Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Favourite sounds ( not necessarily music ).

2»

Comments

• Options
    Stig said:
    Fumbluff said:
    Stig said:
    I don't know who, but one of the people in our block keeps ducks. I love it when they all start quacking together, it sounds like they're having a right laugh. 
    Are you in prison?
    Yeah, well, when I say ducks I really mean that he has a small collection of woodlice that he keeps in a match box. The quacking might be the stifled screams of a nonce taking a beating on B-wing.
    @AddickUpNorth enters the chatroom

• Options
    edited June 2020
    Woodlark

Song Thrush

Skylark

Baying Bloodhounds 
    Was going to say Song Thrush, swift, blackbird, wren, curlew, oystercatcher. Went for the first walk outside London on Sunday for months and heard skylarks - beautiful sound. One of the bonuses working from home is that there is a song thrush and a blackbird in the trees behind our house so I can hear them and they completely distract me from whatever it was I was meant to be doing.

The sound of waves gently lapping on a beach. 

Woodpeckers drumming in the spring.

The croaking of the frogs near Melbourne that go pobble-bonk. 

I love the Merlin engines on Spitfires as well, but always hated Concorde as it was damn loud. 

The crackle on a vinyl record as the stylus runs through the groove before the first song

• Options
    Stig said:
    I don't know who, but one of the people in our block keeps ducks. I love it when they all start quacking together, it sounds like they're having a right laugh. 

We used to keep ducks, they were great to have wandering around the garden. Ended up with 2 males who were like a couple of grumpy old men. Attacking pigeons that landed in the garden, me whenever I walked past them. Even the cat was wary of them.
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    MrOneLung said:
    Stig said:
    Fumbluff said:
    Stig said:
    Are you in prison?
    Yeah, well, when I say ducks I really mean that he has a small collection of woodlice that he keeps in a match box. The quacking might be the stifled screams of a nonce taking a beating on B-wing.

Hello 👋 

There are literally no sounds that I like at work, far too much harshness. That’s why silence is like nectar to my ears.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Stig said:
    Fumbluff said:
    Stig said:
    Are you in prison?

Hello 👋 

There are literally no sounds that I like at work, far too much harshness. That’s why silence is like nectar to my ears.
    Not even “pick that up”?
  • Options
    The way the sound of the crowd changes as you walk through from the concourse to the seats at The Valley. 
    The seaside. 
    The forest. 
  • Options
    Waves on a beach, especially in a cove and the sound echoes slightly

The sound of rain on a window, particularly a top hinged window that's open on a rainy but hot summers night

The pattering of my puppy's claws on our kitchen floor as she gets up in the morning

The whirring of my coffee machine when it's making an extra strong shot of espresso

The thwackawackawackawackawackawackkk of a cocktail being properly shaken
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    A ten second fart covering most of a scale.
    **Edit a major scale at that.

• Options
    The “thwack” of a bra strap being pinged.
  • Options
    Distant thunder 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The “thwack” of a bra strap being pinged.
    Suspender !!
  • Options
    I love the sound of a lawmower on grass... Often brings tears to my eyes I love it so much