Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Luke young off 4 4million any truth

edited July 2007 in General Charlton
Reported Aston Villa and Everton both interested,paper talk as per usual but would be a good deal for us,will it happen,who knows..

Comments

• Options
    Yup, I'll take that.
  • Options
    Seeing as we've given Sankofa a new deal and bought Moutaouakil, it looks like Pardew doesn't expect to have Young for next season. £4.4m is a good price so I'd take that as well
  • Options
    if they are offering that i'd take it, and buy them a beer to say thanks
  • Options
    On the football rumours site (yeah I know it rubbish) but Young swap for Carson, Song in for 1.5, Mullins 1m and a young Arsenal centre midfielder on loan.
  • Options
    today's Daily Mail says we're asking £4.5 mill for him.
  • Options
    So we should as well.

The fella is one of the best 3 right backs in the country and is just about to enter the prime of his career.

Assuming his ankle is ok now, if we cant get £4m for him then dont sell. He can play all across the back four, and he is far and away the best defender we have left (sorry Stone).
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Couldn't agree more, however if he was a bit part player for Chelsea or Liverpool he would have got more games for England. As regular starters for the small fry don't play for England do they.....
  • Options
    When you see someone like Koumas go for over £5m, then that is no inflated price for a defender who is solid at the top level.
  • Options
    Koumas has gone for how much?!?!
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    his ankle is recovered now
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Southendaddick[/cite]So we should as well.

The fella is one of the best 3 right backs in the country and is just about to enter the prime of his career.

Assuming his ankle is ok now, if we cant get £4m for him then dont sell. He can play all across the back four, and he is far and away the best defender we have left (sorry Stone).

Exactly what I've said previously. Completely agree with you.
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    His ankle looked fine back end of last season - no problems there.
  • Options
    I've never been Luke Youngs biggest fan, for me he had one good season when he deservadely picked up player of the season. However I think a stint in the CCC is exactly wat he needs, he's been defending against some of the best wingers in the world week in week out and i honestly believe the CCC will not pose as much threat to him, i beleive he'll be buzzing next season if we keep him and will prove to be key in our title/promotion hopes.
  • Options
    Would love him to stay, but bearing in mind that Ashley Cole went for £8m, I'd happily take £3m.

None of this £2m rubbish thats being quoted by lazy tabloid journalists.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: pete_tong1[/cite]On the football rumours site (yeah I know it rubbish) but Young swap for Carson, Song in for 1.5, Mullins 1m and a young Arsenal centre midfielder on loan.
    I would be pissed if we brought Mullins, especially for that price.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: cunningstunt87[/cite]Would love him to stay, but bearing in mind that Ashley Cole went for £8m, I'd happily take £3m.

None of this £2m rubbish thats being quoted by lazy tabloid journalists.[/quote]

But Gallas went in the other direction, plus £5m, valuing Cole at £16m.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: pete_tong1[/cite]On the football rumours site (yeah I know it rubbish) but Young swap for Carson, Song in for 1.5, Mullins 1m and a young Arsenal centre midfielder on loan.

That site cracks me up - there is a Leeds fan on there today who reckons they are about to sign Buffon from Juventus or Casillas and Diarra from Real Madrid. I reckon this site is actually government run and is used as a way to track all the nut jobs that are out there.
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    got you sussed then eh?
  • Options
    BFR - Apologies. Got my facts wrong. I thought Gallas was a seperate deal.

Double that. Make Young £6m
  • Options
    Young will go for probably less than 3 mill
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Young would have gone last season had he not failed a medical at west ham (Did anyone really believe all that Dowie talked him into staying bollox).

If he didn't want to stay when we were in the prem, why would he want to stay now we're in the CCC?

£4.4m would be a great deal.
  • Options
    Do you think the Board will hold out for the full £16.5m? ;-)
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    no they have gone soft now, i bet they will accept $12m + a player ;-)