Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Order to watch movies

2»

Comments

• Options
    So is this right for MCU would you say @ForeverAddickted and @aliwibble

Iron Man

The Incredible Hulk

Iron Man 2

Thor

Captain America: The First Avenger

Marvel’s The Avengers

Iron Man 3

Thor: The Dark World

Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Guardians of the Galaxy

Avengers: Age of Ultron

Ant-Man

Captain America: Civil War

Doctor Strange

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2

Spider-Man: Homecoming

Thor: Ragnarok

Black Panther

Avengers: Infinity War

Ant-Man and the Wasp

Captain Marvel

Avengers: Endgame

Spider-Man: Far From Home 
    I’ve not seen a single one these films!
    Wow! 

Marvel overrated IMO but some very enjoyable films in that list. 
    AFKA doesn't do films !
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    My order of Star Wars films.

Star Wars (1977) 

That's it.
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:
    I'm a fan of the Star Wars 'Machete' order for the original 6, so basically

A New Hope
    Empire 
    Then 1, 2, 3 as prequels to explain the ending to 2 (which I won't spoil here though suspect everyone must know)
    Return if the Jedi to complete the 6.

Then Rogue One and Solo, then 7, 8, 9.
    I second this. Machete order is by far the best way with Star Wars. Really heightens the stakes for Jedi at the end. Not sure how I’d put Rogue One and Solo in there though. I think this is probably right but I’d consider doing Solo and Rogue One before New Hope. 
    Yeah I was wrestling with that, whether you need to watch the original 6 before Rogue One and Solo to really appreciate them, or whether they stand alone and so it makes sense to watch both before A New Hope for chronological reasons.

• Options
    MrOneLung said:
    There’s a school of thought you can just skip 1 entirely 
    Seen that, apparently if you go straight to Attack of the Clones they basically retalk you through Phantom Menace anyway and you've not missed anything except perhaps a decent pod race.

• Options
    I have just finished all 30 season of The Simpsons that are on Disney+.

Good God!  30 seasons?  Wikipedia tells me that's 681 episodes.  You might need to have a word with Matt Groening to see if he can bang out a few more for you.

Come on, paulie8290 … give us the breakdown.  Start date to end date?  And did you 'limit' yourself to only ten hours a day?

And one last question … be honest … tell me that you didn't watch the Intro every time.
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    So @paulie8290 I'd maybe say:

Rogue One
    A New Hope (4)
    Empire Strikes Back (5)
    Phantom Menace (1, and optional)
    Attack of the Clones (2)
    Revenge of the Sith (3)
    Return of the Jedi (6)
    Solo
    Force Awakens (7)
    Last Jedi (8)
    Rise of Skywalker (9)

It's 4 and 5 before the first 3 and then 6 that's important, it works massively better as a story arc.

Rogue One and Solo could both come before 4 or after 6.
  • Options
    Dave Rudd said:

Good God!  30 seasons?  Wikipedia tells me that's 681 episodes.  You might need to have a word with Matt Groening to see if he can bang out a few more for you.

Come on, paulie8290 … give us the breakdown.  Start date to end date?  And did you 'limit' yourself to only ten hours a day?

And one last question … be honest … tell me that you didn't watch the Intro every time.
    Start Date would have been 28th March
    End Date 2nd May

I had a break half way for a week when i was watching Agents of Shield just to give Simpsons a rest lol

Didnt limit myself either.

Yes I watched the intro every time its not exactly a long one and you have to read the blackboard and see the couch gag every episode lol
  • Options

Iron Man

The Incredible Hulk

Iron Man 2

Thor

Marvel’s The Avengers

Iron Man 3

Guardians of the Galaxy

Ant-Man

Doctor Strange

Black Panther

Ant-Man and the Wasp

Captain Marvel

Saw my first film tonight. 22 to go...
  • Options

Iron Man

The Incredible Hulk

Iron Man 2

Thor

Marvel’s The Avengers

Iron Man 3

Guardians of the Galaxy

Ant-Man

Doctor Strange

Black Panther

Ant-Man and the Wasp

Captain Marvel

What were your thoughts? - Its only gonna get more bonkers
  • Options
    With Marvel are you going to work the 5 series of Agents of Shield in as well?

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    The change of actor in Ironman and Ironman 2 for Rhodey I always wondered why.

