Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Outdoors

Who else is enjoying the great outdoors this weekend?

We're off for a family camping weekend in Sussex, can't wait!

Comments

• Options
    I'm going into town tomorrow for the TdF prolouge, which will be nice
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Salad[/cite]Who else is enjoying the great outdoors this weekend?

We're off for a family camping weekend in Sussex, can't wait!

Good luck with the weather mate!
  • Options
    I am going on a cricket tour to Cheltenham - not sure whether to take my "whites" or wet suit............
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]I'm going into town tomorrow for the TdF prolouge, which will be nice
    Same here.
  • Options
    ere rothers what is the prologue?? and as an expert what sort of time will the tour be driving along woolwich/Erith road on the sunday??
  • Options
    Prolouge is a time trial which helps put a Yellow Jersey on someone for the first stage on Sunday, cyclist will be doing 35mph round London tomorrow over the 5 miles.

Stage 1 is due at Greenwich at 11, Woolwich by 11.10, Erith about 11.25
  • Options
    Nice one cheers mate, i will be popping along to woolwich road where it meets erith road with me slippers and a cup of tea and most probably an great big aromatic cigarette!
  • Options
    dartford?
  • Options
    In the nice, smoke free pub for me.

Sod the outdoors!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]

Stage 1 is due at Greenwich at 11, Woolwich by 11.10, Erith about 11.25

Is there a website anywhere showing road closures? Just I have to get to North Greenwich for about 12!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The only closure we got is the Woolwich Road onslip/offslip On the Blackwall Tunnel Southern Approach
  • Options
    tonight i'm going to surrey v kent at the oval. fingers crossed for the weather

tomorrow family day out to uckfield, framfield, seaford and eastbourne and a dip in the sea!
  • Options
    I will be mainly doing a design course ....
  • Options
    Will probably go for a swim at Camber Sands tomorrow and/or Sunday - anyone know any good spots round there?
  • Options
    Sea swimming? Anywhere around the sand dunes is good.... all nice sandy beach along there.

Would recommend a trip into Rye too, especially for a bit of food. Lovely place
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Salad[/cite]Will probably go for a swim at Camber Sands tomorrow and/or Sunday - anyone know any good spots round there?

Sack that mate, get down Joss bay at Margate. Million times nicer
  • Options
    yeah but camping not far from there .. cheers
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Salad[/cite]Will probably go for a swim at Camber Sands tomorrow and/or Sunday - anyone know any good spots round there?

Sack that mate, get down Joss bay at Margate. Million times nicer

More like it's easier for you to fly there... Rochester to Manston...

SPLITTER!
  • Options
    joss bay.

is the captain digby still there?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: paulbaconsarnie[/cite]joss bay.

is the captain digby still there?

Was last summer when I was there... great pub
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Captan Digby is still there....

Camber s nicer for swimming - the north Sea is more salty than the channel - and colder!
  • Options
    Great weekend, fantastic weather (relatively speaking) !
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    fab day saturday.
    went to uckfield via biggin hill, westerham, eden bridge, ashdown forest then to seaford via framfield and drusillas zoo. had a picnic watching the cricket, then skimmed stones into the sea, then went to eastbourne via seven sisters park, saw the meandering river, up to beachy head for a walk around, then down to eastbourne for a drink on the sea front, a quick walk around then back in the cars for a quick look at the harbour to guess how much the boats were, then back to sunny sidcup for fish and chips.

les has a bright red face :-)
  • Options
    les has a bright red face :-)

He didn't go swimming in white nylon shorts did he????
  • Options
    Off to Thailand for two weeks next week, wouldn't want to annoy anyone by mentioning it tho!