Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Davinci Resolve

Does anyone use this? Having trouble rendering one of my video clips and have no idea how to fix it. I have had a look online and the suggestions I have found haven't helped. Any help would be most appreciated.

Comments

• Thought this was a potential new signing
  • I thought it was some bullshit cryptic clue to our new owners
  • I use Gaviscon
  • The amount of people putting a bid in, it wouldn't surprise me if a Davinci chucked in a speculative offer.

I've decided to take the easy option and use an app on my phone instead.
  • How tall is he?

Will he fancy it on a cold Tuesday night in Rochdale?
  • Does anyone use this? Having trouble rendering one of my video clips and have no idea how to fix it. I have had a look online and the suggestions I have found haven't helped. Any help would be most appreciated.
    Ive used Resolve a fair bit so happy to try and help? I’m more of a Premiere Pro man so could edit something for you in there if it’s a simple job? I edit videos every day as part of my job 👍 
  • Does anyone use this? Having trouble rendering one of my video clips and have no idea how to fix it. I have had a look online and the suggestions I have found haven't helped. Any help would be most appreciated.
    Ive used Resolve a fair bit so happy to try and help? I’m more of a Premiere Pro man so could edit something for you in there if it’s a simple job? I edit videos every day as part of my job 👍 
    Thanks! I have used it before with editing and stitching videos together and never had any issues. This project was just stitching 3 clips together (I have now done this on my phone and it has worked fine) but it refused to render one of the 3 clips.

I kept getting a message like this:

Render Job 3 failed as the current clip could not be processed.
    The clip could not be decoded correctly. Please check if the clip is still available on the drive.

I tried re-downloading the clip, changing the video quality, editing it into smaller chunks and changing the video format but none of these worked. Although, when I tried smaller chunks it worked until it tried to render the last one. When I removed that clip, the rest of the file rendered fine - no idea what was wrong with that one!
    Thanks! I have used it before with editing and stitching videos together and never had any issues. This project was just stitching 3 clips together (I have now done this on my phone and it has worked fine) but it refused to render one of the 3 clips.

I kept getting a message like this:

Render Job 3 failed as the current clip could not be processed.
    The clip could not be decoded correctly. Please check if the clip is still available on the drive.

I tried re-downloading the clip, changing the video quality, editing it into smaller chunks and changing the video format but none of these worked. Although, when I tried smaller chunks it worked until it tried to render the last one. When I removed that clip, the rest of the file rendered fine - no idea what was wrong with that one!
    The pains of video editing. Sounds like it could’ve been a load of things but it’s hard to tell which one 😂 

I edit 5 - 10 videos a day and nearly always have an unexplainable problem with one of them. Usually the good old turning it off then on again does the trick or as you said, redownloading or importing the clip back in.

I recently realised you don’t actually have to render in premiere pro to export your project, not sure if it’s the same for Resolve.
    I’m a FCPX user so wish I could help. Heard good things about DR so would like to know if you recommend. 
  • @SWEnglandAddick interested to know where you work. Are you editing vids for social? 
  • Sponsored links:

• JiMMy 85 said:
    @SWEnglandAddick interested to know where you work. Are you editing vids for social? 
    @JiMMy 85 I actually started up my own marketing agency at the start of the year. I wasn’t planning on offering video editing services but one client asked me about it (an estate agent) so now I edit all of their virtual tour videos. I do have a degree in Media Production so have done lots of video production in the past.

As part of our social media management packages I also edit/turn social graphics into videos, nothing major, just text appearing/disappearing and images moving etc.
  • Oh cool, that sounds good. I did think estate agents might offer a revenue stream but haven’t gotten around to contacting any. If you need any help then I freelance in that realm! 
  • JiMMy 85 said:
    Does anyone use this? Having trouble rendering one of my video clips and have no idea how to fix it. I have had a look online and the suggestions I have found haven't helped. Any help would be most appreciated.
    I’m a FCPX user so wish I could help. Heard good things about DR so would like to know if you recommend. 
    I am a complete amateur - just been learning off of YouTube videos and messing around with it to edit videos for my class. I am definitely not using it to it's full potential (I think my computer might die if I tried) so I am not sure my recommendation is worth much! For someone not used to video editing, it has been pretty straightforward to learn so I would recommend it in that sense but having not used other software to compare it to I don't know how good it really is, if you catch my drift.

I am definitely keen to keep on learning how to use it and other software as I quite enjoy it (when it works!)
  • Well for what it’s worth there’s almost NOTHING you can’t learn from YouTube. I used FCPX to about 60% of its ability for my own work and the rest I learn from YouTube. Premiere Pro is the standard for the places I’ve worked in, and that drives me nuts - it has more capabilities (although that’s slightly debatable) but only if you’re really pushing it. And the places I work are not doing anything complicated!