Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

RIP Ennio Morricone

The Italian composer has passed aged 91. RIP Ennio

Comments

• Options
    RIP
  • Options
    RIP - Know my parents will be sad to hear that as they were always fans of his
  • Options
    Musical maestro .. R I P
  • Options
    I knew about the big hits and the famous movies but didn't realise he'd scored for over 500 films. An amazing legacy to leave.

RIP. 
  • Options
    A true musical heavyweight - supremely talented.

RIP
  • Options
    Amazing legacy. Not sure whether I would choose the Ecstacy of Gold or Gabriel's Oboe as my favourite. 
  • Options
    The greatest, no one ever has come close. His relationship with Sergio leone was awe inspiring. That final showdown scene in the good, the bad and the ugly is three blokes staring at each other for 5 minutes, but the direction and music are so masterful those 5 minutes are some of the most absorbing in cinema.

one lesser known spaghetti western - but my personal favourite, Sergio Corbucci’s “the great silence” soundtrack is written by morricone. It’s so beautiful. 
  • Options
    The Great Silence is my favourite ever spaghetti Western. Great score. My favourite score of his is from Duck You Sucker/Fistful of Dynamite.
  • Options
    RIP - loved every score of his I've ever heard, particularly the Leone collaborations. I remember him having a top 5 hit in about 1981 with the theme from the TV series on Lloyd George. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Fantastic composer, and one of my fave's.  Had some of his music played at my wedding (Diana's song from OUATIA). RIP Maestro.
  • Options
    One of the greats alongside John Williams, Dimitri Tiomkin, Elmer Bernstein. My own favourites were the scores for The Legend of 1900, Cinema Paradiso and Once Upon a Time in the West. RIP sir. You truly were a legend.
  • Options
    Sad news to start the week. Will watch Cinema Paradiso tonight.

RIP Maestro.
  • Options
    Wrote simply the best musical score ever, IMHO; namely 'The Good the Bad and the Ugly'.  The music makes the film and takes you to another place - simply sublime.  That it is the only movie music soundtrack album that I own says it all.

A genius.  RIP.
  • Options
    Agree.
    A musical genius simple (or as complex) as that.
    RIP.
  • Options
    Often have his music on on the workshop. RIP
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    A genius. No more can be said. R.I.P.

Here is a treat for fans that might not have seen it before.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RST-R5A1jZ4
  • Options
    RIP to a musical genius
  • Options
    A genius. No more can be said. R.I.P.

Here is a treat for fans that might not have seen it before.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RST-R5A1jZ4
    Wow. Fantastic. Just watched the first 5 minutes. Will watch the whole thing later.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    RIP 
  • Options
    up there with the great John Barry
  • Options
    NugNug
    edited July 2020
    RIP. Absolute legend. Love this music from The Mission and I'm not a big classical music fan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYtsus6ekE4
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    Was lucky enough to see him at the O2 in 2018, didn't think I would like it but wow was totally mesmerised by his music.
    RIP
  • Options
    This is just complete genius. The entire soundtrack is phenomenal given he was working with some quite strict budgetary constraints and thus had to innovate with a limited number of musicians/instruments.

RIP - we have lost an utter musical legend.
  • Options
    There’s a snippet of The Mission that gets me every time. He did so much more than TGTBATU, so I suppose it’s a testament to that theme that he has one movie above many others that’s so well remembered. 

Once Upon A Time In The West is probably my favourite. Would like to learn the harmonica just to play that. 
  • Options
    rananegra said:
    RIP - loved every score of his I've ever heard, particularly the Leone collaborations. I remember him having a top 5 hit in about 1981 with the theme from the TV series on Lloyd George. 
    Chi Mai, beautiful piece of music
    https://youtu.be/ajI2OPRfTps
  • Options
    Watched cinema paradiso last night, had never seen it before - what a wonderful film, and a wonderful score.