland. Have managed to find four in the phone book on line for the whole of the country.

As for your second question re Seimans 1905