Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Championship final day: what would've happened?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Thanks for amending the title...

We would have stayed up by the skin of our teeth, safe in the knowledge that we would soon be back under the comfortable ownership of Monsieur Duchatelet.
  • Options
    That is the last time I start thread hahaha!
  • Options
    CH4RLTON said:
    That is the last time I start thread hahaha!
    Keep them coming - it was a good one...
  • Options
    we would of been down already. it was too disheartening to see players like Cullen and Williams playing badly aswell before this pandemic happened.
  • Options
    Not OF, it's have......Have, have, have, have, have, have, have, have, have, have, have, have, have, have, have, have, have, have, have, have, have, have, have, have, have, have, have, have, have, have, have, have, have, have, have, have, have.
  • Options

Due to a catalogue of injuries and personal reasons, we line up in a conventional 4-4-2, making the most of what we've got:

GK Maynard-Brewer

RB Burger Boy CB Murray (R) CB Sarr  LB Annis

RM Duchatelet CM Nimer's lawyer CM Cullen LM Powell (C)

CF Nimer CF Southall

Substitute - Keith Peacock

Richard Murray and Naby Sarr form a fantastic partnership and completely nullify Leeds' impotent attackers with Sarr winning all the headers and Murray using his pace to sweep up behind.

We soak up all the pressure with Leeds enjoying 97% of the possession in the 1st half but we go in at 0-0.

After a half-time team talk on Zoom from Bowyer (at his fishing lake in France) and Jackson (waiting at home for his new legs to be delivered from Amazon), Nimer and Southall attempt to put their differences behind them to form a cohesive, dangerous pairing up top. Aided by the rampaging runs of Colin Powell and Roland Duchatelet, Charlton begin to grow in to the game but the score stays 0-0 in a tense, scrappy 2nd half.

Then it happens.

In the 97th minute with CAFC going down and Leeds being promoted as it stands, Richard Murray hoists a long ball forward. Southall puts his supa dupa deal phone down and rises like a salmon to glance the ball on to his strike partner. Nimer's 1st touch is sublime. He 'nuts' the on rushing defender before arrowing an absolute worldy in to the top right corner of the Leeds goal in front of the Kop. Nimer cups his ears in front of the baying Leeds fans before lifting up his jersey to reveal a T-shirt underneath with the words "I told you all to trust me" in red and white letters. Nimer then sprints down the touchline to a newly installed ATM (near the dug-outs) to deposit £50M in to CAFC's bank.

The whistle blows and the game is over.

Charlton are safe, Leeds miss out on automatic promotion.

The entire team is chaired off by our supporters apart from Southall who insists on leaving the pitch in his Range Rover.

• Options
    Macronate said:

Due to a catalogue of injuries and personal reasons, we line up in a conventional 4-4-2, making the most of what we've got:

GK Maynard-Brewer

RB Burger Boy CB Murray (R) CB Sarr  LB Annis

RM Duchatelet CM Nimer's lawyer CM Cullen LM Powell (C)

CF Nimer CF Southall

Substitute - Keith Peacock

Richard Murray and Naby Sarr form a fantastic partnership and completely nullify Leeds' impotent attackers with Sarr winning all the headers and Murray using his pace to sweep up behind.

We soak up all the pressure with Leeds enjoying 97% of the possession in the 1st half but we go in at 0-0.

After a half-time team talk on Zoom from Bowyer (at his fishing lake in France) and Jackson (waiting at home for his new legs to be delivered from Amazon), Nimer and Southall attempt to put their differences behind them to form a cohesive, dangerous pairing up top. Aided by the rampaging runs of Colin Powell and Roland Duchatelet, Charlton begin to grow in to the game but the score stays 0-0 in a tense, scrappy 2nd half.

Then it happens.

In the 97th minute with CAFC going down and Leeds being promoted as it stands, Richard Murray hoists a long ball forward. Southall puts his supa dupa deal phone down and rises like a salmon to glance the ball on to his strike partner. Nimer's 1st touch is sublime. He 'nuts' the on rushing defender before arrowing an absolute worldy in to the top right corner of the Leeds goal in front of the Kop. Nimer cups his ears in front of the baying Leeds fans before lifting up his jersey to reveal a T-shirt underneath with the words "I told you all to trust me" in red and white letters. Nimer then sprints down the touchline to a newly installed ATM (near the dug-outs) to deposit £50M in to CAFC's bank.

The whistle blows and the game is over.

Charlton are safe, Leeds miss out on automatic promotion.

The entire team is chaired off by our supporters apart from Southall who insists on leaving the pitch in his Range Rover.

Or in an alternative universe, Nimer and Southall continue their off field arguments by having a proper on field "Hales and Flanagan" punch up. Both are sent off, but somehow Charlton hang on to the 1-0 win (Chris Parkes 74 mins) with late substitute Tracey Leaburn blocking a  Mateusz Klich shot on the line, and Patrick Bamford somehow putting the rebound over the bar from 2mm out.

Bowyer is ecstatic with the win, but furious with Nimer and Southall.

"Two team mates fighting each other on the pitch is an absolute disgrace" he fumed, "I've never seen anything like it!"

Assistant manager Johnnie Jackson was subsequently sacked by Bowyer for laughing out loud at this point.
  • Options
    I liked the Sky prediction one, where we won 3-1 with Leeds having 2 men sent off and ultimately we stay up.

I would have added that Lyle Taylor then incurs the wrath of the away fans by signing a 3 year deal with Leeds on the pitch after the final whistle.