Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Planning laws bonfire

Reading the superb work CAST has done around the protection of the Valley from development has been comforting. 
But now Cummings has told Johnson to loosen existing laws around residential development by removing planning restrictions are things going to change? 

Comments

• Options
    We're going to Build, Build, Build .....

(I give this thread 10 minutes)
  • Options
    It's already build, build, build in Kent!
  • Options
    Maidstone council have approved the proposal on Capstone valley. God knows how they get a say but they have 

Medway and Tracey Crouch MP have objected it. Fuckers are playing the long game 
  • Options
    It's mental in Maidstone, I wish they would improve the infrastructure before allowing more builds.
  • Options
    We don't know yet. We had a policy document in March called Planning for the Future which promised a White Paper in the Spring. That has yet to be produced, presumably due to Covid.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/872091/Planning_for_the_Future.pdf

The emphasis in the policy document was on building on brownfield land and extending existing buildings upwards together with the introduction of American style zoning laws (which are radically different from planning). 
  • Options
    Glovepup said:
    It's mental in Maidstone, I wish they would improve the infrastructure before allowing more builds.
    Cue......Addickted.
  • Options
    Glovepup said:
    They are building a load more in Langley, appalling place to get to and from. The version of infrastructure in this case is a Costa, Aldi and a Toby Carvery. Corporate, processed vandalism of the highest order 

• Options
    Carter said:
    Maidstone council have approved the proposal on Capstone valley. God knows how they get a say but they have 

Quite often the local council feel they must approve planning, despite knowing it's the wrong development in the wrong place.

Reason: If the local council refuses planning consent, the developer will appeal at Government department level - the local council know refusal will be overturned and planning approved regardless.

And the Council will have to pay all costs of the appeal.

The whole process stinks and makes a mockery of what planning law was intended for.

But then Government don't care about that ..... all the developer has to do is make a donation to Conservative Party funds and they are assured of planning approval.

• Options
    Carter said:

Capstone Valley is lovely. If they do build there it will cause gridlock in Lordswood & Hempstead and ruin one of the last green lungs in Medway.  It is sheer madness.

• Options
    Carter said:

Capstone Valley is lovely. If they do build there it will cause gridlock in Lordswood & Hempstead and ruin one of the last green lungs in Medway.  It is sheer madness.

The developer wants big profits. 

They wouldn't build otherwise.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I moved where I live now because of the proximity to Capstone Valley and the views, walks, general niceness and greenery. Medway council are actually being fairly sensible about it but the developers think every resident is as stupid as we look. 

The latest proposal got approved with access being via Hempstead lane as opposed to North Dane way which would have needed a phenomenal amount of money spent on it to become an option so they are having access via a road about 2.6 metres wide. idiots 
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Carter said:

The latest proposal got approved with access being via Hempstead lane as opposed to North Dane way which would have needed a phenomenal amount of money spent on it to become an option so they are having access via a road about 2.6 metres wide. idiots 
    It's about maximising profits. 

The developer is not going to want to pay for an access that needs big money spent on it.

They are not interested in safety or preventing traffic congestion because of their development.
    That's for Highways/Council to put right and pay for in years to come.

They'll spend only the bare minimum that the development could cost them.
    It's about maximising profits remember.

Idiots? No,not them ....... they think you are the idiots. And they get approval because they know they always can.

• Options
    Glovepup said:
    Cue......Addickted.
    Now I'm retired, it doesn't affect me as it did a year or so ago.

Will probably sell up next year and move somewhere quieter anyway now the mortgage is paid off.