Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Things You've Not Done (much) Since Lockdown

Comments

• Options
    I miss my pret coffee, however I'm saving a fortune not buying the 2-3 a day I normally buy.
  • Options
    Swimming.  Normally swim 1500 metres Monday-Friday. 

Mind you, got this email yesterday ... I don't think I'll be the first to dip back in :neutral: .

(scope for water based puns here). 

OUR SWIMMING POOLS

Whilst the government has not announced anything official regarding the re-opening of swimming pools, we are also working closely with Swim England and Swim Wales to look at ways in which we can safely re-open our pools and other swimming facilities. These measures will take account of water chlorination, air circulation, social distancing, plus sanitising and operational protocols within changing rooms.
    Swim Wales?
  • Options
    Ironing has gone out of the window. I think there'll be a bit done when things go back to 'normal' but not like it was before.
  • Options
    Not far from not far from the truth there @DaveMehmet

• Options
    Not gambling has been a big one for me. 
    Also not been on public transport for over 12 weeks or in a pub for the Same length of time. I miss the pub...........
  • Options
    Had a beer of any description.
  • Options
    Normally play old Championship Manager games and listen to a couple of podcasts on the way into work on the train, no time for that now with home schooling and work.

It's weird how I always thought the commute was a pain but it did have that little bit of downtime.

Of course I'd rather just have no commute and not have the home schooling as the best of both worlds!
  • Options
    In early March I got a new Railcard, a new Coach card and my first senior citizen bus pass.
    I haven't used any of them!
    Timing ffs
  • Options
    Hardly any takeaways since March. No kebabs or fish and chips, 1 curry, 2 pizza but that's it. Usually have 2 or three a week

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Had more than two days without a bev, it has turned me into Oliver Reed. Not good!
  • Options
    _MrDick said:
    Hardly any takeaways since March. No kebabs or fish and chips, 1 curry, 2 pizza but that's it. Usually have 2 or three a week

You should start going to Charlton and getting 14 chips rather than 2. 
  • Options
    Watched Sky Sports.
    Had a Nero’s.
    Had a beer.
    Driven more than four miles (excluding instinctive trips to North East England)

• Options
    Have done a load of work on the car but haven’t used it much. Went out with a couple of other classic car owing friends this morning for a run out to Otford. Stopped and had a chat from a safe distance then another lovely drive back home

What's that interesting old building top left of the pic?

(no, not the breeze block one with the corrugated tin roof - the other one?)
  • Options
    Had a haircut 😳

Seen my family 😩
    Honestly it’s made me realise if we’d moved further away I would have really suffered from not seeing them.
  • Options
    In early March I got a new Railcard, a new Coach card and my first senior citizen bus pass.
    I haven't used any of them!
    Timing ffs
    My Network rail card ran out on the 17th April, funnily I've not renewed it yet!
  • Options
    Had a haircut

Or a shave...until today. too warm for the beard and with lockdown easing a bit I no longer want to look like the sort of person you warn children about  :D
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Have done a load of work on the car but haven’t used it much. Went out with a couple of other classic car owing friends this morning for a run out to Otford. Stopped and had a chat from a safe distance then another lovely drive back home

Not sure mate, it's the car park just off Otford High St.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

From memory of Otford, could it be part of the Old Forge Restaurant?
    I loved it there.
    I loved Otford.
    Would definitely had moved there if we’d had the money.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Haven't set the alarm clock
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

I loved it there.
    I loved Otford.
    It’s further down than the Old Forge. Agree about the place though, it’s lovely there. My wife and I had our first date in The Bull.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

I loved it there.
    I loved Otford.
    It’s further down than the Old Forge. Agree about the place though, it’s lovely there. My wife and I had our first date in The Bull.
    Ahhh the Bull, it was the place I finally realised Hubby was the one for me.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

I loved it there.
    I loved Otford.
    Why what happened?
  • Options
    Snakebite and black in one.
  • Options
    Spend Cash
    Put on a shirt 
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    Oggy Red said:

I loved it there.
    I loved Otford.
    Why what happened?
    We had a sabbatical.
    I was in there talking to someone about the best holidays I’d had & it dawned on me that it wasn’t the place I’d been to so much as who I’d been with.
    That was about 18yrs ago.
    We celebrate our 25th this year, was hoping to be our favorite holiday destination but that can wait if it doesn’t happen. 
  • Options
    I miss my pret coffee, however I'm saving a fortune not buying the 2-3 a day I normally buy.
    Blimey if you are missing Pret's coffee you have clearly never had a decent coffee. 
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    Blimey if you are missing Pret's coffee you have clearly never had a decent coffee. 
    Only go in there because I often get a freebie (and that's a coffee)

Think the fella in the knightsbridge one fancies me.
  • Options
    Proper curry and  the pub