Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Toilets closed at half time next season?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Has anyone heard of XL nappies with a scent of Potpourri ?

If not I will start production now.

Smelling more of Pourri than Po hopefully !
  • Options
    edited July 2020

To be honest everyone can go a couple of hours without a piss, 
    Nope.
    Wait 'til you get over 60.
    And what about if you live more than a five minute walk away? "A couple of hours" becomes three or four hours + for most if you include travel time either side. And what if you've got the shits?

Perhaps @Chris_from_Sidcup can tell us how long he thinks must pass before it becomes unacceptable for toilet facilities not to be provided? 

What are we saying, people should be able to hold their piss for 4 hours and a shit indefinitely as long as they're sitting down? Come on Chris, what's the benchmark here?
  • Options
    Good news and bad news:

Good news, you're not going to end up caring if the toilets are shut at halftime 

Bad news: because supporters won't be allowed in the ground next season. 
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    iainment said:
    I don’t think age is as much a factor as the drinking many do before a game.
    Lol, who'd have thought that eh, people wanting to enjoy a few pints with their mates before a game. tut tut.
    I wasn’t judging. Just saying.
  • Options
    Off_it said:

Nope.
    And what about if you live more than a five minute walk away? "A couple of hours" becomes three or four hours + for most if you include travel time either side. And what if you've got the shits?

Perhaps @Chris_from_Sidcup can tell us how long he thinks must pass before it becomes unacceptable for toilet facilities not to be provided? 

What are we saying, people should be able to hold their piss for 4 hours and a shit indefinitely as long as they're sitting down? Come on Chris, what's the benchmark here?
    It’s only during half time.🚽
  • Options
    Off_it said:

Nope.

It’s only during half time.🚽
    Will they be open during the water breaks? 
  • Options
    SDAddick said:
    Good news and bad news:

Good news, you're not going to end up caring if the toilets are shut at halftime 

I cannot see fans being allowed into a ground before Christmas, then it will be a certain % of capacity.
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Off_it said:

Nope.

I think you've misunderstood this greatly.

The 2 hours i mentioned was from the start of the game to the end, as they'll only be out of action at half time.

If you travel to the game from an hour away i'm sure you could take a piss at 2.55pm. If you were that desperate you could even pop down for 2 minutes during the game.

To answer your question, the toilet facilities are only not provided for a grand total of 15 minutes. No one is going to have to hold on for 4 hours.
  • Options
    Off_it said:

Nope.

The 2 hours i mentioned was from the start of the game to the end, as they'll only be out of action at half time.

If you travel to the game from an hour away i'm sure you could take a piss at 2.55pm. If you were that desperate you could even pop down for 2 minutes during the game.

To answer your question, the toilet facilities are only not provided for a grand total of 15 minutes. No one is going to have to hold on for 4 hours.
    Can’t see the toilet being closed at half time being viable. Will they lock the doors? If so, what happens if someone is still in there. If not, will they have a 16 year old steward in front of the toilet door. For 8p/h an hour would they really want the hassle of stopping people using it. 

I’ve bought my season ticket for next season but not looking forward to it. Will most likely have to wear a mandatory mask (muzzle) on the train to the ground. Have to pre book a table in a pub before a game. Won’t have any away fans to banter with. Plus, most my friends won’t get tickets if they only have 5k in the stadium. 
  • Options
    Off_it said:

Nope.

Can’t see the toilet being closed at half time being viable. Will they lock the doors? If so, what happens if someone is still in there. If not, will they have a 16 year old steward in front of the toilet door. For 8p/h an hour would they really want the hassle of stopping people using it. 

I’ve bought my season ticket for next season but not looking forward to it. Will most likely have to wear a mandatory mask (muzzle) on the train to the ground. Have to pre book a table in a pub before a game. Won’t have any away fans to banter with. Plus, most my friends won’t get tickets if they only have 5k in the stadium. 
    I believe there aren’t any locks on the doors......I can genuinely see BIG problems trying to keep out punters who are literally busting.
    I think it may come to blows or similar.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2020
    Off_it said:

Nope.

I believe there aren’t any locks on the doors......I can genuinely see BIG problems trying to keep out punters who are literally busting.
    There certainly weren't any locks on the bogs in our youth mate remember the troughs behind the Covered End and up by the old scoreboard, Lansdown Mews entrance 😉.
  • Options
    So the train to the game and the pub before hand will be social distanced 😂😂
  • Options

Addickted said:
    Some of you have no imagination

Just pop the bottom bag in the pocket of the bloke in front.

There's a bottom bag as well?
  • Options
    Off_it said:

Nope.

Exactly.

Earlier in the thread i said it's unlikely to be enforced. They struggle enough to stop people smoking, so there's no way a few stewards will be able to do anything if 100 people surge past them all needing a piss.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:
    Good news and bad news:

I cannot see fans being allowed into a ground before Christmas, then it will be a certain % of capacity.

Clubs will not survive without fans coming back.

I think home fans will be back Sept/Oct time with 50%-75% capacity if things progress as they are at the moment. Away fans back Jan 21.

• Options
    SDAddick said:
    Good news and bad news:

I think home fans will be back Sept/Oct time with 50%-75% capacity if things progress as they are at the moment. Away fans back Jan 21.

That’s what I reckon. The fly in the ointment will be any covid outbreaks as we head into Autumn and Winter. Which is when illness isn’t rife anyway and offices etc will be opening back up 
  • Options
    Off_it said:

Nope.

I fear that your season ticket money won't end up getting you a season ticket but Paul Elliott's wife will have a good day out at a Country House Spa Resort.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:
    Good news and bad news:

Jan 21st is a Thursday....
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:
    SDAddick said:
    Good news and bad news:

Leaving in plenty of time before hand , for the coach pick-up at Barnehurst.
  • Options
    Put stewards at bog entrances; so many in; so many out. Shops and s'markets been doing it for months.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    addick19 said:
    Put stewards at bog entrances; so many in; so many out. Shops and s'markets been doing it for months.
    But you don't get hundreds of mainly blokes all wanting to go to the toilet at the same time in shops.
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:
    SDAddick said:
    Good news and bad news:

Leaving in plenty of time before hand , for the coach pick-up at Barnehurst.
    Is there a toilet on the coach? 🚽🧻🥴
  • Options
    no season ticket until our ownership sorted, not even sure I’ll be going at all, the cup runneth dry..
  • Options
    razil said:
    no season ticket until our ownership sorted, not even sure I’ll be going at all, the cup runneth dry..
    Agree. Why give any money to these changers. 
  • Options
    Totally ignoring the name of the document it confirms which most of us have been discussing.

No away fans and stadium will be 30% full. 7k which will probably be 5k season ticket holders and 2k buying per game.

Usually arrive 5 mins before kick off so no idea what I would do if have to be at the ground for 1PM.
  • Options
    Get steaming 
  • Options
    Must surely give a disadvantage to clubs like
    Fulham who never sing at home matches. 
  • Options
    Must surely give a disadvantage to clubs like
    Fulham who never sing at home matches. 
    Typical Daily Mail. Click bait rubbish. 
  • Options
    I see our friends up the road thinking ahead! When fans are allowed back in the ground tickets will be sold in blocks of two 😉