Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Nicky Weaver on OS

edited July 2007 in General Charlton
saying all the right things so we really must get right behind him if he is first choice. What's in the past should stay in the past.

Comments

• Options
    Agreed large! i cant say i was over pleased when i found out he's signed. But he's a Charlton player now so im behind him 100%.
  • Options
    I was away with two Charlton fans this weekend and met another, none knew there was history with Weaver.
  • Options
    i remember what Weaver did but it was just panto stuff. he got singled out because he was one of very few players who have ever irritated us charlton fans. let's be honest what weaver did, when compared to muscat's tackle on Holmes, is hardly worth remembering. i personally look forward to him pumping up the crowd before games and think he's a very shrewd signing and my tip for ccc goalie of the year.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]saying all the right things so we really must get right behind him if he is first choice. What's in the past should stay in the past.

I agree 100%. What would be a complete disaster is if fans get on his back and undermine his confidence. We need him to be confident!!
  • Options
    yep! lets get behimd him...
  • Options
    i so hope he starts at Welling for a bit of friendly banter!
  • Options
    He'll be popular with the locals at the gillingham game too
  • Options
    Another interesting bit in the article is that they said he'll be challenging Randolph for a place - shows we do rate Randolph highly enough that we won't be looking for another keeper imho.
  • Options
    Got to have 3 keepers.

Personally i see the "challenging Randolph" bit as a bit of politics, but fully expect Weaver sorry, our Nicky to be our No1.

See what happens when the squad numbers are announced.
  • Options
    make you right stan, he has to say that, but i believe he will be the first chioce, with randolph an able understudy