Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jason Pearce car stolen

2»

Comments

• Options
    Macronate said:
    Car theft thread turns into a masterclass on how to operate a microwave.
    My microwave is white, are the instructions the same as for other colours. Thanks in advance. 
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:
    bobmunro said:
    I've just ordered some Faraday bags from Amazon!
    Bob, make sure they work, the majority don't! If you have a newish Merc just double hit the lock button and it turns the key signal off.

He's probably lucky they took it how they did, they came in my house to get my car keys!

I actually think it's time either the manufacturers sorted this out or stopped doing keyless cars.

New Audi - I'll need to check the handbook in case it has a similar system.
    Replacement company car coming soon as well (just missed the last ship before lock down) and will have a similar issue.
    We're not high risk, thankfully, as the only traffic I see are generally tractors! But I suppose being remote holds different risks.
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Leuth said:
    Literally, a microwave is the most complicated thing to turn on* in my house. It requires three distinct specific procedures! My washing machine only needs two! 

*not counting people
    I believe the microwave story. I keep my car keys in the washing machine. I turned it on by mistake the other day with my keys inside. It caused the car doors to open, start the engine and a thief took it for a spin. However, our bike only disappeared for a little while as it was on a short cycle.
    I don't buy this at all. How can your car turn into a bike mid-thieving? Did the thief chop it in half down the middle?
    It was a couple of crooks working in tandem.

You're getting mixed up with when Andre Bikeys car was nicked.
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Leuth said:
    Literally, a microwave is the most complicated thing to turn on* in my house. It requires three distinct specific procedures! My washing machine only needs two! 

*not counting people
    I believe the microwave story. I keep my car keys in the washing machine. I turned it on by mistake the other day with my keys inside. It caused the car doors to open, start the engine and a thief took it for a spin. However, our bike only disappeared for a little while as it was on a short cycle.
    I don't buy this at all. How can your car turn into a bike mid-thieving? Did the thief chop it in half down the middle?
    It was a couple of crooks working in tandem.
    One came out clean; the other was tumbled.
  • Options
    Macronate said:
    Standard day on CharltonLife really then
  • Options
    Breaking news, slagging off our players, good advice and puns. Never change Charlton Life, never change.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Macronate said:

No mention of using them for Pot Noodles yet.

Doh!
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    I don't own a microwave but I don't have a keyless car either.
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    How can you accidentally bump the temperature setting, then cluelessly key in a time and then finally collide unawares with the start button? I'm buying this less and less, my good man
    The key was hidden in a big pile of Chinese, left over form the night before, for maximum security
  • Options
    I locked my microwave keys in my microwave then accidentally drove it to Jason Pearce's house
  • Options
    The solution is to have a car so shit no one would want to nick it. 
    Yeah, mine doesn't even have a Defrost setting #lifehack
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    Leuth said:
    Yeah, mine doesn't even have a Defrost setting #lifehack
    Nor does my car , come to think of it. Got a rear de-mist though.
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    I believe Pearce is blaming Naby as usual.
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Leuth said:

*not counting people
    Tbf you only need to press one button on mine and it turns on for 30s. If I accidentally knocked it whilst opening the fridge then I'd probably just let it run. I stand with ForeverAddickted.
    Science has gone too far

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Surely a car being driven at night, particularly in the current lockdown, is going to be picked up on a speed camera somewhere so identifying the general direction it was driven to shouldn’t be that difficult. I talk to the breakdown guys that are based near my house and they are attending just one or two breakdowns a weekend atm with most of the company’s trucks off the road and the drivers furloughed. If the OB are going to have a great opportunity to break a criminal gang stealing high end cars then the lockdown must be it.
  • Options
    Surely a car being driven at night, particularly in the current lockdown, is going to be picked up on a speed camera somewhere so identifying the general direction it was driven to shouldn’t be that difficult. I talk to the breakdown guys that are based near my house and they are attending just one or two breakdowns a weekend atm with most of the company’s trucks off the road and the drivers furloughed. If the OB are going to have a great opportunity to break a criminal gang stealing high end cars then the lockdown must be it.
    Most speed cameras only record if a vehicle trips it because it is speeding.  It would have to be average speed cameras or ANPR jobbies.  You could bet a pound to a penny that professional twokers know exactly where these cameras are and avoid them.  

I'm surprised a Merc like that hasn't got a decent tracker.  My car has something called automatic driver recognition.  I get a phone call if my car is moving and I'm not in it.  (For some bizarre reason I always get a call if I go to my local Screwfix branch.  Must be a dead spot for their system or something.)  If I confirm I'm not driving, as soon as it is stationery, the engine is disabled.
  • Options
    cafcfan said:
    Most speed cameras only record if a vehicle trips it because it is speeding.  It would have to be average speed cameras or ANPR jobbies.  You could bet a pound to a penny that professional twokers know exactly where these cameras are and avoid them.  

I'm surprised a Merc like that hasn't got a decent tracker.  My car has something called automatic driver recognition.  I get a phone call if my car is moving and I'm not in it.  (For some bizarre reason I always get a call if I go to my local Screwfix branch.  Must be a dead spot for their system or something.)  If I confirm I'm not driving, as soon as it is stationery, the engine is disabled.
    Seems that Jason has an App that allows him to track where his Merc is if ever it gets stolen

Unfortunately hasnt been working though as he mentioned it when someone made the suggestion on twitter
  • Options
    Lucky for them JP never caught them red handed. 
    Will keep a lookout as I’m local. 
    It’s probably already in a container on a ship bound for somewhere dodgy.
  • Options
    Trust me even that doesn't work. 

I had a T Reg Peugeot 406 that, shall we say, looked like it had seen better days. 132k miles on the mileometer but it just never let me down.

Wife took it to work one day and when she came back it had gone and was never seen again. 
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    Trust me even that doesn't work. 

I had a T Reg Peugeot 406 that, shall we say, looked like it had seen better days. 132k miles on the mileometer but it just never let me down.

Wife took it to work one day and when she came back it had gone and was never seen again. 
    This vehicle and its forefathers, the 405 and 504, are all favourites in many parts of Africa.  They are robust, cope with the roads and are easy to fix.  That's where it probably went.  http://www.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/programmes/global_crime_report/crime/theft.shtml