Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

ITV 4 right now. Charlton vs Hull from 1976

Killer just got his 11th and 12th from 11 games

Comments

• thanks - ITV4 also has a +1hr channel on Sky if you missed the start..
  • How good was killer? Always in the right place at the right time, even after deflections and the ball bobbling on the pitch
  • How good was killer? Always in the right place at the right time, even after deflections and the ball bobbling on the pitch
    He was great. Loved his interview too, with Brian Moore. 
    Can you imagine the grief a player would get nowadays for an interview like that? daring to suggest that he'd quite like to leave and play in the first division

I'm still amazed but them letting an actual lion loose before that game to run into the crowd, who thought that was a good idea?
  • How good was Brian Moore though? I miss him...
    Best football commentator, host, interviewer whatever on tv.

He qualified as a ref to inform his commentary and analysis. Modern broadcasters take note. Their ignorance is quite stunning at times.
  • edited May 2020
    rina said:
    How good was killer? Always in the right place at the right time, even after deflections and the ball bobbling on the pitch
    Can you imagine the grief a player would get nowadays for an interview like that? daring to suggest that he'd quite like to leave and play in the first division

I'm still amazed but them letting an actual lion loose before that game to run into the crowd, who thought that was a good idea?
    I'd imagine killers reaction to the sort of witch hunt that goes on now would be to stroll round with his rabbit gun to discuss it further....not a shrinking violet our Del.
  • Fortunate enough to know Brian Moore well, and he was a real gent. Would always send me little notes when he heard any news about the Addicks.
  • Sponsored links:

• It's on catch up if anyone missed it.
  • Why was there a pitch invasion? Just a popular thing to do in the 70s?
  • There can’t be too many goals to have two goals of the season scored in them.
  • Why was there a pitch invasion? Just a popular thing to do in the 70s?
    Yes, it was the done thing for the kids/youth.
  • Really enjoyed that. The lion cub was crazy! No such thing as replica shirts and the only colours were scarves, usually tied to wrists. There wasn't a lot of singing but plenty of rather polite clapping. Lots of physical contact but little play-acting. Genuinely the good old days. Killer! Killer!
  • Just watched this on the ITV Hub, where it's available for another 29 days. Thanks @rina for flagging it up - a cracking trip down memory lane. Those highlights really encapsulated where Charlton were as a team at that time - always likely to score goals but a little short of quality at the back and often clinging on near the end of  games where they should have been out of sight. In addition to some stellar performances, the quality of our crossing and set plays was noticeably better than we've managed in recent seasons.

I love the pessimist who shouted "rubbish !" as Colin Powell was halfway through his marauding run to create the goal of the season. Almost as good as Killer chewing gum during his interview with the great Brian Moore. Those were the days of the unsanitised interview, untainted by media training and all the better for it.

I also enjoyed Forest's 6-1 demolition of Sheff Utd, as they started to get their teeth into their promotion season. I think that about 8 of that side were European Cup winners just over two and a half years later, with Shilton, Burns and Woodcock more than useful additions. We took 3 points off Forest that season (in the days of 2 points for a win), which was some achievement.

On a sadder note, it was interesting to see Division 3 highlights of a crowded and vibrant Gigg Lane, as Bury put 3 past Brighton. Let's hope that we can rid ourselves of this series of dismal owners and ensure that people aren't talking about us in similar terms to Bury in the future. 
  • Just watched it. Great stuff, Killer could have had 5 or 6 that day.
  • seems just like yesterday. Happy days.