Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Hull v Charlton | Match Thread | Saturday 20th June

Comments

• Deji has been a bit erratic, but overall we've defended very well, including midfield cover. Morgan has been class, he's always had the passing vision, and now he seems to have added some steel too

I think we need to keep the ball better, Bonne and Hemed have tended to go for the 1 in 10 flickons.

Hull aren't out of this match, but look a poor side. You can see them struggling for the rest of the season, they lack quality

• Couple more goals from us and a few more from Reading (against Stoke) makes up for the six goals we conceded right before lockdown and puts our Goal Difference at a superior position again
  • Oshilaja is a mistake waiting to happen. Can see him giving away a PK. 
  • Morgan has been great but feel like LB will hook him early second half.

Purrington on for Deji during HT

I’d also bring Williams on for McGeady, but could stomach waiting til ~60 mins
  • Good performance so far. 
  • We’re not really in a position where we can easily take McGeady off for anyone other than Doughty. Bowyer’s gone full Curbs here playing a midfield four with one winger and one centre mid out wide. If we take McGeady off it has to be to replace width with width or the whole shape will go
  • Bonne is playing the second striker role. He’s not slow but definitely not a natural fit.

He should’ve done better when he’s been in the box though. That shot was going well wide.
  • edited June 2020
    Shame Green is missing today, with the way Hemed is playing his different style may have been better suited than Bonne. 
  • McGeady probably having one of his better games but I still don’t really see what he brings to the team. 

Matthews and Hemed playing very well. Would like to see more for Bonne to run on to. 
    One of those players who drifts though games but might do something special - took down a difficult pass from Hemed to get a good shot on target and his back heel flick to Deji got us into a great position that was a big toenail away from being a goal. Plus he scores goals and we need more of them. He looks more motivated than he did early in his loan. He’s not an all action player though, by any stretch of the imagination. 
  • ct_addick said:
    Oshilaja is a mistake waiting to happen. Can see him giving away a PK. 
    Doesnt help he's not got a left foot so is being attacked on his wrong side...

Its not just about being out of position but this left boot is also closest to the ball which'll make his life awkward
  • Sponsored links:

• I'm hoping with Bonne it's just a "getting used to the pace of the game again" thing, and he'll get back into it as the game goes on.
  • https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53121719

It seems elsewhere there was a problem with iFollow, with people not being able to log in until 3:30
  • edited June 2020
    To be fair I'd say the only who hasnt overly impressed today is Bonne

And thats because he's the sort to run off the shoulder of the defender and hasnt really had many opportunities on the ball

At the moment I'd consider the five subs to be:

Williams for McGeady
    Aneke for Bonne
    Field for Pratley
    Purrington for Oshilaja

Then keep Sarr back if we need him on the pitch as a replacement for Pearce (he'll surely tire more than Lockyer) or whether we do need to go ultra defensive towards the end
    While you can use 5 subs I’m pretty sure you can only bring subs on 3 times, makes sense otherwise teams could keep subbing at the end of the game to waste time.
  • Bonne will pick it up but left back sort & should be good
  • Scoham said:

And thats because he's the sort to run off the shoulder of the defender and hasnt really had many opportunities on the ball

Williams for McGeady
    Aneke for Bonne
    Field for Pratley
    Purrington for Oshilaja

Then keep Sarr back if we need him on the pitch as a replacement for Pearce (he'll surely tire more than Lockyer) or whether we do need to go ultra defensive towards the end
    Pretty sure you can only bring subs on 3 times, makes sense otherwise teams could keep subbing at the end of the game to waste time.
    You can make 2 extra at half time can't you? So 5 total. 
  • Subs are going to be vital here.
  • And can you not bring 2 players on during one “sub” and still have that count only as one?
  • RedRyan said:
    And can you not bring 2 players on during one “sub” and still have that count only as one?
    Yes.
  • CMON U REDS
  • Sponsored links:

• The Addicks are back out for the second half. A big second 45 to go....come on, lads! #cafc
  • Scoham said:

Williams for McGeady
    Aneke for Bonne
    Field for Pratley
    Purrington for Oshilaja

While you can use 5 subs I’m pretty sure you can only bring subs on 3 times, makes sense otherwise teams could keep subbing at the end of the game to waste time.
    Correct of course what I say about the changes, two would have to happen at once on two occasions 
  • As has been said, it would be sensible to replace Oshi with Purrington at half time. Apart from playing out of position and taking a few knocks, the guy is on a yellow and will be walking a tightrope. Hull are bound to target him. Around the hour mark, I can also see Williams coming on for McGeady and Field for Pratters, with Doughty and Aneke getting on at some stage.

We've looked a bit shaky down the left and have a tendency to go long a bit too often but have had some very good spells of play and Albie has been boss in midfield. We have no other player with his range of passing. Bonne has been a bit off it and we have to hope that Hemed can keep up his level in the second half - his best performance for us so far.
  • No changes, Oshilaja still on... 
  • edited June 2020
    We were found wanting and exposed at times
    Hopefully a good half time talk from jacko and bows to sort and tighten areas up
  • Surprised no subs at all...
  • Posted at47'

Angus MacDonald (Hull City) wins a free kick on the right wing.

Posted at47'

Foul by Macauley Bonne (Charlton Athletic).

• First shot of Bowyer having a whinge at the officials 46 mins
  • LB not great with subs. Hope this doesn’t hurt us. Absolute insult to other players IMO
  • Let’s hope we’re all smiling in an hour’s time
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!