Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Serious stabbing incident in Reading

A number of people have been stabbed in a serious incident in a park in Reading.

It is thought that three people may have died as a result, although that has not yet been officially confirmed.

The attack happened at Forbury Gardens at about 19:00 BST but neither the number of injured or fatalities have been officially confirmed by police.

Thames Valley Police said a man was arrested at the scene and was now in custody.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-berkshire-53123975

Comments

• edited June 2020
    Sky saying it’s terror related. Libyan national . 
  • Saying 3 dead
  • I live in Reading. 

Forbury is a very popular park in the middle of the town centre so would've had hundreds of people in sitting enjoying the sunshine. 

Looks like one person was arrested at the scene. Armed police a few hours later stormed a property on Basingstoke road (a flat in a bit of a rough area). 

Sources saying it's a terror attack. 
  • "Thames Valley Police has launched a murder investigation after three people were killed in Reading.

Officers were called to Forbury Gardens at about 7pm yesterday (20/6) following reports that a number of people had been stabbed.

Officers attended along with the ambulance service and a number of people were injured and taken to hospital.

Tragically, three of these people died, and another three sustained serious injuries.

A 25-year-old man from Reading was detained at the scene and has been arrested on suspicion of murder. He is currently in police custody.

Detective Chief Superintendent Ian Hunter, Head of Crime, said: “The Thames Valley Police Major Crime Unit has launched a murder investigation following this incident.

“We have made one arrest and at this stage we are not looking for any other people in connection with this incident. There is no intelligence to suggest that there is any further danger to the public, however we urge people to remain vigilant and report anything suspicious by calling police.

“This is not currently being treated as a terrorism incident, however officers are keeping an open mind as to the motivation for the incident and are being supported by colleagues from Counter Terrorism Policing South East."

• I live in Reading. 

Forbury is a very popular park in the middle of the town centre so would've had hundreds of people in sitting enjoying the sunshine. 

Looks like one person was arrested at the scene. Armed police a few hours later stormed a property on Basingstoke road (a flat in a bit of a rough area). 

We're in Reading too
  • I live in Reading. 

We're in Reading too
    When I worked in Reading I’d often each my lunch in the Forbury. Very sad indeed. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!