Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Cardiff City v Charlton Athletic | Tuesday 30 June 2020 6pm ko

Comments

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    wmcf123 said:
    I don’t see us scoring with that team 
    You watch, Aneke hattrick first 6 minutes.
    Subbed exhausted after 9
  • Options
    Must be careful with Matthews, has had a lot of injuries in the past, so a rest makes sense, and is our only out and out RB thanks to that prick Solly
  • Options
    It might be that George Lapslie lines up as right back / right wing back
  • Options
    Ha ha nobody would have guessed that line up.
    In Bow's we trust.

Great to see JFK back in the line up, wing back I presume. Hope it works out for him after his injury nightmare.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    wmcf123 said:
    I don’t see us scoring with that team 
    You watch, Aneke hattrick first 6 minutes.
    Subbed exhausted after 9
    That’s more likely.  If I am wrong and we batter them, I will be ecstatic. 
  • Options
    Not expecting anything from this - a point would be massive - so am excited to see how this changed line up performs!
  • Options
    JFC is the player I'm most nervous about tonight. If he's fully up to speed he'll be quite the asset
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Don't mind that lineup, but really surprising that both Williams AND Purrington have been on the bench for all 3 games so far, when before the resumption most people would have pencilled them in as starters. You have to assume that both aren't in as good condition/form as many of the other p[layers.
    Not sure I'd agree with that, Killer.

I reckon more to do with Bowyer's gameplans, horses for courses and all that.

Both Williams and Purrington will play their part in the run in.

But 3 games is a 3rd of the mini-season. It's not as if Purrington was being kept out by an orthodox LB either
    But Purrington was kept out by tactical change in the gameplan. Bowyer had explained why.

If tonight's gameplan hits the rocks and we need to change formation/chase the result, I'm pretty sure we'll see either or both..

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    This one is ready.

Timing means she can just about be allowed to join in! 

She said 'Can I be super Charlton'

Obviously I agreed.

congratulations on your lovely daughter @Dazzler21
  • Options
    Any news on Hemed as he's not even on the bench and not named as rested ?
  • Options
    Injured
  • Options
    Keep it tight lads. That goal diff could be crucial.
    COYR
  • Options
    Bacuna gets off for Huddersfield so he just goes and signs for Cardiff instead - crafty
  • Options
    LenGlover said:
    Injured
    Do we know with what ?
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    JFC is the player I'm most nervous about tonight. If he's fully up to speed he'll be quite the asset
    Agree with that, Leuth.

In fact, Field, Cullen and Field are all very tidy in their touch and passing - but we will we see a killer pass threaded through, like Morgan is capable of? Wait and see, I guess.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    The players take a knee prior to kick-off.... #cafc
  • Options
    Well I'm in, having rebooted my laptop and then had to field the traditional prematch phone call from Mum and Dad to talk them through getting in to the coverage. I have no expectations of this game at all, but remember how pretty much everyone raised their eyebrows at Deji being left back so am not going to worry about the unusual team selection.
  • Options
    KICK-OFF | 1' We are off and under way here at Cardiff City Stadium... Watch live: http://live.cafc.co.uk #ccfc 0 #cafc 0
  • Options
    Sage said:
    Have none of you lot learnt anything?

Question Bowyer, his lineups and his tactics at your peril. How many times does he do something like this and it pulls off? Have some faith.

The team is still strong, it’s exciting I think, and we have 5 subs if we need to change it up.
    Yeah totally. I still think it's still a strong team, just not our strongest, and feel that maybe we have rotated a little to much. In my opinion we probably have more chance of beating Cardiff then Millwall, so would have liked to see something between the too. That being said we got more chance of beating Liverpool then Millwall.

Sage, why no Williams in your view? 
  • Options
    COYA
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    Well I'm in, having rebooted my laptop and then had to field the traditional prematch phone call from Mum and Dad to talk them through getting in to the coverage. I have no expectations of this game at all, but remember how pretty much everyone raised their eyebrows at Deji being left back so am not going to worry about the unusual team selection.
    Before you put the kettle on, Ali .... any chabce you make this thread a sticky, pls? 

• Options
    Why the hell are we wearing black tonight?! 
  • Options
    Will take a draw. 

COYR!!!
  • Options
    Talal said:
    Why the hell are we wearing black tonight?! 
    So the opposition can't see us when it gets dark.

• Options
    Oggy Red said:
    aliwibble said:
    Before you put the kettle on, Ali .... any chabce you make this thread a sticky, pls? 

Think that's done Oggy, can you check?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!