Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Makes sense as you can often socially distance at the Valley anyway
  • So how will this be undertaken if as the standard report says "No Charlton fans will be involved in the testing at The Valley"?

Away fans only?
  • Makes sense, as The Valley has a good variety of different stands and facilities, 2 tier stands with lounges and covered concourses, the East stand with its open air concourse and the Jimmy Seed which is basically just covered banking
  • It won't be on a match day. They'll have a load of volunteers (or possibly even paid participants) simulate a match day. They'll want to be able to stop and start it multiple times, changes flows, get people to actually do what they're asked, etc. Trying to do it on a match day with time pressure, etc. would make it a one hit only exercise and useless for actually testing different schemes and working out the best way to achieve the desired goals.
  • They mention us being used as the stadium has a mixture of old & new stands. Not sure that really rings true as it really only the JS stand that is "old". I would have thought we are a good example as we have many turnstiles into different parts of the ground. The East for example must have 6 or so along the bottom & 4 at the Sam Bartram Entrance. 
  • I'm assuming that to start with games will have to be all ticket and away fans banned.
  • edited July 2020
    I would have thought season tickets only at the start, otherwise youl end up with away fans attending.
  • The last two games have been testing for the fans so makes sense.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2020
    The rusty toolbox was ruled out for testing as the benchmark of 30% full was deemed an unacceptable target. 😉