Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Birmingham Press Make Bowyer Bookies Favourite

Comments

• Options
    Nah 
  • Options
    Here’s hoping this is utter codswallop.
  • Options
    He's played for them and they aren't an utter basket case like Charlton. Rumours we always going to start at some point.  
  • Options
    There's no meat on the story, yet it is entirely plausible.  Are Brum safe from relegation / points deduction?  If we go down, I would expect Bowyer to be attracted to a 'life-changing' move.  
  • Options
    You would't blame him for wanting to leave but for Birmingham? No Chance
  • Options
    Stig said:
    He's played for them and they aren't an utter basket case like Charlton. Rumours we always going to start at some point.  
    Aren't they?  I think thier current manager would argue they are, in fact he would probably tell you to "speak to the CEO". 
  • Options
    Let the Birmingham press make him favourite

I wouldn't worry until the bookies make him massively odds on favourite

2/1 with skybet I aint to concerned yet, someone else gets linked and people start putting money on them and that will quickly change lol
  • Options
    Bowyer would be mad not to go at the end of the season. He’s put up with so much nonsense in his time with us, he must be so sick of it. Now with Lyle and Solly letting him down very publicly I can’t understand why he’d want to stay. If we stay up and Varney comes in sharpish there’s a chance but beyond that the only thing that might stop him is the fact Brum are never far away from controversy themselves. 
    Good points there. Yet it seems that Bowyer feels genuinely attached to the club where he began his playing and managerial careers. The division we are in next season is bound to have an impact on how he realises his ambitions.  If we are faced with Rochdale and Accrington, a vast increase in salary at a Championship club will surely be enticing. 
  • Options
    I think there is more chance of him jacking it all in and concentrating on his not inconsiderable fishing business. Also to be taken very seriously  Sevenoaks or The North? I’m bias but come on.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bowyer has a youngish family, so someone more local would have a chance or big money from elsewhere 
  • Options
    It will depend on how confident he is in our new ownership.
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Let’s be honest here. Birmingham City as a football club are a far better bet than Charlton in meeting the aspirations of a young manager. Certainly for the foreseeable future. At the moment Charlton are staring down the barrel of relegation to league one and serious possibility of sanctions that might jeopardise even league one status. It’s even quite possible that Charlton Athletic’s existence is in doubt. Bowyer is an ex Birmingham City player and played most of his career living away from London. Thinking that Lee wouldn’t jump the holed below the water, ship that is Charlton is very hopeful. I’m guessing this is nonsense anyway but who would blame him for leaving after what’s our club has put him through?
  • Options
    Let’s be honest here. Birmingham City as a football club are a far better bet than Charlton in meeting the aspirations of a young manager. Certainly for the foreseeable future. At the moment Charlton are staring down the barrel of relegation to league one and serious possibility of sanctions that might jeopardise even league one status. It’s even quite possible that Charlton Athletic’s existence is in doubt. Bowyer is an ex Birmingham City player and played most of his career living away from London. Thinking that Lee wouldn’t jump the holed below the water, ship that is Charlton is very hopeful. I’m guessing this is nonsense anyway but who would blame him for leaving after what’s our club has put him through?
    I dispute that they are a far better bet, especially as Charlton is convenient for him personally and he's not desperate for the work anyway

As a club they've had years of problems off the pitch, and on the pitch are only 8 point ahead of us anyway
  • Options
    We were told it was stated his last contract was a massive increase possibly x6 his money.  so I’m guessing he is on at least £400,000 with us.  That’s not exactly peanuts is it.  

True he might not get paid though... 
  • Options
    It would be a shame if he left but I don't think he'd be the most terrible loss. We always seem to have an intelligent and resourceful deputy in the wings and I'd back Jacko to keep us up
  • Options
    Hell, I'd even back Euell if Jacko left too (I doubt he would)
  • Options
    Very unlikely he'll be here next season, unless two things happen, we stay up and we get decent new owners. Not looking very likely to be honest.
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    I feel abit sorry for Euell, I always thought he was gonna be the next Charlton manager(before Jacko was assistant) but if Bowyer leaves can see that being Jacko now
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Leuth said:
    I feel abit sorry for Euell, I always thought he was gonna be the next Charlton manager(before Jacko was assistant) but if Bowyer leaves can see that being Jacko now
    Euell’s turned it down on at least one occasion I believe. Think he’s a very smart cookie and is planning each step of his career very carefully. 
  • Options
    Unless Peter Varney is part of the new ownership structure by the middle of Summer, I think we've probably all seen Charlton playing under Bowyer for the last time already. 
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    Unless Peter Varney is part of the new ownership structure by the middle of Summer, I think we've probably all seen Charlton playing under Bowyer for the last time already. 
    I think you're jumping the gun there.  Of course Bowyer wants more resources, yet I sense that he relishes the challenge of putting up a fight.  And from the point of view of us, the supporters, he is exactly the man to do it, the man most likely to steer us away from the drop.  Like everyone else, I'm champing at the bit for Saturday...
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    I think you're jumping the gun there.  Of course Bowyer wants more resources, yet I sense that he relishes the challenge of putting up a fight.  And from the point of view of us, the supporters, he is exactly the man to do it, the man most likely to steer us away from the drop.  Like everyone else, I'm champing at the bit for Saturday...
    After everything he has said about being on a journey with the club and us the fans, I don’t believe he would leave before the end of the season in any circumstance.
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    I assume he meant that we've probably seen Charlton play under Bowyer for the last time in terms of fans physically attending games.

Bowyer definitely isn't going to leave before this season ends. 
  • Options
    Brum's owners change managers more often than their underwear .. even so, if the fuck up currently in play at the Valley does not improve very soon AND we are relegated, I wouldn't be surprised if he decides to take the job, IF offered
  • Options
    you could say that Brum change managers as often as we do owners
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    Chizz said:
    After everything he has said about being on a journey with the club and us the fans, I don’t believe he would leave before the end of the season in any circumstance.
    Seriously , do people believe the soundbites that managers and players say .
    Of course at that point in time the manager/player may feel like that but slap a juicy contract in front of them for another club that suits their personal circumstances and arrivederci Charlton Athletic