Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

2020/21 season tickets to go on sale

Comments

• Options
    shine166 said:
    Shame there's no prices for relegation, I guess if enough people wait it out there will be a price drop for that. 
    It says there will be an increase on early bird prices if we drop into League One.
  • Options
    A possible remaining fraudulent ownership.
    No prospect of being able to go to the games.
    We may be relegated and if so there is no concrete information on what price you'll pay.
    My S/T price has increased by 12%. (Early bird to early bird pricing).
    I won't be signing up until matters become clearer.
    Our three seats as well - can't imagine anyone signing up at the moment, certainly not until the deadline date to renew the same seats at least.

• Options
    Our two are done. We are going to renew whatever division whatever the ownership. I go and watch Charlton have done for over 44 years and will continue to do so. 

I totally understand people’s concerns, but my choice is to get it done and forget about it.
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    These are the prices the club charged in the final phase last season, so the current offer is better (very few people paid these prices). I can imagine they might go there after the cut-off. However, it's complete nonsense in the current situation as they are making a 23-match offer there is no likelihood they will be able to fulfil and they can't even tell you when the games will be played. I don't think there is an easy solution, but the justified lack of trust in the club will make it a hard sell.
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    Shame there's no prices for relegation, I guess if enough people wait it out there will be a price drop for that. 
    It says there will be an increase on early bird prices if we drop into League One.
    Thats very poor use of the English language though, could have just said price reduction amd told us by how much.
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    Increase in early bird discount but doesn't say by how much. 
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    Probably to encourage people to sign up and pay early, but they'd have a pretty tough sell if they increased prices if we drop a league. 
  • Options
    Really like the idea of the first half season ticket  in any context 
  • Options
    Seems massively optimistic trying to sell STs now, as leaving aside the Charlton "issues"

1) We don't know when we will be allowed back in to watch football - with the full ST, refunds for any "behind closed doors" games won't be given until AFTER the season has finished, while the half year scheme has a £20 fee
    2) What happens if the government decides that grounds can only open at 50% capacity and a section of the ground is 70% full, e.g. lower Covered End. Or only 30% capacity, gradually increasing over a period of months? Toilet capacity might be a consideration for example in deciding how many people can enter a stand
    3) Will there be government restrictions or advice given to certain age groups in the autumn, e.g. freely opening sports stadiums but suggesting over 70s don't attend?
    4) Will the "don't travel on public transport unless it's an essential journey" advice be lifted by then...
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    Increase in early bird discount but doesn't say by how much. 
    Shows how badly worded it is as I read it as an increase in the prices not an increase in the actual discount.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    shine166 said:
    Hardly a first half though, season probably won’t start till Sept/Oct.
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Hmmmm....things must be pretty desperate financially, asking fans to let them keep the money from tickets for matches they never attended this season and selling tickets for matches fans almost certainly won’t be able to attend next season. 

Does buying on a credit card give you a 100% guarantee of a refund if they fold or just a better chance of getting one?
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Seems massively optimistic trying to sell STs now, as leaving aside the Charlton "issues"

1) We don't know when we will be allowed back in to watch football - with the full ST, refunds for any "behind closed doors" games won't be given until AFTER the season has finished, while the half year scheme has a £20 fee
    2) What happens if the government decides that grounds can only open at 50% capacity and a section of the ground is 70% full, e.g. lower Covered End. Or only 30% capacity, gradually increasing over a period of months? Toilet capacity might be a consideration for example in deciding how many people can enter a stand
    3) Will there be government restrictions or advice given to certain age groups in the autumn, e.g. freely opening sports stadiums but suggesting over 70s don't attend?
    4) Will the "don't travel on public transport unless it's an essential journey" advice be lifted by then...
    Shops all opened today, the concept of oy travelling if necessary is well and truly over.. even boris was encouraging people to go out and spend. 
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    Hardly a first half though, season probably won’t start till Sept/Oct.
    Thats also down to interpretation, clearly states 'first half of the games' but then mentions November as the start of the 2nd half of the season. 
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Theyve got 6 weeks to get varney in before July 31st or I very much doubt there will be many sold at all 
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Gotta laugh; I am holding on the ticket line waiting to clarify something with the operator. The recorded message says "2019/20 season tickets are now on sale"...……………….maybe this whole ownership nightmare, Brexit and COVID-19 was all just a terrible dream after all?? Please, God, let it be so!
  • Options
    meldrew66 said:
    Gotta laugh; I am holding on the ticket line waiting to clarify something with the operator. The recorded message says "2019/20 season tickets are now on sale"...……………….maybe this whole ownership nightmare, Brexit and COVID-19 was all just a terrible dream after all?? lol
    can you ask about prices of we go down ? Im not lazy, just no point us all clogging up the phone line !
  • Options