I researched it, turns out in Ironman Terrence Howard was paid more than Robert Downey JR, but by the time it came to making the 2nd movie because the first one was such a hit and Robert Downey JR was now a megastar they wanted to offer him more money, the only way they could do it was by offering Howard less, he subsequently refused and the role went to Don Cheadle and the rest as they say is history
  • Options

I researched it, turns out in Ironman Terrence Howard was paid more than Robert Downey JR, but by the time it came to making the 2nd movie because the first one was such a hit and Robert Downey JR was now a megastar they wanted to offer him more money, the only way they could do it was by offering Howard less, he subsequently refused and the role went to Don Cheadle and the rest as they say is history
    Apparently it really pissed Terence Howard off as he claims that Robert Downey JR mainly got the role of Iron Man because of him

Ed Norton was then replaced with Mark Ruffalo as the Hulk due to the former saving the standalone film as the original script was bloody awful (Didnt help Im sure that Norton called Marvel out on that)
  • Options
    Oh I need to rewatch them, had forgotten Ed Norton was in the iron man series. Talented fella Ed. 
  • Options
    edited May 2020

Apparently it really pissed Terence Howard off as he claims that Robert Downey JR mainly got the role of Iron Man because of him

Ed Norton was then replaced with Mark Ruffalo as the Hulk due to the former saving the standalone film as the original script was bloody awful (Didnt help Im sure that Norton called Marvel out on that)
    Yeah I read that.

He got $4.5M for the first movie and the promised him $8M fornthe 2nd but because RDJ had become such a breakaway star, they said they could technically do the 2nd movie without Howard so revised the offer to $1M

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.businessinsider.com/why-terrance-howard-replaced-iron-man-2-2013-11?amp

You have to wonder with Iron Man 3 plus the subsequent Avenger movies that Rhodey appeared in if Terrence Howard regrets not just taking the million, but bet Don Cheadle snapped there hands off lol.

• Options
    Dave Rudd said:

Dave Rudd said:

30 seasons ? Aren’t there 31 seasons plus the  
    ones that ran on the Tracey Ullman show for a couple of years before the series started ? 
  • Options
    Dave Rudd said:

Dave Rudd said:

ones that ran on the Tracey Ullman show for a couple of years before the series started ? 
    There have been 31, but disney only currently have 30, the most recent series isnt on there yet(they are currently only up to episode 20 of 22 in America) 21 is released May 22nd and 22 is released may 29th then I guess Disney will get them all together at some point
  • Options
    My order of Star Wars films.

Star Wars (1977) 

That's it.
    Spot on. 
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    Another vote for watching things in release order rather than by the chronology of the events that occur in the films, so the second order shown in that link, not the first one. And for Star Wars that'd be
    • A New Hope
    • The Empire Strikes Back
    • Return of The Jedi
    • Episode 1 - The Phantom Menace
    • Episode 2 - Attack of The Clones
    • Episode 3 - Revenge of The Sith
    • Episode 7 - The Force Awakens
    • Rogue One
    • Episode 8 - The Last Jedi
    • Solo
    • Episode 9 - The Rise of Skywalker
    This. Watch 'em like us old uns did.
  • Options
    Dave Rudd said:

Dave Rudd said:

There have been 31, but disney only currently have 30, the most recent series isnt on there yet(they are currently only up to episode 20 of 22 in America) 21 is released May 22nd and 22 is released may 29th then I guess Disney will get them all together at some point
    You're a hard man, ltgtr.

My boy paulie8290 hammers through 20+ episodes of The Simpsons every day for more than a month, and you pick up on the fact that he has missed a few.

I'll have a word with him, though.  We don't want standards to drop.  Paulie - all episodes of Game of Thrones by 1st June?  Can it be done? 
  • Options
    Dave Rudd said:
    Dave Rudd said:

Dave Rudd said:

You're a hard man, ltgtr.

My boy paulie8290 hammers through 20+ episodes of The Simpsons every day for more than a month, and you pick up on the fact that he has missed a few.

I'll have a word with him, though.  We don't want standards to drop.  Paulie - all episodes of Game of Thrones by 1st June?  Can it be done? 
    Nope, because Dragons and that kind of thing is not my thing lol
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Iron Man

The Incredible Hulk

Iron Man 2

Thor

Marvel’s The Avengers

Iron Man 3

Guardians of the Galaxy

Ant-Man

Doctor Strange

Black Panther

Ant-Man and the Wasp

Captain Marvel

7/10. Watchable but didn’t blow me away. 
  • Options

Iron Man

The Incredible Hulk

Iron Man 2

Thor

Marvel’s The Avengers

Iron Man 3

Guardians of the Galaxy

Ant-Man

Doctor Strange

Black Panther

Ant-Man and the Wasp

Captain Marvel

He has reverted back to Crocodile Dundee series
  • Options

Iron Man

The Incredible Hulk

Iron Man 2

Thor

Marvel’s The Avengers

Iron Man 3

Guardians of the Galaxy

Ant-Man

Doctor Strange

Black Panther

Ant-Man and the Wasp

Captain Marvel

Two down...
  • Options

Iron Man

The Incredible Hulk

Iron Man 2

Thor

Marvel’s The Avengers

Iron Man 3

Guardians of the Galaxy

Ant-Man

Doctor Strange

Black Panther

Ant-Man and the Wasp

Captain Marvel

I’ve not seen a single one these films!
    Saw a bit of Ironman.  Didn't bother to see the ending.

Not really my thing but I know Kev Hopgood the artist who drew him.