Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Line up v Scunthorpe

edited July 2007 in General Charlton
We've signed 8 players and most seem OK to me. Though have to say I've not heard of some of them. We've lost a few players, but I really have no idea what our first 11 is. Could anyone accurately name the line up against Scunthorpe right now?

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2007
    weaver

young bougherra tmccarthy gibbs or powell or maggie

christensen reid holland thomas

todorov varney

or

randolph

french u21 bloke diawarra mccarthy gibbs or powell or maggie

ambrose holland reid christensen or thomas

iwelumo bent
  • Options
    who's Taylor?
  • Options
    Weaver
    Young Diawara Bougherra Thatcher
    Christensen Holland Reid Thomas
    Todorov Varney

That would be my guess right now, but I also think Pards will pick up a midfielder or two before the start of the coming campaign and hopefully they'll be quality enough to slot straight in. Christensen the only one i struggled with could be Ambrose, I might change my mind after watching Welling and Braga!
  • Options
    Mart i was wondering the same thing?!
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: RedArmySE7[/cite]Mart i was wondering the same thing?![/quote]

it could be martin taylor from Brum who we were linked with a while back. Ledge could be itk.
  • Options
    Ahh, still prefer my line up, never ratin him to be fair. But then i didn't see much up the Championship last season so don't know how he faired. I jst remember him being at fault for a lot of the goals they shipped when relegated the year before us.
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    lol i meant mccarthy frm leicester

also known as paddy
  • Options
    Isn't it Mc someting? I'm sure its not Taylor?
  • Options
    yeah you lost me!
  • Options
    Yeah not a bad shout tho, he could be a starter, Leicester fans didn't seem to rate him, but then they might just be bitter. He was their skipper after all and if Pards does get the Central midfielder we desperately need in my eyes then i think Holland will be a bit part palyer so not Captain so maybe Paddy has potential in that area?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    if Holland doesn't play (i think he will) then i reckon the captain could be Mullins (if he comes) or Thatcher.
  • Options
    Possibly yeah, I think the Mullins deal will hinge on whether West Ham can get in another central midfielder. hey linked with Nolan from Bolton. If they get him and no one from the Prem goes in for Mullins we'll probably get him. But part of me thinks if it was gonna get done it would of by now. However in theory Transfer window only been open a week cos players contracts usually end their year on 1st July. So more activity should happen now.
  • Options
    Weaver
    Young/Moutaouaki - McCarthy - Bougherra - Thatcher
    Thomas - Holland - Ambrose/Mullins - Reid
    Varney - Iwelumo

Line-up depends if Young is or isn't sold and whether we get Mullins. Reckon he'll move Ambrose into the middle like he did a couple of times last year. He'll get more work rate out of Ambrose in the middle than he will with Reid there.
  • Options
    Not much mention of Gibbs ! I think he will be a big feature this season ?
  • Options
    weaver
    moutaouakil - paddy - bougherra - thatcher
    christensen/ambrose - holland - SOMEONE (walton?) - reid

todorov - varney

subs: randolph, semedo, gibbs, CENTREMID iwelumo

im prob completely wrong...ive based this on the fact that i think diawara, thomas, romm, and young will be leaving us.
  • Options
    Fat boy Nicky

Young - McCarthy - Boogie - Thatcher

Sharon - Holland - Walton - Reid

Varney - Iwelumo

But thats going on who we have available at the moment. Doubtless Young will leave and Reidy probably won't be fit
  • Options
    Weaver

Young - Diawara - Boogie - Thatcher

Christensen - Holland - Ambrose or Reid - thomas

Varney - Iwelumo

Plus we've got some talent on the bench - suddenly it's looking good to me in the run up to Palace away.

Maybe some of these will have left by then but who needs them if they don't want to put last year right?
  • Options
    If fit, Todorov will be hard to leave out. He's a Premiership class striker who has been top scorer in this league. Young will leave and will be replaced by Moutaouakil. We will also be bringing in at least one, probably two central midfielders.

My guess is....

Weaver

Moutaouakil - McCarthy - Bougherra - Thatcher

Ambrose - Holland - NEW SIGNING - Reid

Todorov - Varney

SUBS: Iwulemo, Christensen, Semedo, Gibbs, Randolph.
  • Options
    I'm hoping that walton will be up to the job next season. Faye will probably still be about and i think will actually turn out to be useful. Having said that another midfielder is essential. Reid and ambrose need to be kept on the wings we'll get slaughtered with one of them and holland in the middle of a 4 man midfield.

weaver

mout - soulman - bougieman - thatcher

ambrose - holland/new signing - walton/new signing - reid

todorov - varney

bench: randolph, mccarthy, faye, thomas, iwelumo
  • Options
    I cant wait for the start of the season.......
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not seeing much mention of M Bent. How are we going to get rid?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]Not seeing much mention of M Bent. How are we going to get rid?

dont know if we will be able to.... dont know what we can do with that guy....