I would love to know how many they're selling at this moment in time.

What do you reckon, can we count total sales on both hands?

• Options
    shine166 said:
    meldrew66 said:
    Gotta laugh; I am holding on the ticket line waiting to clarify something with the operator. The recorded message says "2019/20 season tickets are now on sale"...……………….maybe this whole ownership nightmare, Brexit and COVID-19 was all just a terrible dream after all?? lol
    can you ask about prices of we go down ? Im not lazy, just no point us all clogging up the phone line !
    Will do. Still waiting. 17 minutes now.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2020

There are some who would renew straight away regardless of any circumstances whatsoever, at a total guess maybe 500 to 1,000 fall into that category. 
  • Options
    Believe me I don't want to be giving the club money at all in this shit show of an ownership. 
    However, we love our seats, I don't care what division we are in, if we are in championship then obviously a bonus. 
    Add to the fact I have an 8 year old who has missed going to the valley like mad and its our family thing we do together I'd like to ensure we keep our seats.
    a 'brave' and very generous decision
  • Options
    How can they ask people now for money, the clowns who run ESI have already nicked £2m+.

Pass the EFL tests (all of em) and might consider a purchase via credit card.

But for now not a fing chance as it's likely to go same way as the previous lot.

A change in ownership makes no difference to me, same smell different shit.
    they're not clowns, but thieving c*****ts
  • Options

There will always be people happy to throw their money away regardless of the mess the club is in. I find i staggering that anybody would buy/renew a season ticket under the current circumstances but you can guarantee there will be. 
  • Options
    I understand that all things admin are very difficult for the club under the current circumstances. There is also the much overlooked fact that the one thing Roland did for me was cut the price of my season ticket five or six years ago. I suspect that we have benefitted from relatively low pricing for some time although I have not researched this. However. Leaving aside all Covid related issues - when will we actually be able to attend in person etc - and forgetting about in-season price hikes, the simple fact is that I paid £325 for my ST two seasons ago and £355 last season. At the same early bird price point they are expecting me to pay a minimum of £400 this time round with an extremely high possibility that we will be relegated. That’s an increase of 23% in two years.  I would be seriously questioning that given my personal circumstances at the moment regardless of the wider issues.  Adding back in the other factors (not buying until some clarity is likely to mean another 5% rise/will we have credible owners etc etc) and this becomes a Norfolk and chance scenario I’m afraid.  Add to this the lamentable efforts at providing a refund/online viewing of remain matched scenario that makes any sense and I come to the conclusion that our club is simply incapable of organising a farting competition in a baked beans factory. It really beggars belief. Rapidly falling out of love with it all. 

• Options
    I'm I being completely thick on this but will that price be lowered when we get relegated to league 1?? 
    Sorry if??
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    I'm I being completely thick on this but will that price be lowered when we get relegated to league 1?? 
    Sorry if??
    Meldrew is going to ask on the phone if he ever gets through, its certainly worded confusingly 
  • Options
    The increased cost of season tickets is understandable. After all, we have flats, range rovers and bitches to pay for 
  • Options
    _MrDick said:
    The increased cost of season tickets is understandable. After all, we have flats, range rovers and bitches to pay for 
    They aren't flats since she had the implants.