Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

David Carney

Comments

• Options
    FROM Sydney Morning Herald of 4th July :

'Meanwhile, it seems increasingly likely that Socceroos flanker David Carney will play in the English Championship next season, despite recently signing a new two-year deal with Sydney FC. Charlton Athletic, looking to bounce straight back to the Premier League, are set to trump rivals Sheffield Wednesday for his signature.'
  • Options
    who?......I'd stick to reading the Sun if I were you - as at least we are linked to players we've heard of.

How did you hear of this rumour anyway - you have scouts in far flung places then ?
  • Options
    Seen a lot of this guy in the A league. Often thought that he would be a very good signing for us.
    He reminds me very much of the great Colin Powell in style. Long stride, beats defenders with ease and having seen him interviewed, also has a very good attitude. Hope we get him.
  • Options
    I had a season ticket at sydney fc last year,saw him play quite a few games when not injured,
    he is proberly one of the best players in the sydney team, good finishing qualitys (long and short range) But i feel he seems to hold on to the ball a bit to long to often
    this is over shadowed by his goals and goal attempts,
    championship football is possibly about as high as he could play,
    But me i'd say let him go to sheff weds
  • Options
    Who
  • Options
    edited July 2007
  • Options
    Some great touches in there, but not so hot finishing. Looks like a replacement for ZZ?
  • Options
    didn't think he looks too shabby. Finishing needs improving but on the plus side he was direct, didn't mind having a go and can put in a decent cross. Talk is around A$500k so about 250k £.
  • Options
    he put a few away towards the end of the clips....
  • Options
    Large Addick's Dad says:

'I just think that whoever we get you just have to trust whoever's looking at him'

Personally I don't think he looks much cop.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not that impressed to be honest. Good skill, but slightly leggy and speed of foot movement with the ball wasn't that great. I think a lot of the skill shown there is due to poor defenders committing too early rather than 'great skill'.

You could certainly put a much better compilation together of Jerome, and that up against Premiership sides as well.
  • Options
    he aint all that...save ya money.
  • Options
    Slightly Leggy AFKA is a good description...
  • Options
    I have seen a lot of this bloke Carney in the last two years of the A-League (which is about English fourth-tier standard) and he is dog shit. Absolute, unadulterated dog shit. If we sign him then we are signing a winger that will make Ralph Milne and Tony Towner look like Barnes and Waddle. He is shite. There is hardly anyone playing in the A-League of a good enough standard for the CCC because all the decent Aussies piss off to Europe when they are about 18 so all they leave behind are the not good enoughs and the has-beens like Steve Corica and Stan Lazaridis.
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    No Splinters in your backside Ormy!

:-)
  • Options
    Sorry chief, just that I have detested this twat since the first time I saw him because he clearly rates himself despite having little talent. He is SO shit that even when the national team can't call on their big stars for their friendly games he STILL does not get a call up because they play their kids instead.