Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Squad for the last 9 games

2»

Comments

• Options
    Philips
    Matthews Lockyer Sarr Purrington
    Cullen Pratley
    Green Aneke Williams
    Bonne

Is how I'd like to see us line up

Amos, Pearce, Oshilaja, Lapslie, Forster-Caskey, McGeady, Hemed, Oztumer, Doughty as the 9 subs with Morgan, Page and Field around too
  • Options
    I have a feeling we'll see Lyle up front for the 3 games in June...
  • Options
    I've no idea how we'll line up!

My one prediction is that the Hull game will be an awful one, 2 struggling nervous teams, desperate not to lose
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    se9addick said:
    Pratley is pretty much first name on the team sheet for me. 
    I think Pratley is the man you want to bring in to finish a game tight. 

Given his age, his ability to keep up must be taken into account. He'll always be in my squad, even if not starting. 
    Honestly his age hasn’t been an issue, he seems super fit and has played a lot of football in recent times, I’d probably have more concerns about Field’s fitness to be honest. I’d base opinions on Pratley’s fitness and conditioning on what he’s actually shown rather than some broader notion of what we think it should be due to his age. He’s been such an important player for us in recent times that I would want him involved as much as possible. 
  • Options
    I've no idea how we'll line up!

My one prediction is that the Hull game will be an awful one, 2 struggling nervous teams, desperate not to lose
    It can’t be any worse than it would have been if we’d played when originally scheduled!
  • Options
    cafc-west said:
    I have a feeling we'll see Lyle up front for the 3 games in June...
    Photographed playing golf today! I hope you’re right but I think that ship has sailed
  • Options
    We don’t have a match preview thread yet so weren’t sure where to put this, but good news for us.

• Options
    dickplumb said:
    i know he was unfit before but there seems an awful lot of faith that Aneke will come good 
    Without Taylor we will be lacking goals. Aneke has a goal in him as does Mc Geady. We are desperately short of goalscorers in midfield. Williams no goals for us Oztumer no goals for us, Lapslie one goal, Doughty one goal.

I am just hoping that Aneke comes good.
    I always remember Aneke coming on for the last 20 minutes or so at Reading away early in the season where he looked really useful. I think he could make an impact in these last 9 games if he can avoid injury.
  • Options
    dickplumb said:
    i know he was unfit before but there seems an awful lot of faith that Aneke will come good 
    Without Taylor we will be lacking goals. Aneke has a goal in him as does Mc Geady. We are desperately short of goalscorers in midfield. Williams no goals for us Oztumer no goals for us, Lapslie one goal, Doughty one goal.

I am just hoping that Aneke comes good.
    I always remember Aneke coming on for the last 20 minutes or so at Reading away early in the season where he looked really useful. I think he could make an impact in these last 9 games if he can avoid injury.
    I remember him terrorising Villa, sure it was pre-season, but he bullied them.
  • Options
    We don’t have a match preview thread yet so weren’t sure where to put this, but good news for us.

What's also interesting is his follow up tweet

Philip Buckingham
    Lichaj, Irvine and Kingsley have all played their last games for the club. Mallik Wilks can play against Charlton and Birmingham but not the other seven games after Barnsley declined to extend the loan.

When clubs in the same division loan each other players, other factors come into play. With our loanees

Cullen, Smith, Green - PL
    McGeady - L1
    Field - no threat to WBA, indeed him playing well might benefit them if we take points of promotion rivals
    Davis - not a direct relegation rival, but close enough that they might not want us to have him after June 30th?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Let's hope Adam Matthews if at peak fitness and doesnt get injured as without Solly we dont have any other natural right backs. Oshilaja and Wiredu are the options if needed.