Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Karl Pilkington

Ok, a very random thread...

But does anyone watch the video below and think..

"Karl Pilkington is actually the only non stupid person in the room. Seems like a good bloke who actually knows what he's talking about. Everyone else is a bullyish boring one dimensional easily impressed twat".

https://youtu.be/p3Q43Dg0fRU

Comments

• Options
    Thought this was gonna be a RIP thread, shat my pants! 
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    Didn't he write an episode of Black Mirror a few years before Charlie Brooker released it. Love the guy, I could listen to him all day. 
  • Options
    As far as Sunday Brunch guests go, I liked that one to be honest.  Like Karl Pilkington and Josh Widdicombe, fancy Sarah Beeny, and Steve Backshall is always pretty interesting.
  • Options
    Didn't he write an episode of Black Mirror a few years before Charlie Brooker released it. Love the guy, I could listen to him all day. 
    Black Museum. The episode had 3 smaller stories in it and 2 of them were incredibly close to ideas Karl had previously mentioned on the podcast
  • Options
    Yeah he's great. He usually makes sense if you get the underlying idea he is talking about. The XFM shows with him, Steve Merchant and Ricky Gervais are absolute gold. The three together are absolutely perfect. 
    I’ve listened to all of them at least twice now 😂 

If I ever won a stupid amount of money I’d have his 2 film ideas made. I don’t even care about the cost. 
  • Options
    Black Museum. The episode had 3 smaller stories in it and 2 of them were incredibly close to ideas Karl had previously mentioned on the podcast

Love black mirror.

Great episode
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    I still laugh at The Ricky Gervais Show no matter how many times I’ve watched it. All episodes are on YouTube for anyone that’s not seen it before.

• Options
    Karl Pilkington talking about snails reminds me of Andy Hunt. He was on our table at the Player of the Season do the year we got promoted as Champions & he won the Golden Boot. During dinner conversation turned to gardening (no idea how or why) and then into how to get rid of snails. Not what you'd expect from a pro footballer but he was different gravy. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Karl Pilkington talking about snails reminds me of Andy Hunt. He was on our table at the Player of the Season do the year we got promoted as Champions & he won the Golden Boot. During dinner conversation turned to gardening (no idea how or why) and then into how to get rid of snails. Not what you'd expect from a pro footballer but he was different gravy. 

I don't fully know why that's so funny but it's certainly got something about it

• Options
    Says mountains about the time we live in a professional idiot is seen as pretty smart. I’ll give him that he communicates his idiocy pretty well.  
  • Options
    Says mountains about the time we live in a professional idiot is seen as pretty smart. I’ll give him that he communicates his idiocy pretty well.  

Is that in partial reference to a bloke with an orange face? 😉

He wins the worst of the worst competition.

I really hope the U.S can find a way back.

It's now a lot like a mad cult
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    When I first saw an episode of 'An Idiot Abroad', I thought @clb74 had found fame at last.
  • Options
    The man's a genius, proper philosopher - should be Prime Minister!
  • Options
    When I first saw an episode of 'An Idiot Abroad', I thought @clb74 had found fame at last.
    I love Pilkington he reminds me of myself a miserable b@stard.
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    I remember one episode of An Idiot Abroad where he arrived at his dump of a hotel room, turned on the light, which was about 7 million kw and said, ‘That’s dead romantic, that is.’
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    He has to be faking it......very well.
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    I think as he's gone on and got more famous he's got a lot more self aware
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    I know a guy who worked with him quite closely on the edit of idiot abroad, he says he’s genuinely like what he is on screen. They have to start talking about what to have for lunch at 9:30 so that he’ll finally have made his decision by the time lunch rolls round.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    clb74 said:
    I think as he's gone on and got more famous he's got a lot more self aware

Yeh, everyone changes when getting older. We all naturally alter at least a little bit. Depends what the new experience is as the years go by and how quickly we change and adapt 

He's not just a character.

Ricky Gervais and Stephen merchant have dignity and enjoy comedy in its pure open honest direct format.

They can't have just told him "to act" like the on screen potential Karl Pilkington
  • Options
    Love him, the xfm podcasts are quality. 
  • Options
    EastStand said:
    Yeah he's great. He usually makes sense if you get the underlying idea he is talking about. The XFM shows with him, Steve Merchant and Ricky Gervais are absolute gold. The three together are absolutely perfect. 
    I’ve listened to all of them at least twice now 😂 

If I ever won a stupid amount of money I’d have his 2 film ideas made. I don’t even care about the cost. 
    Will you be able to get Clive Warren and Rebecca De Mornay to sign up for it though? 😉
  • Options
    The Mexican wrestling on idiot abroad is one of the funniest things I’ve watched. I love the bloke.
  • Options
    I love his humour. Reading his idiot abroad book was even funnier than watching it.  It sort of sounds ridiculous initially, but there is always a bit of a point in there. I loved the bit when he was in that cave looking at the Temple/Palace carved in the rock opposite and he was arguing that it was better to be in the shitty cave looking at the magnificent temple than in the temple looking at the shitty cave. 
  • Options
    The Mexican wrestling on idiot abroad is one of the funniest things I’ve watched. I love the bloke.
    Easily the best episode I reckon. With the bulls aswell which was great. I had a belly ache from laughing when he ran off and came storming back cos of bees, “is nowhere round here safe”, hilarious. 
  • Options
    Not to be contrary.... can’t stand him. 
  • Options
    Easily the best episode I reckon. With the bulls aswell which was great. I had a belly ache from laughing when he ran off and came storming back cos of bees, “is nowhere round here safe”, hilarious. 

Wish the Idiot abroad series's plus Warwick Davis specials were on Netflix. 

Pretty sure Ricky Gervais would be happy with that.

I think the only other work that's not on Netflix is "Life's too short". Which also obviously includes Warwick Davis as the lead character.

Life's too short wasn't great but it certainly had a lot of funny bits.
  • Options
    Dave2l said:

Wish the Idiot abroad series's plus Warwick Davis specials were on Netflix. 

Pretty sure Ricky Gervais would be happy with that.

I think the only other work that's not on Netflix is "Life's too short". Which also obviously includes Warwick Davis as the lead character.

Life's too short wasn't great but it certainly had a lot of funny bits.
    I agree. Although I rewatched some idiot abroad recently and found the episodes easily on YouTube.