Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

WARNING! thieves stole Freelander Cataylitic converter

I was parked up in Glenlea rd next to Eltham station, on Friday morning, whilst I went up town to get the nippers passport before we went to Euro Disney.

While I was gone some nice chaps removed the Catalytic converter from my car, by cutting the exhaust pipe and causing over a grand worth of damage to my motor. According to the dealership there has been a spate of these in the last fortnight - 15 was mentioned.

Of course I rang the police as well as reporting the theft, they knew nothing..

added car as these higher four by fours may be vulnerable - that'll teach me won't it..

Comments

• Options
    That's just outrageous- and presumable someone must have seen this happening.

Unlucky mate!
  • Options
    Thats just bollox, this countries going to the dogs!!

As an aside Raz, what car ya got, so anyone with that kind of car can watch out? (or put some spikes on there cat converter!)
  • Options
    i may be asking a dumb question ,
    but what good is a cat converter on its own, or whats the reason theres a lot being stolen
  • Options
    Because parts of them are made of platinum.
  • Options
    Because they're expensive parts
  • Options
    its a bloody joke,
    you can't own anything decent over there without it being nicked
    i'm glad i'm outa there what with stealing cat coverters and people getting bashed walking up the road by gangs,
    what has it come to
  • Options
    yeah my mate works for freelander assistance and he has been called out to loads of this.

do you know why - they sell it for scrap get about £400 for it,
  • Options
    Platiunm in them, they sell to china..
  • Options
    I've got some cheap Platinum if anyone's interested.

Bit big for jewellry mind.