Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Chris Farnell

Chris Farnell

@chris_Farnell

Replying to 

@andysolihullred

Unfortunately we need to wait until the EFL have responded before we can comment further. We do not wish to repeat the mistakes of the previous regime.

9:02 AM · Jun 30, 2020·Twitter for Android

Comments

• This was exactly the same response I got from him pretty much verbatim via email.
  • Think he needs to explain something though 

Where are we with the EFL - Have there been positive noises from them so far or has it been complete radio silence as they deal with the COVID fallout

I get the reason for the approach but surely the best one would be somewhere in between complete silence (what they're doing) and what we had from the previous regime 
  • edited June 2020
  • It was a reasonable response when the sale first happened.

As the weeks drag on and the EFL have not, to our best knowledge, signed off the new owner/s and  companies house has not been updated it gets ever more unreasonable.
    Agreed. That's why in my opinion I think it is perfectly reasonable for CAST to follow up with Elliott and challenge this continued response.

Considerable time elapsed between the announcement of the previous takeover and fans learning that there was an issue with providing sufficient detail to the EFL on funding, resulting in a transfer embargo and then an investigation. Elliott and Farnell are trying to portray themselves as being more prudent by not talking to CAST until the EFL are satisfied. However, an alternative view is that perhaps they are not sufficiently confident they can satisfy the EFL requirements, therefore perhaps better not to engage with CAST.

I would have thought that a solid new owner with sufficient funds in place would be very confident of satisfying the EFL and therefore happy to engage with supporters.

• edited June 2020
    it’s a pity the EFL are so fing useless as well but I guess villains play on this and is why so many bent people are involved in football.

its rotten from top to bottom.
  • Sponsored links:

• I am not saying there is a deliberate criminal conspiracy going on to exploit and defraud the club of everything it has or might have until everything is stripped bare.
    Nope, there is definitely no organised criminal behaviour going on around Charlton Athletic.
    The only reason all these people are involved is sporting progress and success.
    Obviously.
  • So did Farnell only get involved with us when Nimer realised the game was up or was he around at the same time as Nimer first got involved?
  • So did Farnell only get involved with us when Nimer realised the game was up or was he around at the same time as Nimer first got involved?
    Or did Farnell get involved and tell Nimer the game was up to instigate the fall of Matthew Southall?

By my reckoning Farnell first spoke on the record, as Nimer's brief, 2 or 3 days after the pitches and nice breads rant.  Funny how he got a brief so quickly, in a foreign country and it just so happened to be the one Southall knocked.

Small world isn't it? 
  • Rob7Lee said:
    not enough swearing or ranting and raving …..
  • Any reason this shouldn't be on Bonkers Shenanigans?
  • edited June 2020
    Stig said:
    Any reason this shouldn't be on Bonkers Shenanigans?
    It is mate posted by the Trust 😉.
  • Stig said:
    Any reason this shouldn't be on Bonkers Shenanigans?
    Because it's not bonkers enough? 
  • Direct hit! Holed beneath the water line.
  • as I posted on the 'bonkers' thread:

if anyone has concerns about Chris Farnell you could always raise them with the Solicitors Regulation Authority https://www.sra.org.uk/consumers/problems/report-solicitor who may or may not act if they received hundreds of emails.

• Sponsored links:

• as I posted on the 'bonkers' thread:

if anyone has concerns about Chris Farnell you could always raise them with the Solicitors Regulation Authority https://www.sra.org.uk/consumers/problems/report-solicitor who may or may not act if they received hundreds of emails.

Not publicly discussing his clients business in public and a hunch he "might be a bit dodgy" isn't a regulatory matter is it. 

What, exactly, would you accuse him of? 
  • I'm not expert in this sort of stuff at all but if the club were to end up being owned by any of the following would there be any scope for it being seen as a "conflict of interest" based in the fact that Farnell has previous links to all the following in some shape or form. I may well be clutching at straws in desperation of course. Is he acting for Nemer or everybody?

Bassini - Bolton W past dealings
    Jenkins - Swansea past dealings
    Elliot - "Who the Fuck Is Elliot" nice belt though.. Set up Lex Dominus with Farnell 11647777

Mohamed Sayed Zein ELKASHASHY - Staunch Partners set up in Nov.

The key to all this maybe who approached who? Farnell to Nemer - Nemer to Farnell and when did the relationship start?

• I'm not expert in this sort of stuff at all but if the club were to end up being owned by any of the following would there be any scope for it being seen as a "conflict of interest" based in the fact that Farnell has previous links to all the following in some shape or form. I may well be clutching at straws in desperation of course. Is he acting for Nemer or everybody?

Bassini - Bolton W past dealings
    Jenkins - Swansea past dealings
    Elliot - "Who the Fuck Is Elliot" nice belt though.. Set up Lex Dominus with Farnell 11647777

Mohamed Sayed Zein ELKASHASHY - Staunch Partners set up in Nov.

The key to all this maybe who approached who? Farnell to Nemer - Nemer to Farnell and when did the relationship start?

Farnell approached Nimer late Feb, or first week of March, on the top off from the vanishing CFO.  

That's where my money is. 
  • Looks like Farnell still working on the case involving the Swans Trust at Swansea 

“As members will be aware from several previous Trust statements (some still publicly available on the Trust website), the Trust first proposed mediation as long ago as 18th May 2018 in its Claim Letter sent to the Club’s American owners and Huw Jenkins and other selling shareholders. This was sent in order to comply with the High Court’s Practice Direction, which sets out what parties in dispute should do prior to issuing court proceedings. It lays down a maximum timeline of three months within which the defendant parties should provide a full written response to the claim. Whilst the owners eventually provided a belated response, nine months later the Trust was still waiting for one from the Huw Jenkins and others represented by IPS Law. Finally, last Friday Chris Farnell of IPS Law informed our legal representatives that he had been instructed not to provide a detailed response to the claim letter, demonstrating that his clients had no intention of complying with the Practice Direction – and opening themselves to costs sanctions from the court if or when proceedings have to be issued against them.”