Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Brentford v Charlton match thread 7.7.2020

Comments

• Options
    Just looking at the top scorers in our division Brentford have 3 of the top 9 scorers.

23,15 and 14 goals respectively, our goalmouth could be peppered like the blitz tonight!

COYR!!!!
  • Options
    SamB09 said:
    Wheres hemed?
    Rested I imagine as wasnt involved last Tuesday either
    ...or Friday from what i saw
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    if that starting line up wins the game  scores a goal ,  then football is corrupt
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Dazzler21 said:
    A team full of goals.......not.

We have a mis-firing striker so we surround him with players that dont score.

Williams not scored at all for us......ever.
    JFC not scored this season
    Cullen not scored in open play & just 1 pen.
    Field not scored.
    He's been injured most of it!
    Ok, I'll give him that. Just how many has he scored for us over the past 3 seasons ? I'm useless with stats but I doubt you'll need more than one hand to use to count them on.
    Pretty sure he's near double figures. 

Edit 8G 13A
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Perhaps Golfie thinks Bowyer and Jackson should have kept their registrations going 😉.
  • Options
    Sounds to me like Hemed is injured. Or not playing after 30 June?
  • Options
    The last two weeks for me personally have been utter shite so watching us get taking apart by Brentford tonight won't even be the worst part. 
  • Options
    kafka said:
    SamB09 said:
    Wheres hemed?
    Rested I imagine as wasnt involved last Tuesday either
    ...or Friday from what i saw
    Certainly took a breather when Cooper went away from him to score 😏.
  • Options
    Sounds to me like Hemed is injured. Or not playing after 30 June?
    He played against Millwall, he’s not 100% fit.
  • Options
    Why are we not playing pratley? I don't care if its too defensive.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Maybe because he's 35 and needs a rest.
  • Options
    Be interesting to know what team others would go with if they don’t like the look of that one? I didn’t get around to reading the preview in full but I also expected to see the 5-4-1 diamond. Brentford will have a lot of possession, would some rather see 2 up front? That would give them a lot of space and with our strikers it doesn’t give us that much more threat!
  • Options
    Five games to go, four more yellow cards and he is banned for two games, rest him for this one and then he can get a yellow in each of the last four games  :)
  • Options
    1-2.  Jonny’s biggest day 
  • Options
    Well after that poor lifeless display against the wall bows had to make some major changes surprise there is no hamed??
    Glad to see sarr and the pace of William's might give us an outlet that we have been missing
    Surely cant be worse than against the wall can it??
    Williams is all fur coat and no knickers. If he scores before the end of the season I will give 50 pounds to the Greenwich and Bexley Hospice.
  • Options
    The big question is where Green is. Yes he was awful against Cardiff, but we are desperately thin in attacking areas
  • Options
    A team full of goals.......not.

We have a mis-firing striker so we surround him with players that dont score.

Williams not scored at all for us......ever.
    JFC not scored this season
    Cullen not scored in open play & just 1 pen.
    Field not scored.

I think someone has hacked your account.. youre usually far more positive 🤣
  • Options
    I'd rather him start against Reading when we have a chance of winning 
  • Options
    Simple fact is we don’t have team that could be picked that I would like. This one is as good as any other that could have been selected with the exception of the lamentable Bonne but I can see the logic of picking him in a lone headless chicken sort of role. No point in Hemed or Davison when we can only play 1 up front. If we don’t get spanked here I know nothing about football. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2020
    The big question is where Green is. Yes he was awful against Cardiff, but we are desperately thin in attacking areas
    Maybe he doesn’t fancy it. Given his release by Villa, wouldn’t really blame him.  I would have given young Josh a go by now.

More to the point, where is Oztumer ?
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    Where are we cheering the Addicks from this evening?

Behind the sofa.
  • Options
    The only bit of good news is when I went for my walk yesterday I saw two magpies together.
    Not scientifically reliable but a straw.
  • Options
    Simple fact is we don’t have team that could be picked that I would like. This one is as good as any other that could have been selected with the exception of the lamentable Bonne but I can see the logic of picking him in a lone headless chicken sort of role. No point in Hemed or Davison when we can only play 1 up front. If we don’t get spanked here I know nothing about football. 
    If you know so much about football, why on earth are you supporting Charlton  :)
  • Options
    Davison on the bench. Unknown to most defences and is more a CF than Green IMO.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    But in a team where we will probably only counter attack, Green's pace would surely be useful?
  • Options
    Don’t think it’s a bad line up Pratley needs a rest and Johnny needs a game we are not expecting anything but you never know in Bowyer we trust COYR 
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    But in a team where we will probably only counter attack, Green's pace would surely be useful?
    Only if he gives a f***. I think we are well shot of him to be honest. 
  • Options
    Anyone got the lads from VP coming through the speakers?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!