Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lee Bowyer on Talksport very soon

1234568»

Comments

• Options
    edited February 2021
    TS can throw all the money in the world at it to bring in players but if you have a manager who has no game plan or tactics you are not going to improve. Also if you throw plyers under the bus in public you are not building any team morale either. We need a canny tactician and man manger who can build a harmonious squad just like curbs did. 
  • Options
    JohnnyH2 said:
    J BLOCK said:
    First sentence "We're not doing too much wrong" - It's boring now. 

You're a troll if you want Bowyer out according to Jim. 
    If there were fans in the ground at the moment, he'd soon realise this isn't true.

Never has there been a Charlton team and manager who deserve a stronger noise of discontent from the stands. Even Dowie and co showed signs of improvement. They are quite simply a shameful embarrassment of overrated, feeling sorry for themselves, fraudsters. 

They just need a f****** good metaphorical kick up the arse. If the fans were there they'd be getting themselves together, if only because they'd be afraid not to.
    More than Fraeye?
    Based on recent performances, yes. 
    Fraeye was managing in the Championship.
    We're in League One and heading for our lowest finish in nearly a century.
  • Options
    ct_addick said:
    TS can throw all the money in the world at it to bring in players but if you have a manager who has no game plan or tactics you are not going to improve. Also if you throw plyers under the bus in public you are not building any team morale either. We need a canny tactician and man manger who can build a harmonious squad just like curbs did. 
     I think that's spelt pliers
  • Options
    ct_addick said:
     I think that's spelt pliers
    Chaka Demus  Aneke and Pliers 
  • Options
    Just caught up with this thread.

All I can say is if TS & JW set up the interview to show backing for LB then more fool them. If TS is happy with the performances since November then he has more money than sense, because he will be spending more & more of it over the coming years trying to get out of this division - especially with LB in charge. 

I will still go to games & will still buy a season ticket, but don't expect my support of a manager who, quite frankly, has lost the plot when it come to team selection, tactics, game & player management.

I would love to win every game but know it is far from realistic. All I ask is to be entertained. To see some attacking flair & goals. Not sideways football & players being played out of position. No fannying around & pointless back passes. A team like the Championship winners of 2000, or the record 101 pointers of 2012. Even the gutsy nomads winners of 1985/86 and of course the play off winners of 98. 
    This my point exactly and I really think it is the opinion of most fans. I will still watch every week and will be happy if we just show some ambition on the field it's the current negativity that is getting my anger swelling. What is the point in passing sideways and backwards when we all know teams now just press us and it leaves Amos to pump it upfield to clear and we give the ball straight back to the opposition. Sure play out occasionally but not everytime it's too predictable and boring. Give us some glimpses of hope and the supporters are happy
  • Options
    edited February 2021
     I firmly believe Thomas is being guided by those working at the club in various capacities.
    They have seen the effects of our inability to bring in (for the most part), the calibre of player that we need to progress.
    A few months ago, we clearly saw that given the right circumstances, Bowyer, Jacko and Gallen can pull in some top talent.......have those same circumstances been open to us, of course not.
    I am putting my faith in them doing exactly the same again now that the wage cap has been scrapped. Why think otherwise I ask myself and I’m pretty certain Thomas is thinking that way too. Of course, should promotion not be achieved next season, then it would almost certainly see a parting of the ways.
    Since Wembley, everyone at the club has been severely handicapped by situations way beyond their control, both on and off the pitch. Anyone who can’t see that has a very weird mindset.
    What about those that can see the change in approach and behaviours of the manager? I find it incredible that so many can't. It hasn't been subtle after all.
  • Options
    It can't get worse, it simply can't we will not drop into the 4th tier under TS's guidance, so you give LB the summer and another chance to get the players he wants in, if we aren't top 6 and looking good by October get wish him well and move on. 

Unless Curbs wants to come back, Curbs gets to come back if at any moment he wants to that's the rules, I reckon he's fallen back in love with us deeply doing all the pundit work with Polo. 

• Options
    Webbja77 said:
    He says performances haven’t been bad... sorry I’ve been watching different games. 

Fact is 30 games in he doesn’t have a style, settled formation and or a best XI.... only one person to blame for that🤔
    I object . Bogle has left. Maddison has left. William's has left. No one else to blame !
    The fans are still here although I suppose they can't be blamed as they can't attend. Morgan?
  • Options
    mascot88 said:
    It can't get worse, it simply can't we will not drop into the 4th tier under TS's guidance, so you give LB the summer and another chance to get the players he wants in, if we aren't top 6 and looking good by October get wish him well and move on. 

Unless Curbs wants to come back, Curbs gets to come back if at any moment he wants to that's the rules, I reckon he's fallen back in love with us deeply doing all the pundit work with Polo. 

It will be a gradual growth of temptation for him now. Probably just casually sitting in the back of his mind. No longer a direct yes or no.
    Curbs is always relatively pretty open minded. I remember he openly admitted to being tempted by the palace job. Our ex flirting with a knobhead.

An old return of a long marriage.

It's got a bit of "move on" and "where the hell you been" about it.

If charlton athletic football club can literally only live and breathe with Alan curbishley is our manager...then it's a bit sad.

I'd take him back though. We need sorting out and he's the only one that knows how to do it.