Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

FAO Suzi, Les, Stu, et al

So how were Metallica???

Comments

• Options
    or more importantly did les dig out his metallica shorts and t-shirt combo for the occasion?
  • Options
    Come on, don't be shy - how was it?
  • Options
    It was great, got inside just for the start of Machine Head which as expected was an amazing set, although it only lasted about 40mins which was a little disappointing. HIM sucked, they are one of those bands that are either amazing, or god awful, they chose awful.

Metallica played a great set, with Trujillo playing an amazing solo, JH was also showing his age well ;-)

The music was good and Wembley is a great stadium but when it comes to live music I'd much rather be somewhere like Brixton Academy, or the Astoria. Sadly, with Wembley and the O2 now open I think most larger bands will opt for the bigger venues.

An amazing summer ahead with some real good bands playing, ending in November with The Black Crusade, can't wait.
  • Options
    twas great!
  • Options
    Did they play much of the old stuff, Battery, Whiplash, For Whom the Bell Tolls, etc?

("Take a look to the sky just before you die, it's the last time you will")
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    I'll upload all my pics tonight, didn't really have time yesterday, heres one I did manage though.

08072007004ao5.jpg
  • Options
    yup, did them all

best song was seek and destroy and nothing else matters :-)
  • Options
    Suzi, did you manage to swap those tickets in the end?
  • Options
    "Which ones Stu? Is it the one with all the sh*t in their face?"

"No, that's my wife!"

One of my favourite lines from a fim is that!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]"Which ones Stu? Is it the one with all the sh*t in their face?"

"No, that's my wife!"

One of my favourite lines from a fim is that!

Pulp fiction.. easy
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stu of SE7[/cite]Suzi, did you manage to swap those tickets in the end?

no, they didn't bother. my dad brother and mate twiggy were up on the right hand side in the front row of that middle tier and didn't want to get stiched up by a tout so stayed where they were. glad we were on the floor tho, i've put a 6 min vid on youtube of our mate dancing to seek and destroy. the funniest thing ever. would never have happened had we been in the seats! (or been sober!)
  • Options
    need to see a link suz, i like the sound of that lol
  • Options
    Suzi. Just how do you "dance" to Seek and Destroy?

Mind you, I bet it all seemed perfectly natural in a drunken haze!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Stu of SE7[/cite]Suzi, did you manage to swap those tickets in the end?

no, they didn't bother. my dad brother and mate twiggy were up on the right hand side in the front row of that middle tier and didn't want to get stiched up by a tout so stayed where they were. glad we were on the floor tho, i've put a 6 min vid on youtube of our mate dancing to seek and destroy. the funniest thing ever. would never have happened had we been in the seats! (or been sober!)

Yeah, we where middle tier, front row to the left.

Just outta interest was anyone smoking in the standing area?
  • Options
    yeah, some people were, but not many to be honest. I've given up, and didn't even think about it. didn't see anyone smoking when they were on but inbetween HIM and metallica when people were milling around, there were a couple having crafty fags.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]Suzi. Just how do you "dance" to Seek and Destroy?

Mind you, I bet it all seemed perfectly natural in a drunken haze!

like this!!!!

apologies for the 90deg turn!
  • Options
    lol, that is quality suz
  • Options
    esp when dec starts doing star jumps and their air guitar patch about 3 mins in and the swinging of the jacket.

i was crying with laughter.
  • Options
    Excellent!!