Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Hull City players and CV19

Evidently two payers from Hull City (our next opponents of course if season resumes) have tested positive for CV19

Presumably statements will follow in due course.

Comments

• Options
    any excuse to put off relegation
  • Options
    Theyl have to void that fixture then, that was an easy 3pts 🤣
  • Options
    Hull will now be calling for the season to be ended and as the EFL stated the league positions to remain
  • Options
    Correction: Two individuals not players so could be backroom staff but will still have implications re resumption of training surely?
  • Options
    Plus over 1000 people have been tested at all Championship clubs

Thats about 42 personel per club - Nothing to say they're even first team regulars
  • Options
    How convenient.
  • Options
    Relegate them.
  • Options
    Just pondering ..... if during the season, there's a 'flu outbreak at a club, very occasionally a club can be permitted to have the fixture postponed; but generally it must be nevertheless fulfilled, even with a weakened side.

Failing to do so would result in  a 3 points deduction penalty to that club.

But assuming the EFL restarts the Championship competition and the season is played out, what action would be taken against a club that is unable or refuses to play a fixture?

• Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Just pondering ..... if during the season, there's a 'flu outbreak at a club, very occasionally a club can be permitted to have the fixture postponed; but generally it must be nevertheless fulfilled, even with a weakened side.

But assuming the EFL restarts the Championship competition and the season is played out, what action would be taken against a club that is unable or refuses to play a fixture?

A flu out break is only likely to stop players playing due to having flu.  Didn't we have one when we had an injury crisis and Albie played despite having flu?

If you knowingly played someone who had Covid-19 you would get everything you deserve. 

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    How convenient.
    My immediate thought.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Oggy Red said:

A flu out break is only likely to stop players playing due to having flu.  Didn't we have one when we had an injury crisis and Albie played despite having flu?

If you knowingly played someone who had Covid-19 you would get everything you deserve. 

Perhaps I didn't make myself 100% clear, but I wasn't suggesting in any form that players with C19 could play a match.

The proposal currently is that players who test positive at a club, would be made to self isolate ..... but the next game would nevertheless go ahead. 

My question (if the season is played out): what action would the EFL take against a club unable to fulfill a fixture or that refuses to do so?
  • Options
    In the Championship, two individuals from Hull City have tested positive after 1,014 tests were undertaken at all 24 Championship sides over the past 72 hours.

From the BBC website

- but didn't Lyle say in his Friday interview (see P96 of Lyle Taylor thread) that Charlton will not be tested until tomorrow (or even perhaps Tuesday) due to a shortage of testing kits. So we still await the results from our club and possibly one or two other Championship sides.
  • Options
    In the Championship, two individuals from Hull City have tested positive after 1,014 tests were undertaken at all 24 Championship sides over the past 72 hours.

From the BBC website

- but didn't Lyle say in his Friday interview (see P96 of Lyle Taylor thread) that Charlton will not be tested until tomorrow (or even perhaps Tuesday) due to a shortage of testing kits. So we still await the results from our club and possibly one or two other Championship sides.
    Pretty sure Lyle said on Friday that they were going in tomorrow for tests I.e Saturday and that they should still have the results around the same sort of time. 
  • Options

From the BBC website

Pretty sure Lyle said on Friday that they were going in tomorrow for tests I.e Saturday and that they should still have the results around the same sort of time. 
    This