Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

German Addicks/Bundesliga Team

2»

Comments

• Options
    A few years ago six of the Belgian20 spent a great weekend in Germany at the invitation of Marc, a stalwart of the German Addicks.

The culmination was a trip to see his favourite team, Borussia Monchengladbach playing a home derby game v Borussia Dortmund.
     Brilliant experience, especially the mobile beer seller!

Since then I've been a BMG supporter.

Matt's (MadGerman) tell me again who do you support ?
  • Options
    Richard J said:
    Although not German Allan Simonsen made his name at Borussia Monchengladbach. 
    That's why I had them tattooed on my "tally-whacker" 
  • Options
    DA9 said:
    Trying to choose a team to follow for a bit of football relief, and I’m currently swaying to Eintracht Frankfurt, mid table to bottom half mediocrity in the Bundesliga (sound familiar?) and due to my obsession, Elvis spent his army years just up the road in Bad Nauheim at Ray Barracks, and recorded a song about Frankfurt for his film G.I. Blues, which was based (although he didn’t film there) in...you’ve guessed it, Frankfurt.
    Convince me otherwise, or if there are any tenuous links or parallels with Charlton?
    After watching Frankfurt defend just now I get why a Charlton fan would be drawn to them!! 
  • Options
    Bayer Leverkusen all the way...We have an office between Cologne and Leverkusen and some of my colleagues there follow Cologne...So naturally I follow Leverkusen...

They are a strange club with some quiet fans but they produce some great players, the arena area is massive with lots of training facilities and a hotel attached and adjacent to the ground. They just cant seem to go up to the next level.
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    stonemuse said:
    DA9 said:
    Trying to choose a team to follow for a bit of football relief, and I’m currently swaying to Eintracht Frankfurt, mid table to bottom half mediocrity in the Bundesliga (sound familiar?) and due to my obsession, Elvis spent his army years just up the road in Bad Nauheim at Ray Barracks, and recorded a song about Frankfurt for his film G.I. Blues, which was based (although he didn’t film there) in...you’ve guessed it, Frankfurt.
    Convince me otherwise, or if there are any tenuous links or parallels with Charlton?
    Keep with Eintracht mate ... I used to work and live in Frankfurt and went to see them many times ... great atmosphere. 
    Used to have a soft spot for them before I started visiting Leverkusen. I met some Frankfurt fans in Munich 18 months ago who were on their way to Italy for a Europa cup match. We had a few beers and they gave me a Frankfurt badge and a fridge magnet.
  • Options
    FC Koln.

Up the Billy Goats.
    Saw them around 1989 when Litbarski was in the team. A gazelle amongst goats. 
  • Options
    DA9 said:
    My first Bundesliga match was at Schalke! What a fantastic atmosphere. I’ve followed them ever since! 
    I also have a weak spot for Dortmund as I have a good friend who lives there and we went to the public viewing in DO when they played Bayern Munich in the final of the Champions League. Another evening with a fantastic atmosphere!
    aren’t Dortmund and Schalke rivals/derby match?
    how do you square that circle?
    As I said, I support Schalke, but just keep an eye out for Dortmund’s results.
    Anyone except Bayern Munich! There is a German punk/rock group called Die Toten Hosen from Düsseldorf. When Fortune Düsseldorf were in financial problems several years ago, they stumped up the cash and sponsored the team.
    one of their most famous songs addresses their negative opinion of Munich: https://youtu.be/6LHGY33cFiE