Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Abbey Wood, local advice

2»

Comments

• Options
    Upper Abbey wood at the top of Knee Hill is nice, lower Abbey Wood not so nice!  
    See I’d class that as Bexleyheath 
    I was brought up in Amberley Road at the top of Knee Hill & went to school at Picardy. it borders Bexleyheath, Belvedere & Abbey wood. Actually used to say I was from Belvedere as it seemed more so than Abbey Wood!  Nice area though! 
    I might have been your paper boy. I’m still waiting for my Christmas tip!
    Ha ha that would be my parents debt!  Nice try though 🙂
  • Options
    fadgadget said:
    mart77 said:
    Depends on what side of the railway lines you’re looking at. McLeod Road side isn’t too bad. Eynsham side I’d probably avoid although property has been rising there.
    Agree, although there is trouble both sides it's more prominent Eynsham side.

Unfortunately when they shipped those out the Ferrier estate they were scattered around the Abbeywood area. 

Oi ! we are not all like that .  
    No offense intended. But you know what I mean 
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Looking at moving soon, and buying my first property, and Abbey Wood has been suggested a few times. Fairly affordable at the minute, and with Crossrail coming (someday) it looks good on paper, but was hoping for some views on what the area is like in general.

Seem to remember someone doing similar for Kidbrooke, so any insight will be appreciated!

Cheers
    What sort of budget for a first time by?
    About £400k. Which seems to get you a 2 bed terrace in AW, but doesn't get much more than a flat anywhere else zone 4 and inwards. 
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Croydon said:
    Looking at moving soon, and buying my first property, and Abbey Wood has been suggested a few times. Fairly affordable at the minute, and with Crossrail coming (someday) it looks good on paper, but was hoping for some views on what the area is like in general.

Seem to remember someone doing similar for Kidbrooke, so any insight will be appreciated!

Cheers
    What sort of budget for a first time by?
    About £400k. Which seems to get you a 2 bed terrace in AW, but doesn't get much more than a flat anywhere else zone 4 and inwards. 
    For that amount of money you could get a three bed semi in upper Abbey Wood, within a walkable distance to Crossrail!