Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Commentators

2»

Comments

• Options
    I like the Amazon approach .. commentary or no commentary .. you can watch the game in peace but still click onto the spiel for clarification when you need to
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Not a commentator as such but first class sports presenter, Mark Chapman aka Chappers.

Tragically his wife, Sara, has passed away aged just 44 following a long illness. Had the pleasure of meeting him three years ago at a county cricket match that our respective sons were playing in on opposite sides and he came across as a thoroughly good person. They had been married for 20 years and in addition, to Ben, 17, they have two other children aged just 12 and six. Condolences to Mark and all of his family.  
  • Options
    Not a commentator as such but first class sports presenter, Mark Chapman aka Chappers.

Tragically his wife, Sara, has passed away aged just 44 following a long illness. Had the pleasure of meeting him three years ago at a county cricket match that our respective sons were playing in on opposite sides and he came across as a thoroughly good person. They had been married for 20 years and in addition, to Ben, 17, they have two other children aged just 12 and six. Condolences to Mark and all of his family.  
    Really sad new. Chapman is a top broadcaster, he has the knack of asking the right questions to challenge and bring the best out of pundits
  • Options
    iaitch said:
    You mean John 'is that the goal that takes Leeds back to the top division' Helm?
    The complete Leeds/Yorkshire bias of the TV coverage made it all the sweeter  :D
  • Options

Football commentator Martin Tyler is to leave Sky Sports this summer after 33 years with the organisation.

Tyler, 77, is one of the sport's most well known voices and has been Sky's lead commentator for every Premier League season since it began in 1992.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65937554

• Options
    clive said:

Football commentator Martin Tyler is to leave Sky Sports this summer after 33 years with the organisation.

Tyler, 77, is one of the sport's most well known voices and has been Sky's lead commentator for every Premier League season since it began in 1992.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65937554

Yeah, good career but he’s had his day.
    Intensely irritating how he now always goes “AND IT’S LIIIIIIIIIVE” at the beginning of every match.
    Became a parody of himself. 
    Won’t be missed by me.
  • Options
    Best commentator ever, of course, is Partridge.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xhlx43rTs2Q
  • Options
    Peter Drury takes over.

Mmmm a bit meh for me 🤷‍♀️
  • Options
    Tyler refers to dozens of utterly irrelevant facts in every game. He can't handle there being a moment without him or one of his colleagues talking. "This is the sixth time these two sides have met on a Tuesday," as if that, in any way, should be of interest or somehow impact our understanding of the match. That combined with his stupid "yuk yuk yuk" laugh and sometimes breathing heavily into the mic made him unbearable for me. I'd sooner sync up the radio commentary.