Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Paul Elliott first interview

2»

Comments

• Options
    edited June 2020
    Talal said:
    bobmunro said:
    Sounds a decent first interview. Obviously saying all the right things & a few digs at our previous owners which doesnt go down too badly. Seeing as he's already paid last months wages then he's put more money in than Nimer ever did 

However, one nagging doubt is why he bought us....?  He's not a fan and I'm not sure you can ever change loyalty if you support someone else anyway. I don't know if he realises how much money it takes to run a football club & it's not for the faint hearted. Just hope that Farnell hasn't  spun him a line or filled his head with rubbish. I expect him to be inviting Varney/Barclay/Jenkins to join him at some point in time.

Doesn't  matter too much about the EFL at the moment. We all know that they cant stop the sale & the only sanctions they can put into place is a transfer embargo....ans the window wont be opening for a few months so it's not like last time.....

Chris Powell is a Spurs supporter, Clive Mendonca a Sunderland fan, Alan Curbishley a Wet Spammer, JJ a Spurs fan - need I go on?
    Lyle Taylor a Lyle Taylor fan. 

Believe it or not, I was actually going to add that exact wording!
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    Sounds a decent first interview. Obviously saying all the right things & a few digs at our previous owners which doesnt go down too badly. Seeing as he's already paid last months wages then he's put more money in than Nimer ever did 

However, one nagging doubt is why he bought us....?  He's not a fan and I'm not sure you can ever change loyalty if you support someone else anyway. I don't know if he realises how much money it takes to run a football club & it's not for the faint hearted. Just hope that Farnell hasn't  spun him a line or filled his head with rubbish. I expect him to be inviting Varney/Barclay/Jenkins to join him at some point in time.

Doesn't  matter too much about the EFL at the moment. We all know that they cant stop the sale & the only sanctions they can put into place is a transfer embargo....ans the window wont be opening for a few months so it's not like last time.....

Chris Powell is a Spurs supporter, Clive Mendonca a Sunderland fan, Alan Curbishley a Wet Spammer, JJ a Spurs fan - need I go on?
    Yeah and what did they ever do for us!!!! 😁

On Elliott, if he's only put in a few quid, why would Barclay, Varney etc lump millions of their money into a business owned by someone else. Surely if their stake were in equity shares they would instantly become majority shareholders and Elliott would be a minor figure, unless I misunderstand these things. What's in it for him, if it's not a salary and a car? 
  • Options
    Think back to what Varney said last weekend and read this statement from Elliot.

Two different statements and headings.

Still has to pass owners and directors test EFL.

Know what one i would go for.
  • Options
    We are still at the moment deep in the shit. I don’t believe this bloke Elliott any more than Nimer or Southall. Hope I’m wrong. Clubs fucked unless PV pulls something out of the hat.
  • Options
    Like what I have heard so far. He has pumped money in already and I think the Cullen contract extension was probably down to him. If he's smart he should bring in PV for his knowledge of the football industry and probably AB for the financial backing. I would like to know his net worth because that office in the picture is worse than Nimer's lol
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    When he said "Ceo who isn't going to take huge salary out of the club, I wonder if he was hinting at Varney? and the guy Varney is working with as a potential invester? 

• Options
    Remember Jenkins is Farnell’s guy. Might fit with them having Jenkins lined up waiting for a few things to be cleared up with EFL and league status etc. 
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

Please forgive me @bobmunro as you’re an excellent member on here, but Jacko is actually a Gooner. He played for Spurs, but is an Arsenal fan. 
  • Options
    Sage said:
    bobmunro said:

Please forgive me @bobmunro as you’re an excellent member on here, but Jacko is actually a Gooner. He played for Spurs, but is an Arsenal fan. 

I stand corrected.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2020
    When he said "Ceo who isn't going to take huge salary out of the club, I wonder if he was hinting at Varney? and the guy Varney is working with as a potential invester? 

You think Varney is looking to take a “huge salary” out of the club or that Andrew Barclay needs one? Have you been speaking to Richard Murray?
  • Options
    Action speaks louder then words but welcome to Charlton .
  • Options

Nothing against the guy. Varney/AB will get through/past him - still Roland the main obstacle.
  • Options
    Scoham said:

You think Varney is looking to take a “huge salary” out of the club or that Andrew Barclay needs one? Have you been speaking to Richard Murray?
    I think that was meant the other way around - is Varney an option for CEO as he wouldn’t want a huge salary.
    Fair enough. I read it to mean the opposite.
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    No idea what’s really going on, just hope we don’t have another transfer embargo this summer  (will we be told we are still under one?) if that happens this summer we are in even bigger trouble than I thought.

The club has had too much off field turmoil for far too long, just want a decent well run club, that does its talking on the pitch.
  • Options
    A few sound bites in there I don’t like too much: “If we can provide stability...”, ”no big promises...”,“A business venture...” etc but the biggest issue is that the ground and training ground aren’t given a mention at all. All a bit amateur (again)....
  • Options
    HandG said:
    A few sound bites in there I don’t like too much: “If we can provide stability...”, ”no big promises...”,“A business venture...” etc but the biggest issue is that the ground and training ground aren’t given a mention at all. All a bit amateur (again)....
    In fairness it's entirely possible he just doesn't want to be seen as following the Southall route of making big flashy promises he can't possibly keep (yet.) I would be very surprised if he doesn't genuinely WANT stability but with the likes of MS and the Belgian Bell-end still potentially having grenades to throw in it would be optimistic to the point of foolhardy to expect completely plain sailing.

And this doesn't even include the potential involvement later on of Barclay etc.
  • Options
    Don't really know what to make of him or his statement, so I am just going to sit back and observe this one with bated breath.
  • Options
    As with any new owner we have from now on he has 5 days to prove himself. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I’ve backed previous owners and it turned out I may have been wrong in doing so. I want to trust this guy, but I can’t. I’m not going to criticise and have digs, I’m going to sit quietly in the bag ground and keep quiet and see how this pans out
    That seems to be the logical approach. Events will tell us whether this is good or bad. In the meantime, we have a relegation battle to focus on.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

I hope JJ doesn't read this as he is actually an Arsenal fan!
  • Options
    Nice of him to maybe 'pop down' to the valley he's about to pay £50 squillion for this weekend!!
    This fella clearly has more money than sense.
    We're saved!!
  • Options
    one Paul Elliott, there's only one Paul Elliott .. or is there ?
  • Options
    Talal said:
    bobmunro said:

Lyle Taylor a Lyle Taylor fan. 
    Every player is their own fan, they play for different clubs for one reason only, money. Do not expect any player to be loyal to any club